Opinion of the Colours 1: Beige
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:08:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of the Colours 1: Beige
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How do you feel about Beige?
Freedom Colour

Horrible Colour

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Opinion of the Colours 1: Beige  (Read 390 times)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 25, 2016, 01:51:44 AM »
« edited: January 25, 2016, 02:04:18 AM by Tik on a blueberry boat »

Hello! Welcome to the first of my series of polls Opinion of the Colours**, in which we will delve into and explore the approx. 14* colours known to scientists and their properties, uses, and varieties.

Our first colour was only discovered in 1874 by a team of French scientists led by the notorious Jean van Claude. Like many scientific advancements, it wasn't being sought out at the time. No, the Reverend van Claude's team was researching a now cured condition known as Dental Benignness when, as the story goes, one of the researchers happened to glance at the wall. "Is it just me," he remarked (but more in French), "or is the colour of the walls rather sheepish?" The colour of the researcher's pants were later discovered to be Beige.

What we've learned about Beige since then has grown by leaps in bounds. Beige went from an analog colour to a digital one officially in 1987 and is often discussed online the Twitters with the hashtag #F5F5DC.

Colloquially Beige is celebrated for its sassy attitude hiding away beneath a stoic veneer, often alluded to in fashion magazines.

While when consumed raw Beige contains poisonous alkaloids that cause flammability in infants, a simple cold water extraction leaves you with pure Beige that, while lacking in any nutritional value, is said to taste like almonds that have had the flavour removed from them.

Genetically Beige is related to Mother of Pearl, a colour that went extinct you know, like, more or less 4 to 5 million years ago probably. This relationship is obvious when you examine fossilized Mother of Pearl, the joint structure of which is kinda like Beige, maybe.

In 2002 Beige was named of the Official Colour for Walls in Nepal, and laws were put in place demanding that all walls be coloured Beige. Adoption has been controversial, however, and protesters have complained that the law was only put in place because various government officials had ties in Beige mining.

I hope you have enjoyed this post about Beige and I welcome any further facts you know about Beige.

* The true number of colours could be as low as 3 and as high as All the Numbers, but most contemporary scientists have settled on 14 as a compromise.

** The British variant of the word has been chosen out of respect for the now deceased Reverend van Claude, may he RIP in peace.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 02:21:34 AM »

Don't always agree with it, but nice hue, FF.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 02:41:08 AM »
« Edited: January 25, 2016, 02:42:47 AM by Dereich »

I refuse to vote in protest of "colors" being spelled with an ou. Nobody who would write the word "colours" deserves your respect.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 02:57:16 AM »

Massive HC
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 02:58:43 AM »

Meh.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 10:29:39 PM »

Lean FC.

Also, I hope this series continues. I found it rather amusing.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 12:14:26 AM »

Beige is like Tuesday, no one suspects it, but it is the most awful in the category.

Want an original evil fantasy overlord, give him beige robes.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies