IA/NH-Fox: Trump leads both states by double digits
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:11:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  IA/NH-Fox: Trump leads both states by double digits
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: IA/NH-Fox: Trump leads both states by double digits  (Read 2564 times)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2016, 02:15:48 PM »

Confirms CNN numbers.

It's officially over, folks. The Republican primary voters have failed their party and just set in stone a Hillary Clinton presidency. What a discouraging day.

Hey, at least we'll have a fun GE campaign.

I won't find it fun to watch Hillary blow Trump away, taking back the Senate and possibly even the House.

EDIT: I take it back. If Republicans nominate Trump, they kind of deserve it.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2016, 02:16:27 PM »

Trump is all but assured of the Republican nomination.  This does not however mean Hillary Clinton is all but assured to be the 45th President of the United States.  In fact, I would say the Donald would start the general election campaign with a slight advantage over Hillary.

Have you jumped on the Trump Train yet, Bushie?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2016, 02:33:05 PM »

Trump is all but assured of the Republican nomination.  This does not however mean Hillary Clinton is all but assured to be the 45th President of the United States.  In fact, I would say the Donald would start the general election campaign with a slight advantage over Hillary.

I'm going back and forth, honestly.  I really don't like either candidate.  I feel like Hillary is one of the most corrupt politicians we've had in a long time, yet I'm not sure I want a guy who gets a kick out of insulting everybody he comes across.  If he thinks he can insult the other world leaders, we'll be in full blown World War 3 in the first 6 months.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2016, 02:34:53 PM »

Trump is all but assured of the Republican nomination.  This does not however mean Hillary Clinton is all but assured to be the 45th President of the United States.  In fact, I would say the Donald would start the general election campaign with a slight advantage over Hillary.

I'm going back and forth, honestly.  I really don't like either candidate.  I feel like Hillary is one of the most corrupt politicians we've had in a long time, yet I'm not sure I want a guy who gets a kick out of insulting everybody he comes across.  If he thinks he can insult the other world leaders, we'll be in full blown World War 3 in the first 6 months.

TRUMP only insults those who actually deserve it.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2016, 02:36:49 PM »

They deserve it! China is killing us on trade, Mexico is sending the worst... the absolute WORST... across the border, and Iran is making a fool of us at the negotiating table!/troll
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2016, 02:49:20 PM »

They deserve it! China is killing us on trade, Mexico is sending the worst... the absolute WORST... across the border, and Iran is making a fool of us at the negotiating table!/troll

Still there's a right way and a wrong way to handle these situations and these leaders.  I'm not sure Trump has the right temperament to deal with them.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2016, 02:54:27 PM »

Trump is all but assured of the Republican nomination.  This does not however mean Hillary Clinton is all but assured to be the 45th President of the United States.  In fact, I would say the Donald would start the general election campaign with a slight advantage over Hillary.

I'm going back and forth, honestly.  I really don't like either candidate.  I feel like Hillary is one of the most corrupt politicians we've had in a long time, yet I'm not sure I want a guy who gets a kick out of insulting everybody he comes across.  If he thinks he can insult the other world leaders, we'll be in full blown World War 3 in the first 6 months.

Still there's a right way and a wrong way to handle these situations and these leaders.  I'm not sure Trump has the right temperament to deal with them.

He will be best pals with Putin. Speak bluntly and have Putin at your side.
Seneca
Rookie

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2016, 03:01:55 PM »

Paul is up a bit. If Cruz utterly collapses, maybe Paul will pick up a lot of his supporters.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2016, 03:06:31 PM »

Wouldn't that be a plus for you (the rapture and all that)?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2016, 03:20:54 PM »

Wouldn't that be a plus for you (the rapture and all that)?

Yea, for real.  Which trumpet will that be again?
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2016, 03:34:44 PM »

Confirms CNN numbers.

It's officially over, folks. The Republican primary voters have failed their party and just set in stone a Hillary Clinton presidency. What a discouraging day.

I won't find it fun to watch Hillary blow Trump away, taking back the Senate and possibly even the House.

You're calling the race way too early.  As crass as he may be, he would still have more enthusiasm behind his campaign than Hillary.  Not to mention, if Hillary ends up being the nominee, he'd be able to harp on his anti-establishment narrative.

We will see.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2016, 04:10:18 PM »

Confirms CNN numbers.

You're calling the race way too early.  As crass as he may be, he would still have more enthusiasm behind his campaign than Hillary.  Not to mention, if Hillary ends up being the nominee, he'd be able to harp on his anti-establishment narrative.

We will see.

I agree that it's very early. He's shown that he can reinvent himself completely, and it's not impossible that he can do it again. However, he's been digging himself into a hole with every crass comment he makes, and I'm not sure he can climb out. I'm also a little skeptical that, as you put it very well, harping on his ant-establishment narrative, will play well in a general.

EDIT: Post #500. I am a YaBB god?
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2016, 05:06:24 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2016, 05:12:33 PM by EliteLX »

Sigh, I'm sounding like a broken record because some of you do not get it:

You all forget a Trump win requires Florida.. then Ohio... then Virginia (LOL)... then Colorado... then Iowa. All of them. I would honestly be very shocked to see him even win Ohio and Florida. Every one of them, a majority win. Playing with the numbers shows this isn't a reality. Trump can't push the demographics. Donald is eating $hit with every group BUT uneducated whites. And this is all after Donald has to make it through the GE AND get shredded in primetime nationally watched debates where "we NEED to win!" no longer qualifies as an answer.

Oh, and you already know Donald isn't making it to November without saying at least a dozen extremely backwards controversial statements which will hurt him even more. (This is no longer the Republican Primary, friends) Trump literally has no path to a general election win against Hillary. There isn't one.

Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2016, 05:12:03 PM »

EliteLX's low energy is clouding his vision.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2016, 05:12:49 PM »

You all forget a Trump win requires Florida.. then Ohio... then Virginia... then Colorado... then Iowa. All of them. I would honestly be very shocked to see him even win Ohio and Florida. Every one of them, a majority win. Playing with the numbers shows this isn't a reality. Trump can't push the demographics. Donald is eating $hit with every group BUT uneducated whites. And this is all after Donald has to make it through the GE AND get shredded in primetime nationally watched debates where "we NEED to win!" no longer qualifies as an answer.

Oh, and you already know Donald isn't making it to November without saying at least a dozen extremely backwards controversial statements which will hurt him even more. (This is no longer the Republican Primary, friends) Trump literally has no path to a general election win against Hillary. There isn't one.

Ne, you are forgetting things.

TRUMP requires only the following states and those are the only states he is going to campaign in: Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania.

He will also campaign in New York just for kicks, or for real if Sanders is the nominee.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2016, 05:14:31 PM »

You all forget a Trump win requires Florida.. then Ohio... then Virginia... then Colorado... then Iowa. All of them. I would honestly be very shocked to see him even win Ohio and Florida. Every one of them, a majority win. Playing with the numbers shows this isn't a reality. Trump can't push the demographics. Donald is eating $hit with every group BUT uneducated whites. And this is all after Donald has to make it through the GE AND get shredded in primetime nationally watched debates where "we NEED to win!" no longer qualifies as an answer.

TRUMP requires only the following states and those are the only states he is going to campaign in: Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania.

He will also campaign in New York just for kicks, or for real if Sanders is the nominee.

Trump wins PA I'll PayPal you $1,000.

That's so delusional.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2016, 05:15:00 PM »

You all forget a Trump win requires Florida.. then Ohio... then Virginia... then Colorado... then Iowa. All of them. I would honestly be very shocked to see him even win Ohio and Florida.

And he has to do all that without losing Arizona, NC, Missouri, and Georgia.

(Not sure about your math, he actually doesn't need both Iowa and Colorado, only one.)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2016, 05:15:28 PM »

You all forget a Trump win requires Florida.. then Ohio... then Virginia (LOL)... then Colorado... then Iowa. All of them. I would honestly be very shocked to see him even win Ohio and Florida. Every one of them, a majority win. Playing with the numbers shows this isn't a reality. Trump can't push the demographics. Donald is eating $hit with every group BUT uneducated whites. And this is all after Donald has to make it through the GE AND get shredded in primetime nationally watched debates where "we NEED to win!" no longer qualifies as an answer.

People are so used to Trump being teflon in the Republican primary that they are applying it to a situation where it may not fit (the general.) His favorability rating among the general electorate is actually quite toxic. Could he turn it around? Possibly, it wouldn't be the most surprising thing Trump ever accomplished. But it's certainly not a lock.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2016, 05:16:02 PM »

That's so delusional.

No need for that. We'll celebrate together.Smiley
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2016, 05:16:10 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2016, 05:19:23 PM by EliteLX »

You all forget a Trump win requires Florida.. then Ohio... then Virginia... then Colorado... then Iowa. All of them. I would honestly be very shocked to see him even win Ohio and Florida.

And he has to do all that without losing Arizona, NC, Missouri, and Georgia.

(Not sure about your math, he actually doesn't need both Iowa and Colorado, only one.)

Exactly. It's not a reality lol, move on already.

Apologies about the EV mistake, CO or IA.

That's so delusional.

No need for that. We'll celebrate together.Smiley

Yeah, probably not.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2016, 05:19:50 PM »

People are so used to Trump being teflon in the Republican primary that they are applying it to a situation where it may not fit (the general.) His favorability rating among the general electorate is actually quite toxic. Could he turn it around? Possibly, it wouldn't be the most surprising thing Trump ever accomplished. But it's certainly not a lock.

Come on, IceSpear. I've been telling this to you for quite some time now. Your Princess Hillary is only going to go down with her favorables, while my man TRUMP is going up.

He already proved he could do it in the Pub primaries. He was doing worse with Pubs than Hillary is doing now with the GE electorate.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2016, 05:22:01 PM »

In the Iowa poll, they also asked this question…

Is there any candidate who you would refuse to vote for in the general election?

Trump 20%
Bush 14%
Cruz 11%
Rubio 8%
Paul 7%
Carson 5%
Fiorina 5%
Huckabee 5%
Christie 5%
Kasich 5%
Santorum 5%
Gilmore 4% (Gilmore confirmed as most electable GOP candidate)

But... But... Kasich and Christie would never win because base turnout!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2016, 05:24:58 PM »

Come on, IceSpear. I've been telling this to you for quite some time now. Your Princess Hillary is only going to go down with her favorables, while my man TRUMP is going up.

He already proved he could do it in the Pub primaries. He was doing worse with Pubs than Hillary is doing now with the GE electorate.

It's a lot easier to convince your own party to change their mind about you than it is to convince independents and the other party. Christie accomplished the same feat and he's not really much of a factor in the race at all.

Again, I'm not saying Trump can't improve his image among the general electorate. In fact, it wouldn't even particularly surprise me if he did. But the general electorate is not going to give him a pass on everything like the Republican primary electorate has either.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2016, 05:30:56 PM »

New York, Michigan, Massachusetts, Minnesota, California. Watch out, Trump is gonna put some major states on the map!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2016, 09:22:45 AM »

Changes for each demographic group as compared to the previous poll:

Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies