East Chicago, IN Councilman sworn in, in jail facing murder charges
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:36:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  East Chicago, IN Councilman sworn in, in jail facing murder charges
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: East Chicago, IN Councilman sworn in, in jail facing murder charges  (Read 1144 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 26, 2016, 09:27:55 AM »
« edited: January 26, 2016, 09:29:43 AM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

WTF

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/news/ct-ptb-barra-sworn-in-st-0124-20160124-story.html
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 11:53:33 AM »

Ah da'region. Always classy up in the northwest corner.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 06:18:48 PM »

[insert Chicago politicians joke here]
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 07:33:18 PM »

I agree.  I say that every time I see a Paultard that doesn't like due process.  Aren't you the Muslim Republican that is constantly complaining about Trump?  So due process is only for people in a hijab?  Is that some kind of Sharia law?
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 07:56:23 PM »

I agree.  I say that every time I see a Paultard that doesn't like due process.  Aren't you the Muslim Republican that is constantly complaining about Trump?  So due process is only for people in a hijab?  Is that some kind of Sharia law?

Just because he hasn't been convicted doesn't make it any less weird. And seriously, even if you're trolling, it's really not cool to hate on the poor guy because he's Muslim.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 08:21:09 PM »

I agree.  I say that every time I see a Paultard that doesn't like due process.  Aren't you the Muslim Republican that is constantly complaining about Trump?  So due process is only for people in a hijab?  Is that some kind of Sharia law?

Just because he hasn't been convicted doesn't make it any less weird. And seriously, even if you're trolling, it's really not cool to hate on the poor guy because he's Muslim.

Speaking of trolling... pointing out chronic cognitive dissonance is not "hating someone because they are Muslim".

There are plenty of outrageous totally illegal things to post about in the political arena.  Why something 100% legal chaps this guy's hide above all that is a mystery.  And really as a so called libertarian who constantly complains about due process you really shouldn't be the one to mock this.  I mean this is what careful due process looks like.

But I must confess I know most libertarians are only libertarians as long as it is convenient for their narrow interests.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 08:32:08 PM »

Speaking of trolling... pointing out chronic cognitive dissonance is not "hating someone because they are Muslim".

There are plenty of outrageous totally illegal things to post about in the political arena.  Why something 100% legal chaps this guy's hide above all that is a mystery.  And really as a so called libertarian who constantly complains about due process you really shouldn't be the one to mock this.  I mean this is what careful due process looks like.

But I must confess I know most libertarians are only libertarians as long as it is convenient for their narrow interests.

It is a bizarre situation. Regardless of whether or not the guy is guilty, he was sworn in as a city councilman from a jail cell. WTF is certainly appropriate.

As for whether you were simply pointing out contradictory ideas: asking whether "due process is only for people in a hijab" goes further than just proving a point. If #TSA were not a Muslim, there is no doubt in my mind that you would not have brought that up.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 07:51:04 AM »

I was talking about the incident, not the due process, and so what if I am?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 04:33:16 AM »

One of the 135 people who ran in the Calfiornia recall election got a little too much attention from law enforcement and got convicted of murder.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 03:57:29 PM »

Another messed up part of the story is that the guy has a yearly salary of $40,000 even though the city of East Chicago is not very large.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies