TRUMP - most electable Republican?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:34:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  TRUMP - most electable Republican?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TRUMP - most electable Republican?  (Read 750 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 26, 2016, 02:15:58 PM »

Very good article in my opinion.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/01/26/trump-is-the-most-electable-republican-really.html
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 02:52:27 PM »

There is no question about it.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 02:56:03 PM »

He's not even a Republican, let alone electable.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 03:14:33 PM »

Not at all. He could do well in Ohio and Pennsylvania because there are a decent amount of blue collar whites in those states who still will vote dem. However, he doesn't seem to play well in the Midwest, and I can't see him doing well in diverse states like Colorado, Nevada, Florida, or Virginia.
yankeesfan
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 03:17:35 PM »

Absolutely not.   I'm a republican and he's the only candidate I wouldn't vote for.  I am definitely not alone in that respect
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 03:35:06 PM »

Absolutely right. Somehow he has left himself the wiggle room to move toward the center and seem like an ideological moderate. He certainly has had success deflecting his previous policy positions in the past. But he could also either fail at that or just stay the course and have 3/4 of the country despise him and he could lose in a landslide. I think his ceiling is maybe just under 300 EVs, and his floor could be as low as 150 EVs. Maybe its worth it for Republicans to take that risk rather than nominate someone whose ceiling is 270. I hope not.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 04:24:47 PM »

Not at all. He could do well in Ohio and Pennsylvania because there are a decent amount of blue collar whites in those states who still will vote dem. However, he doesn't seem to play well in the Midwest, and I can't see him doing well in diverse states like Colorado, Nevada, Florida, or Virginia.

He plays very well in Florida. Better doublecheck facts before claiming something.
You seem to forget that all TRUMP needs to win are Romney states (granted) plus FL, OH and PA.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 05:09:35 PM »

He plays very well in Florida. Better doublecheck facts before claiming something.
You seem to forget that all TRUMP needs to win are Romney states (granted) plus FL, OH and PA.

RCP average has him one point above Clinton 44-43. I real don't think he will play well with undecided voters there. I-4 corridor moderates and Cubans in Miami will break away from him. Now there's always the possibility that he moves to the center, but then he loses his authenticity and I honestly don't know what would happen. If he stays on his current message I don't see him winning Florida unless he's already well ahead.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies