TRUMP SUPER-MEGA-AWESOME WOUNDED VETERAN FUNDRAISER 9PM EST *live commentary* (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:06:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  TRUMP SUPER-MEGA-AWESOME WOUNDED VETERAN FUNDRAISER 9PM EST *live commentary* (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TRUMP SUPER-MEGA-AWESOME WOUNDED VETERAN FUNDRAISER 9PM EST *live commentary*  (Read 4475 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: January 28, 2016, 06:10:32 PM »

Thousands of people lining up outside Drake University, primarily the veterans who are getting priority admittance, in addition to many of the super students at Drake University. I hope no one is horrible enough to protest the momentous event for a really, really good cause because we need more good things like this from our leaders.

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 06:24:17 PM »

Oh yes, Trump's temper tantrum. No one in their right mind would watch this.

Uh, no one in their right mind would vote for Kasich.

Looking forward to your reaction when he gets a strong second in NH and becomes the anti-Trump.

It will be gleeful as that's what Trump supporters are hoping for since out of all the establishment stooges, he is the only one who stands zero chance of winning any important Super Tuesday state (let alone even coming close in the South). He is a very, very stupid man for wasting his time with this while improving Trump's chances.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 06:39:49 PM »

Ugh, why do I bother...Missouri and Maine are Trump territory. And Michigan is extremely strong too. If Kasich hasn't won a race by Super Tuesday, I don't see how he and 6 delegates feel confident enough to carry on through all that just to split half the races by winning in territories nobody in the media is going to follow anyway.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 06:42:33 PM »

Only 700 people inside (because firecode) and THOUSANDS more outside even though they know they can't get in! What fanfare!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 08:26:44 PM »

It appears all but Fox News will be there seeing as they can't stop talking about it! Very bad for debate ratings!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 08:37:56 PM »

Will the biased mods sticky this?! Or is Tender Branson too busy drafting his latest sexist screed against Secretary Clinton?
He is probably sleeping, like a normal European.

And Bernie Sanders wants to make us more like that lazy lot? God save us.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 08:50:41 PM »

Anderson Cooper praises Trump for not commenting on gotcha question on abortion from CNN.

He has always had a great relationship with the gays.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 09:02:35 PM »

Did Cooper say Trump's already raised $5 million today?

I am pretty sure he mistook a Lief comment as serious. Unless Lief was serious??

I saw 250k, but maybe Trump got a YUGE donor
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 09:13:24 PM »

I wonder if Drake has more O'Malley than Trump supporters. He did pretty well in a straw poll there.

Mmm, it's a private school known for business and law programs, and judging by the general Missouri Valley private school culture, I would really strongly doubt that
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 09:54:06 PM »

This event has far exceeded expectations. Trump knows how to put on a perfect show.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 10:06:35 PM »

DIAMOND AND SILK ARE HERE, OH MY GOSH
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 10:40:09 PM »

Really pathetic effort to stay engaged in modern political events, but of course, this forum would be the one place not in tune with the rest of America as it has been for months if not years.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 11:14:41 PM »

The handful of clips that I've seen confirm my expectation that this would go much like Trump's over-hyped SNL appearance: Bizarre, pandering, and yet hopelessly dull and not especially entertaining.

Who knows whether that will matter, obviously, but it made me feel embarrassed for everyone involved.

I'll honestly say SNL was completely horrendous. The future White House was 'cute' while the TRUMP tweets were predictable yet still better than the rest. This was several notches above, but I'm not sure you'd qualify it as great. Sam's assessment on the other forum was pretty accurate that Trump wrecked this. Huckabee and Santorum were both excellent. John Wayne's speech was emotional even if it was a bit long - I'm sure the people in the audience appreciated it; they came to see something like that - but it had a very strong end message.

On the downside, you did get the usual Trump rally effects, which I suppose you wouldn't like, but half-talking about the polls, the protests, Diamond and Silk, his family...honestly not bad stuff from a campaign perspective though not directly relevant to the vets. $6 mil is a great showing.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2016, 03:41:19 PM »

Agreed. The AAD version was far superior thanks to dank embedding and involved people actually participating.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies