Trump vs Sanders: Who wins PA? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:21:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump vs Sanders: Who wins PA? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who?
Trump

Sanders

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: Trump vs Sanders: Who wins PA?  (Read 4237 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« on: January 23, 2016, 05:02:15 PM »

Anyone who thinks Trump has a chance in the general election is kidding themselves.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 05:11:07 PM »

Anyone who thinks Trump has a chance in the general election is kidding themselves.

They were saying the same thing about the Republican primaries.

I don't get how you can think that the fact that he appeals to a little over a third of GOP primary voters means he'd be acceptable overall.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 05:20:19 PM »

It's not that he's far right, it's that he has no political experience, and the Democratic establishment would be more comfortable with Sanders than the Republican establishment would be with Trump. Also, Trump alienates minorities, who aren't exactly a small group. You could argue that Sanders would cause low turnout among minorities, but the only way for him to win the nomination is by winning a decent number of them.

Trump is great at appealing to a certain subset of the GOP, but I have yet to see any evidence that he has any appeal beyond that, aside from people who will begrudgingly vote for whomever the GOP nominates.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 12:01:30 PM »

It's not that he's far right, it's that he has no political experience, and the Democratic establishment would be more comfortable with Sanders than the Republican establishment would be with Trump. Also, Trump alienates minorities, who aren't exactly a small group. You could argue that Sanders would cause low turnout among minorities, but the only way for him to win the nomination is by winning a decent number of them.

Trump is great at appealing to a certain subset of the GOP, but I have yet to see any evidence that he has any appeal beyond that, aside from people who will begrudgingly vote for whomever the GOP nominates.

Since you seem to believe everything that GE polls say, then maybe I can use the "Sanders is leading all the GE polls" argument?
According to both CNN and FOX he's already at 47%, and he leads comfortably in FL & CO general election polls.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies