Why do some cons prefer Rubio and Cruz to Trump when they literally act the same
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:51:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Why do some cons prefer Rubio and Cruz to Trump when they literally act the same
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why do some cons prefer Rubio and Cruz to Trump when they literally act the same  (Read 436 times)
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 27, 2016, 01:54:41 PM »

Like seriously? All 3 are willing to change their positions on issues for more votes. All 3 have the same insane rhetoric on foreign policy. For the most part, all 3 are still anti-immigration to an extent. What gives?
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 02:03:27 PM »

Well for me it's that Rubio and Cruz are running as conservatives whereas Trump is more populist. Also Rubio and Cruz have a grasp of the issues that Trump seems to lack.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 02:25:45 PM »

Rubio and Cruz are two of the most conservative members of Congress. Trump is a leftist who may or may not support universal healthcare. That position alone has no place in a Republican primary.

I trust Rubio and Cruz to not only shrink the size and scope of government but to keep the Republican Party a party focused on shrinking the size and scope of government and lowering taxes. With Trump in charge, could the GOP really call itself the party of small government?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 02:54:24 PM »

Also, Cruz and Rubio have a lower risk as general election candidates. Sure, Trump could win, but if Rubio were the nominee, I actually believe he would win. To be honest though, this year is so volatile that I don't know what to expect.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 03:11:21 PM »

How much of the Hispanic vote would Cruz or Rubio win over Trump? You know the GOP needs to get at least 40% of the Hispanic vote to have a comfortable win and Trump isn't getting close to that. Cruz is my 2nd choice if Rand doesn't get nominated.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 03:15:48 PM »

How much of the Hispanic vote would Cruz or Rubio win over Trump? You know the GOP needs to get at least 40% of the Hispanic vote to have a comfortable win and Trump isn't getting close to that. Cruz is my 2nd choice if Rand doesn't get nominated.
The man with the same foreign policy as Kristol?
His foreign policy I'm not a fan of.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies