"Obama to ban Solitary Confinement for Juveniles/low level Federal Crimminals" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:30:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  "Obama to ban Solitary Confinement for Juveniles/low level Federal Crimminals" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Obama to ban Solitary Confinement for Juveniles/low level Federal Crimminals"  (Read 2223 times)
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 26, 2016, 11:54:21 PM »

Clearly none of you know what it's like in some of these juvenile centers across the country.  Lots of these kids are just as bad or worse than the adults in max security.  Obama has now taken away one of the main tools of discipline used by the guards... Making a blanket ban on solitary confinement is a huge, huge mistake.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 11:57:22 PM »

Clearly none of you know what it's like in some of these juvenile centers across the country.  Lots of these kids are just as bad or worse than the adults in max security.  Obama has now taken away one of the main tools of discipline used by the guards... Making a blanket ban on solitary confinement is a huge, huge mistake.

And how would you know?

I know a hell of a lot more about this than you do.  Believe that.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 11:59:43 PM »

Clearly none of you know what it's like in some of these juvenile centers across the country.

And you know better than everybody else because...?

Am I supposed to post my job history and contacts for the whole internet to see?  What is the purpose of your question?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 12:03:32 AM »

Clearly none of you know what it's like in some of these juvenile centers across the country.  Lots of these kids are just as bad or worse than the adults in max security.  Obama has now taken away one of the main tools of discipline used by the guards... Making a blanket ban on solitary confinement is a huge, huge mistake.

And how would you know?

I know a hell of a lot more about this than you do.  Believe that.

So, either you are a former juvenile, which would explain certain things or you are one of those sadistic monsters which likes to inflict psychological torture to minors and works there (and which, sadly, make the jobs of the majority of the employees there more difficult). Or just a liar trying to bring an authority argument.

I wouldn't brag of any, if I were you.

Yeah... sadistic monsters lol. You don't know very much about what you're speaking of.  I'll stand by what I said.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 11:51:47 PM »

Prison isn't supposed to be a cakewalk.  They're not there on vacation!  I didn't say that the officers should abuse solitary confinement, and it can definitely be abused.  My problem is with Obama banning it for juveniles entirely.  Officers need the threat of confinement sometimes to get them to calm down.  If they know its not an option anymore, not even for a short time, the officers lost a major tool of discipline.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies