Trump: "Most likely I won't be doing the debate." UPDATE: He's out (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:13:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump: "Most likely I won't be doing the debate." UPDATE: He's out (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump: "Most likely I won't be doing the debate." UPDATE: He's out  (Read 8090 times)
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« on: January 26, 2016, 07:11:11 PM »

Great decision, only helps in making him look like the GOP nominee already. The message this sends is why would TRUMP have to share a debate table with a bunch of nincompoops who are just fighting for second place? He looks inevitable.

Plus now he's not only going to be in the center of a media frenzy for the next few days (obscuring everyone else), he will also manage to turn off millions of debate views for that awful piece of crap channel.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 08:19:10 PM »

Wow, this forum really is out of touch with reality.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 08:51:02 PM »

I like how people are assuming that a Trumpless debate will have all the other candidates ganging up on his "empty podium" or whatever and succesfully destroy him.

That is a nice wet dream for the haters, but it is just that...a fantasy. Especially considering that such a scenario would catapult Cruz to the nomination and we already know that basically no one wants that.

Not only the debate will probably be the most unimportant of the whole election cycle in terms of viewership but Cruz will still probably be the main receiver of the attacks.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 09:16:01 PM »

Ted is going to absolouuteeely shred the big baby and he won't even be there to reply with a weak poll insult.

I would be surprised if Ted will be able to get to it before the rest of the field stabs Ted to death, as they all seem to be aiming to do.

It's hilarious how people around here don't undertand the simple fact that the man who will be the punching bag at that debate will be Cruz. If this move by Trump is really that damaging that people are calling him "childish" and "weak" all over the place and he'll lose percentage points regardless, then what incentive would people like Rubio have for pilling up on him. The obvious move here would be to attack Cruz and hope both Trump and Cruz go down.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 09:24:28 PM »

Agree. heh, it will be hilarious to see one of the irrelevant dolts attacking Trump for being absent from a worthless debate and instead making a huge event to raise funds for veterans.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 09:27:02 PM »

Ben Carson should take this opportunity to announce that he won't be participating either. It'd be his most attention-worthy moment in weeks, and he'd get to keep to what I assume is his usual bedtime.

Carson putting up a camera to film himself sleeping while CSPAN airs that footage live would still be more entertaining than a Trumpless GOP debate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies