Opinion of ironic TRUMP supporters?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:56:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of ironic TRUMP supporters?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: ?
Freedoms fighters

Horrible people

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 78

Author Topic: Opinion of ironic TRUMP supporters?  (Read 3012 times)
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2016, 11:59:42 AM »

The usual suspects on Atlas/AAD are actually kind of funny, but I can't wait until the primaries are over so they go back to supporting Hillary. That will be hilarious and also a relief.

Also, what Hagrid and Averroes said.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2016, 12:22:10 PM »

TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2016, 12:53:29 PM »

Rateffing is clearly a goal of most ironic trump supporters here. It's incredible how, up until 6 months ago uneducated working class whites were called stupid backward bigots and now suddenly, once they become useful to help the Democrats, we suddenly recognize their valuable contribution to American society. Likewise the same goes for the punditry, who until recently were peddling the idea that clearly the Republican Party needs to become more fiscally conservative and socially liberal to chase after those mystical remaining Rockefeller Republicans. Now, suddenly, the Republican establishment should have known its supporters cared more about Americana values than small government. Now everyone is running to the presses to proclaim the establishment dead and idea of small government dead. The shameful thing is that trumpism reflects real disagreement within the Republican coalition that unfortunately won't be done justice because the movement is being led by a transparent charlatan whose campaign is a reality tv show and built to hold the Republican Party hostage rather than reform it. **Gasp** there are forum Democrats who couldn't be more gleeful about that.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2016, 01:21:52 PM »

I've said this before (and dead0man always ignores it), but here's something many miss: It is possible to think Trump is a Horrible Person and yet still enjoy the nightmare he's causing for the Republicans. The Republican establishment are not a group of people I would ever be able to muster any sympathy for, even if I was more conservative. Similarly it's hard for me to think "Oh poor Jeb/Christie/Rubio having their possible nomination stolen by this lunatic"

There are people here who seem to think that politics is like a sports game, and that you should respect the "other team" and not get gleeful about things like injuries or whatnot. That's simply not the case. Come February 8, there will be no real impact on the world based on whoever won the Super Bowl. Some people will be very happy, some people will be very dissapointed. They'll all go on with their lives. That's not true about November 9. Similarly ridiculous is the idea that the "mainstream" Republican candidates are good respectable people and even Democrats should show view them as respectable opponents, unlike Trump. Not only has that way of thinking not been the case the last couple elections, it never has been.

Trump poses a severe threat to a group of people with zero moral standing, and zero interest or concern about anyone other than themselves and a small elite. You can say the same is true for Trump himself who cares about nothing but inflating his ego and getting attention. That's probably true. But I'm not going to mourn something that only hurts a bunch of also Horrible People, likely increases the Democrats' chances of victory, and creates a far more entertaining election. The chickens are coming home to roost, and I don't think any Democrats have an "obligation" to somehow try to prevent this, or at least not cheer it on.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2016, 01:46:35 PM »

I have admitted that I had my heart set on Christie for a few years until I truly believed Trump would run. Both are acceptable to me, but Trump is the better strategic vote against Marco and especially Cruz even I were considering Christie. There is little choice. He also stands a better chance in the general.
Fair enough, I'm going to believe you.

Authentic!?

And the fact that my first vote will proudly be for Donald J. Trump is more an indictment of this country than myself.
I had forgotten about you supporting Trump, but that's because you are not trolling about it.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2016, 01:53:33 PM »

BRTD, none of that long post of yours celebrating schadenfreude for the sufferings of the Pub establishment has anything to do with the issue of the performance art act of Lief and Co. ironic Trump supporters on this Forum now does it? And then there is always that risk, however small, that Trump actually does get elected President. If the company you work for does much in the way of exports to Asia, you might be out of a job - for starters.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2016, 02:16:44 PM »

I've said this before (and dead0man always ignores it), but here's something many miss: It is possible to think Trump is a Horrible Person and yet still enjoy the nightmare he's causing for the Republicans.
Except NONE of the Trumpettes are saying that.  At least not the ones we're suffering through.  We have given them many opportunities to take this (still low class) route, and they've always denied it.

That said, I actually agree with you.  Most of these clowns are only doing it to cause havoc in the political party they don't like.  But since they won't admit it, we take them at their word.  Their word is that a racist, bigot, sexist, moron, asshole is the best choice for President.  We're making fun of that.  Why wouldn't we?  It's fun and easy, who doesn't love fun and easy.

If they don't want to be made fun of for being racist idiots, they can admit the real reason and just be assholes instead of racist assholes.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2016, 02:43:14 PM »

BRTD, none of that long post of yours celebrating schadenfreude for the sufferings of the Pub establishment has anything to do with the issue of the performance art act of Lief and Co. ironic Trump supporters on this Forum now does it? And then there is always that risk, however small, that Trump actually does get elected President. If the company you work for does much in the way of exports to Asia, you might be out of a job - for starters.

It doesn't, but I do plan on getting another job by the end of the year anyway.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2016, 03:42:00 PM »

Definite FFs and fellow travellers on the path to a greater America.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2016, 05:24:19 PM »

I'm with Cathcon 100% on this.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2016, 05:46:40 PM »

Not as bad as the other ironic Republicans, who constantly say ridiculous (and evidently false) statements like "Bush is an electable moderate", "the Republican base would never support universal healthcare", "The future of the GOP is libertarian", "Rubio is presidential and definitely hetero" etc. merely to get a rise out of people. I mean, jeez, drop the act already.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2016, 07:33:33 PM »

I mean he's probably the best republican apart from Kasich. Supporting the working class and the poor of one race to the exclusion of others is better than supporting the working class of no race and being an elitist.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2016, 07:35:43 PM »

I mean he's probably the best republican apart from Kasich. Supporting the working class and the poor of one race to the exclusion of others is better than supporting the working class of no race and being an elitist.

How in all holy f**king hell does Donald Trump "support" the working class in any meaningful way?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2016, 07:37:38 PM »

The phrase "check your privilege" comes to mind, and I say this with complete seriousness. I doubt that many of them would find Trump so hilarious if they were poor or non-white.
I echo this sentiment.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2016, 07:48:57 PM »

How in all holy f**king hell does Donald Trump "support" the working class in any meaningful way?

Universal Healthcare, Anti- Free trade, Anti-Corruption, he's not good in anyway just better than every other republican apart from Kasich.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2016, 08:03:41 PM »

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

(I mean, the idea that he also seriously supports universal healthcare or any other policy to uplift the working class is ludicrous too, but to take Trump's word on corruption... wow)
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2016, 08:04:57 PM »

TRUMP has consistently supported UHC
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2016, 08:06:49 PM »

Trump's economic views have been scarily consistent since the 1980s and that includes both trade and healthcare.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2016, 08:13:57 PM »

Trump has championed patriotic immigration reform, economic nationalism, common sense healthcare reform, and an even-handed foreign policy literally for decades. No other candidate has a more consistent pro-worker record.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2016, 10:42:56 PM »

Truly the cancer of this forum.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2016, 10:48:13 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2016, 10:53:16 PM by Oakvale »

I'm sure they're knobs but there aren't that many of them. Most of us support TRUMP for very well thought-out, sensible reasons.

As Maxwell has pointed out, the TRUMP train also have by far the most accurate analysis of any group on the forum.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

(I mean, the idea that he also seriously supports universal healthcare or any other policy to uplift the working class is ludicrous too, but to take Trump's word on corruption... wow)

The TRUMP campaign has overwhelming support from working class voters, because he speaks about issues they care about and genuinely fights for their interests. As to the other point, you can be sanctimonious and insulting about Mr. Trump or you can provide an actual reason why you think he's "corrupt".

No one owns TRUMP.

Reading this thread is surreal - what's weird about people supporting the moderate Republican candidate on a forum lacking evangelical Christians and other GOP voter groups?

EDIT:

Not as bad as the other ironic Republicans, who constantly say ridiculous (and evidently false) statements like "Bush is an electable moderate", "the Republican base would never support universal healthcare", "The future of the GOP is libertarian", "Rubio is presidential and definitely hetero" etc. merely to get a rise out of people. I mean, jeez, drop the act already.

^ This, yes.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2016, 11:38:55 PM »

"Nixon was the last liberal President", but Trump is far-right.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2016, 11:45:22 PM »

"Nixon was the last liberal President", but Trump is far-right.

I blame the abundance of pol sci students. To quote bedstuy,

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2016, 12:21:14 AM »

Rude...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution