My crystal ball reveals itself
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:40:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  My crystal ball reveals itself
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: My crystal ball reveals itself  (Read 2588 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 29, 2016, 12:27:27 PM »

Maybe it's cannabis induced, but I had this vision in my brain. It's going to be Sanders versus Rubio, and after all the votes are counted, here is going to be the map. One might bookmark this thread, for later LOL purposes. Thank you.

Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 12:29:00 PM »

Did you really mean to have Connecticut go for TRUMP?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 12:30:19 PM »

The name in "all caps" does not appear in my post. Who's he, or are you referring to a card game?
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 12:30:59 PM »

TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 12:36:16 PM »

That's pretty generous, Torie.

I suspect that the final result would look something like this.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 12:39:18 PM »

Maybe it's cannabis induced, but I had this vision in my brain. It's going to be Sanders versus Rubio, and after all the votes are counted, here is going to be the map. One might bookmark this thread, for later LOL purposes. Thank you.

Yeah, hopefully it's just the cannabis...
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 12:40:59 PM »

This map may be highly unlikely, but then again, so is a Sanders-Rubio race.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 12:41:17 PM »

I have a theory. Can you figure out the theme(s)?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 12:41:31 PM »

You're basing this on Hillary being RIP within a few months right?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 12:45:12 PM »

You're basing this on Hillary being RIP within a few months right?

No (even if she is sick, it will remain hidden), a mix of legal troubles (possible indictment but not essential to this scenario), and her being a crummy candidate, and viewed as  disingenuous, and a tool of Wall Street, and Bernie slowly gaining enough traction to get enough of Hillary's black and Hispanic vote, and the polls beginning to show that Bernie would be stronger candidate adjacent the Pubs than Hillary. I think the odds betters have Hillary way, way too high as the presumptive nominee - way too high.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 01:22:21 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2016, 02:14:52 PM by OC »

It will be a 272-266 victory for Julian Castro Hilary team over Trump. Pa wont go GOP.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 01:23:53 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2016, 01:26:03 PM by Virginia »

It will be a 272-266 victory for Nulian Castro Hilary team over Trump. Pa wont go GOP.

Can't stop peoples from dreaming though Smiley. After Republicans lose PA in 2016, they will then begin to say, "2020 is the year PA goes red! I FEEL IT"
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 01:42:10 PM »

It will be a 272-266 victory for Nulian Castro Hilary team over Trump. Pa wont go GOP.

Can't stop peoples from dreaming though Smiley. After Republicans lose PA in 2016, they will then begin to say, "2020 is the year PA goes red! I FEEL IT"

PA could conceivably go GOP, but what's really weird about this is that they win it and Connecticut while losing Ohio.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2016, 01:43:41 PM »

PA could conceivably go GOP, but what's really weird about this is that they win it and Connecticut while losing Ohio.

Think of it this way. Sanders and Trump have some similarities. If you had to guess, on what metric is CT first in the nation, or very close to it?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 01:51:58 PM »

would that be the left or the right one?  Maybe you can cross your legs discreetly and no one will notice.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2016, 02:52:03 PM »

Think of it this way. Sanders and Trump have some similarities. If you had to guess, on what metric is CT first in the nation, or very close to it?
Per-capita income/wealth.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2016, 03:18:33 PM »

Per-capita income/wealth.

Very good. I think it has the highest median income in the US.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2016, 03:40:45 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2016, 03:42:46 PM by Torie »

You're right about CT and PA being much more likely to flip than NH, but OH isn't voting to the left of PA in 2016. Not happening, end of story. This is something that was already discussed in 2012, too. Also, IA is more likely to vote GOP than VA and NV imo.

It's the Bernie thing, the genially angry redistributionist Birkenstock Belt candidate. The dynamics are different. Bernie will get some of those folks really unhappy about their economic situation that did not vote for Obama, while losing a ton of Democrats who make some money. And Ohio is in the protectionist belt. That's the theory.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2016, 05:46:39 PM »

Sanders vs. Rubio? Clearly you are still an establishment Republican at heart, Torie.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2016, 05:59:16 PM »

Connecticut? LOL!
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2016, 06:12:54 PM »

That was my first thought as well.  Every time I've driven through Hartford I felt as though I was in Sierra Leone.  Then I remembered that I've visited other parts of connecticut, and much of that made me feel like I was visiting the Earl of Grantham.  In fact, the stateliest mansion I have ever visited as a personal friend was in Connecticut.  If any part of New England goes Republican (for the right reasons), it won't be the redneck Mainers, but rather the wasps of Darien and estates thereabouts.  Don't forget:  the last republican president we had was born in connecticut. 
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2016, 06:20:19 PM »

That was my first thought as well.  Every time I've driven through Hartford I felt as though I was in Sierra Leone.  Then I remembered that I've visited other parts of connecticut, and much of that made me feel like I was visiting the Earl of Grantham.  In fact, the stateliest mansion I have ever visited as a personal friend was in Connecticut.  If any part of New England goes Republican (for the right reasons), it won't be the redneck Mainers, but rather the wasps of Darien and estates thereabouts.  Don't forget:  the last republican president we had was born in connecticut. 

I'm not sure if the state of Connecticut really wants to remember that.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2016, 07:10:38 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2016, 07:13:37 PM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

Class, of course, but Connecticut is also filled with poor and working class people. There's a reason why Dan Malloy was re-elected...

I doubt that Bernie Sanders would win over any Romney or McCain voters but he'll almost certainly shed some wealthier white voters and some Latinos/Asians against Rubio, which would be enough to tip the scales in a lot of swing states but not in Connecticut.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2016, 08:57:17 PM »

I'm not sure if the state of Connecticut really wants to remember that.

I'm not sure about the state of Connecticut either, but it was painfully clear that the candidate didn't want to remember that.  Even when he gave campaign speeches there in the summer of 2000, it never occurred to him to remind anyone that not only was he born there, but he also went to university there, and his grandfather was a prominent senator from there.  He went way out of his way to become a westerner, even wearing cowboy boots to his inaugural ball, but never once did he mention his yankee origins or the silver spoons of his youth.  Contrast that with the 60s, when the Kennedies acted like Johnson was from Third World country, and Johnson went out of his way never to mention the fact that he hailed from west of the Hudson River.  In 1964, a native Texan runs for president and never mentions Texas.  In 2000, a native Yankee runs for president and never mentions Connecticut.  Funny how the seat of power and influence has moved west in my lifetime, along with much of the population.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2016, 09:21:07 PM »

Class, of course, but Connecticut is also filled with poor and working class people. There's a reason why Dan Malloy was re-elected...

I doubt that Bernie Sanders would win over any Romney or McCain voters but he'll almost certainly shed some wealthier white voters and some Latinos/Asians against Rubio, which would be enough to tip the scales in a lot of swing states but not in Connecticut.

I beg to differ. Connecticut State could be the SWING STATE in 2016 election. Just ask StatesPolls.com.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies