Blair for President Press Release: I'll never apologize for activity
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:54:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Blair for President Press Release: I'll never apologize for activity
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Blair for President Press Release: I'll never apologize for activity  (Read 320 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 24, 2016, 08:42:55 AM »
« edited: January 24, 2016, 08:45:08 AM by Governor Blair »

Governor Blair for President:Press Release

My Opponent President Griffin attacked me in the debate for having the 'wrong type of activity' for Atlasia

Governor, first of all, I would definitely like to congratulate you on having conversations with yourself during the month of December.

You've mentioned that you'd like to "give more speeches" and "have more meetings" - all the while hitting me on "activity" - but these elements are not the definition of "activity". Activity comes from the combined input and output of dozens of engaged citizens and elected officials. Talking to yourself is not the definition of activity.

This attack is completely off the mark, and highlights perfectly why Labor members should back me, and my active approach towards Atlasia. We've got a choice in this election between ignoring certain types of activity and having a well rounded approach to the Presidency. We've got a choice between my opponent ; who has admitted that he doesn't care about the budget process and myself who's passed a balanced budget in the Northeast.

My opponent may want to criticize me for 'talking to myself' but frankly this does not represent my record at all. We brought people together in the Northeast after a referendum-you want to know how we did just... by talking! Don't let us be sucked into a trap where everyone dismisses the  need for political engagement, whilst then complaining about the lack of activity. As President I can combine being active in public where I'll make speeches, debate policy and fight at the ConCon whilst also working behind the scenes to keep the Federal Government working. I've already released a plan about how we can make the office of the President stronger, and how as President I would be the face of the nation; bringing new players in, bring old players back and using my skills, experience and relationships to push for reform

I want to make one thing clear: I will never apologize for being active. Ask the people of the Northeast what happens when you have an active Governor who takes a lead; it lifts the rest of the region up. We can't let ourselves fall into this cynical trap: we need all types of activity in Atlasia
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 02:58:48 PM »

Although I agree you're a bit too liberal for me, at least you have the courage to stand for your values, something President Griffin doesn't do. At least you don't throw out petty attacks. Good luck.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 06:02:26 PM »

Completely disingenuous. Your original claims attempted to frame "activity" for me as being related to how many offices were being held, how many players were joining the game and how many votes were being held; while "activity" for you was related to visiting foreign countries (not acknowledged by the storyline team = didn't happen), giving speeches that people unfortunately don't normally read and talking to fictitious people. You're comparing apples and oranges. They are not one and the same.

When we have 50 people doing what you're doing, then maybe that type of activity will indicate that more meaningful elements of activity also occurring alongside it. Until then, they are completely different, and you know exactly why I laid the criticisms at your feet the way in which I did.

My definition of activity in abundance makes the game healthier over the long-run. Your definition of activity in abundance merely indicates that the game is already in a healthy situation. There is a very meaningful different.

Although I agree you're a bit too liberal for me, at least you have the courage to stand for your values, something President Griffin doesn't do. At least you don't throw out petty attacks. Good luck.

I have to say, the past few days have really made me aware of just how much turnover the game has experienced in recent months. When there is a growing chorus of people who - seemingly believing what they say - claim that Griffin of all people is not standing up for his values, then you know the times are a-changing.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies