Trump: "Most likely I won't be doing the debate." UPDATE: He's out
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:51:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump: "Most likely I won't be doing the debate." UPDATE: He's out
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Trump: "Most likely I won't be doing the debate." UPDATE: He's out  (Read 8117 times)
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2016, 08:35:17 PM »

This is a masterstroke. I don't understand how people think this will hurt him when Trump's benefit event will likely be more widely watched than the debate.
People will see that he is not serious, he is a sideshow.

If people haven't figured that out before now, why would they figure it out now?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2016, 08:35:30 PM »

This is a masterstroke. I don't understand how people think this will hurt him when Trump's benefit event will likely be more widely watched than the debate.
People will see that he is not serious, he is a sideshow.

What on Earth has given you the notion that anyone is looking for "serious" this election?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2016, 08:36:55 PM »

Will Huckabee be invited to the debate in TRUMP's place? He'd give Canadian Cruz a good thrashing.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2016, 08:48:12 PM »

This will probably improve the debate.

Agreed. Besides, his absence probably won't hurt him any, given the wackiness of this cycle.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2016, 08:51:02 PM »

I like how people are assuming that a Trumpless debate will have all the other candidates ganging up on his "empty podium" or whatever and succesfully destroy him.

That is a nice wet dream for the haters, but it is just that...a fantasy. Especially considering that such a scenario would catapult Cruz to the nomination and we already know that basically no one wants that.

Not only the debate will probably be the most unimportant of the whole election cycle in terms of viewership but Cruz will still probably be the main receiver of the attacks.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2016, 08:52:59 PM »

Trump is holding a live rally in Iowa in a few minutes, so we'll probably get some more information on this.
bigedlb
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2016, 08:56:40 PM »

Listen, I get that he may get some points for sticking up to the "big bad mainstream media", which amazingly now includes Fox News and Megyn Kelly. But what person, who is going to show up to the caucus and is deciding between Cruz and Trump, is not going to see Trump for the pussy that he is and will not be swayed by Cruz et al laying punches on the absent baby?

How is avoiding a biased establishment circlejerk to do some actual good being a pussy?

Because he is afraid of Megyn Kelly?

Hardly. Fox News essentially released a press release mocking him and saying it was open season on Trump. Standing there for two hours while everyone including the moderators beat on you is completely pointless and unfair bullsh*t that no candidate should have to endure. It would be like MSNBC hosting a GOP debate. Absolutely terrible.

Trump is a man among boys for this.

Fox News Response:
We learned from a secret back channel that the Ayatollah and Putin both intend to treat Donald Trump unfairly when they meet with him if he becomes president — a nefarious source tells us that Trump has his own secret plan to replace the Cabinet with his Twitter followers to see if he should even go to those meetings.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2016, 08:58:35 PM »

Listen, I get that he may get some points for sticking up to the "big bad mainstream media", which amazingly now includes Fox News and Megyn Kelly. But what person, who is going to show up to the caucus and is deciding between Cruz and Trump, is not going to see Trump for the pussy that he is and will not be swayed by Cruz et al laying punches on the absent baby?

How is avoiding a biased establishment circlejerk to do some actual good being a pussy?

Because he is afraid of Megyn Kelly?

Hardly. Fox News essentially released a press release mocking him and saying it was open season on Trump. Standing there for two hours while everyone including the moderators beat on you is completely pointless and unfair bullsh*t that no candidate should have to endure. It would be like MSNBC hosting a GOP debate. Absolutely terrible.

Trump is a man among boys for this.

Fox News Response:
We learned from a secret back channel that the Ayatollah and Putin both intend to treat Donald Trump unfairly when they meet with him if he becomes president — a nefarious source tells us that Trump has his own secret plan to replace the Cabinet with his Twitter followers to see if he should even go to those meetings.

That was from before Trump pulled out. Incredibly unprofessional move on Fox's part.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2016, 09:07:41 PM »

Ted is going to absolouuteeely shred the big baby and he won't even be there to reply with a weak poll insult.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2016, 09:08:44 PM »

Exactly . Whenever somebody attacks Trump, Trump neutralizes it. Except now he's not there to neutralize it.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2016, 09:09:10 PM »

Ted is going to absolouuteeely shred the big baby and he won't even be there to reply with a weak poll insult.

I would be surprised if Ted will be able to get to it before the rest of the field stabs Ted to death, as they all seem to be aiming to do.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2016, 09:10:18 PM »

Imagine the headlines: "While GOP attacks him, Trump raises millions for veterans". Pure gold.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2016, 09:11:05 PM »

Will they have an empty podium or will Cruz be center stage this time?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2016, 09:11:40 PM »

Statement from Trump campaign:
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2016, 09:16:01 PM »

I would be surprised if Ted will be able to get to it before the rest of the field stabs Ted to death, as they all seem to be aiming to do.

It's hilarious how people around here don't undertand the simple fact that the man who will be the punching bag at that debate will be Cruz. If this move by Trump is really that damaging that people are calling him "childish" and "weak" all over the place and he'll lose percentage points regardless, then what incentive would people like Rubio have for pilling up on him. The obvious move here would be to attack Cruz and hope both Trump and Cruz go down.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2016, 09:20:00 PM »

reading that statement I am swayed from the "this is neutral" to "this will help him". The imagery is potent - Trump is out there helping veterans while the rest of the Republicans will spend their time TALKING.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2016, 09:23:28 PM »

reading that statement I am swayed from the "this is neutral" to "this will help him". The imagery is potent - Trump is out there helping veterans while the rest of the Republicans will spend their time TALKING.

Yup, it's the very embodiment of the "all talk, no action" politicians versus TRUMP, the doer.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2016, 09:24:28 PM »

Agree. heh, it will be hilarious to see one of the irrelevant dolts attacking Trump for being absent from a worthless debate and instead making a huge event to raise funds for veterans.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2016, 09:24:50 PM »

Ben Carson should take this opportunity to announce that he won't be participating either. It'd be his most attention-worthy moment in weeks, and he'd get to keep to what I assume is his usual bedtime.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2016, 09:27:02 PM »

Ben Carson should take this opportunity to announce that he won't be participating either. It'd be his most attention-worthy moment in weeks, and he'd get to keep to what I assume is his usual bedtime.

Carson putting up a camera to film himself sleeping while CSPAN airs that footage live would still be more entertaining than a Trumpless GOP debate.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2016, 09:28:44 PM »

Trump currently speaking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl_34BeiMvg
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2016, 09:38:38 PM »

Taking a cursory scan of the comments on his Facebook post, people don't seem to totally be on board.

I think that if he stresses that he'll be helping the Veterans, he will probably get a pass from all his people. 
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2016, 09:39:43 PM »

Donald Trump is a chicken.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2016, 09:42:25 PM »

I think they should bring in Triumph the Insult Comic Dog to stand in for Trump.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2016, 09:43:45 PM »

Imagine the headlines: "While GOP attacks him, Trump raises millions for veterans". Pure gold.

Yup. This is basically why Trump has already won.

He can tell the people of Iowa, if you like the politics in Washington and the mainstream media, go watch the debate....if you want something different, come with me, we'll raise money for the troops and kick some ass.

No contest, KO for Trump.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies