Breaking: AP on Clinton emails
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:41:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Breaking: AP on Clinton emails
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Breaking: AP on Clinton emails  (Read 4109 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2016, 04:10:11 PM »

Did anyone consider the possibility that nothing will come of this? Every damn week we hear that an indictment is coming, yet nothing happens. Basically, the same thing gets repeated every week about the emails and there is nothing new. What exactly is new here?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2016, 04:13:27 PM »

Did anyone consider the possibility that nothing will come of this? Every damn week we hear that an indictment is coming, yet nothing happens. Basically, the same thing gets repeated every week about the emails and there is nothing new. What exactly is new here?

According to Politico, "It was the first time State has formally deemed any of Clinton's emails classified at that level, reserved for information that can cause "exceptionally grave" damage to to national security if disclosures."
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2016, 04:14:46 PM »

There is nothing new worth writing. The press just wants drama and faux scandals to write about to get viewers (and the GOP wants that as well for Hillary). If they could call the shots, they would probably structure the press releases so that one new classified email is found every 4 days for the rest of the year.
Zache

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2016, 04:15:12 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-clinton-emails-withhold-idUSKCN0V72JB

You must be logged in to read this quote.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2016, 04:16:17 PM »

According to Politico, "It was the first time State has formally deemed any of Clinton's emails classified at that level, reserved for information that can cause "exceptionally grave" damage to to national security if disclosures."

That still doesn't sound like anything new, certainly not anything that can be used in an indictment. At this point all that is being thrown around is speculation.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2016, 04:16:36 PM »

The ongoing investigation seemingly coming to a head, the number of FBI agents involved that came out (something like 130), the buzz from the White House and FBI agents speaking off the record, and the hyper secret nature of some of the emails that has now come to light, are all rather "new." Sure, it may end up being "nothing" from an indictment, or recommended indictment, standpoint, but it is a Sword of Damocles hanging over Hillary. Whether or not it drops or not, remains to be seen, but the Pubs seem to think the FBI director is free of politics, and will call it as he sees it, damn the politics, so one way or the other, it should end up, with Justice being done, and that is a good thing.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2016, 04:19:03 PM »

The ongoing investigation seemingly coming to a head

I'm curious - Could Obama theoretically retroactively declassify documents as to absolve her (or reclassify in a way that also helps)?
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2016, 04:19:54 PM »

Even if its just an aide who gets indicted its still very bad. The ads write themselves "Top Hillary Clinton indicted by FBI".
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2016, 04:21:24 PM »

The ongoing investigation seemingly coming to a head, the number of FBI agents involved that came out (something like 130), the buzz from the White House and FBI agents speaking off the record, and the hyper secret nature of some of the emails that has now come to light, are all rather "new." Sure, it may end up being "nothing" from an indictment, or recommended indictment, standpoint, but it is a Sword of Damocles hanging over Hillary. Whether or not it drops or not, remains to be seen, but the Pubs seem to think the FBI director is free of politics, and will call it as he sees it, damn the politics, so one way or the other, it should end up, with Justice being done, and that is a good thing.

Or if push comes to shove you can go back to hoping she drops dead like that tabloid said, right?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2016, 04:21:36 PM »

Regardless of whether Clinton is guilty of wrongdoing (which I personally believe is not true as nothing has come out yet suggesting anything was classified at the time she had the emails), we need to consider how this will be received by people voting very soon and what effects that may have. The formality of this release seems more official than previous cases.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2016, 04:21:51 PM »

The ongoing investigation seemingly coming to a head

I'm curious - Could Obama theoretically retroactively declassify documents as to absolve her (or reclassify in a way that also helps)?

He won't do that, even if tempted. Some really cannot be released. And his doing that, to avoid her otherwise being indicted, would destroy his reputation, and not save Hillary from political oblivion, even if it saves her from indictment. Heck, he could pardon her for that matter. That won't save Hillary politically either.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2016, 04:22:08 PM »

Even if its just an aide who gets indicted its still very bad. The ads write themselves "Top Hillary Clinton indicted by FBI".

There isn't even any evidence that an aide will be indicted.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2016, 04:23:34 PM »

The State Department seems to be trying to delay things until after the early states.

It doesn't mean they were top secret when she sent them...

That's not how classified information works. She was trained to know when content she created was classified.

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2016, 04:25:24 PM »

Or if push comes to shove you can go back to hoping she drops dead like that tabloid said, right?

Now you're trolling. I never posted any such thing. I never posted that I thought she was sick. I put up a tabloid article. But then you already knew that. You are just trying to get a rise out of me - and succeeded. Congratulations.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2016, 04:26:59 PM »

There isn't even any evidence that an aide will be indicted.

If, as has been rumored, Hillary's staff removed classification markings from documents stored on secured servers to send them to Hillary Clinton on her nowhere near secure private server, some Clinton aide will be indicted - or at least the FBI will recommend prosecution.  The overly politicized Obama DoJ might decide not to indict, but the FBI recommendation will be leaked to the press.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2016, 04:27:45 PM »

Sad if unsurprising that our resident Bernie Bro is latching on to this nonsense Republican scanadal.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2016, 04:28:07 PM »

Now you're trolling. I never posted any such thing. I never posted that I thought she was sick. I put up a tabloid article. But then you already knew that. You are just trying to get a rise out of me - and succeeded. Congratulations.

Generally, we don't see posters on here posting tabloid articles, because this isn't a tabloid board. I was being somewhat sarcastic, but you took it really hard it seems.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2016, 04:29:18 PM »

It comes down to whether the FBI recommends an indictment Virginia. That is what all the buzz is about. It comes down to the technical legalities.

True, and it seems that most people who have worked with classified information have made it clear they'd be in seriously deep sh**t for a small fraction of what Hillary did. Even if you don't deal with classified information, a personal e-mail server for company business is a big no no.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2016, 04:29:49 PM »

If this investigation is still going on in October 2016 then she will lose. I just don't feel voters are going to give her the benefit of the doubt on this when they already don't like or trust her. The ads pretty much write themselves, I don't see how she wins with an FBI investigation hanging over her head.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2016, 04:30:03 PM »

The State Department seems to be trying to delay things until after the early states.

That's not how classified information works. She was trained to know when content she created was classified.

This conspiracy crap is getting out of hand. Are you really going to accuse the State Department of a cover up?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2016, 04:31:09 PM »

This conspiracy crap is getting out of hand. Are you really going to accuse the State Department of a cover up?

The state department was supposed to release all the emails today, but they're asking for a month extension. That's the facts.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2016, 04:36:48 PM »

Generally, we don't see posters on here posting tabloid articles, because this isn't a tabloid board. I was being somewhat sarcastic, but you took it really hard it seems.

It was insulting I think. I actually take the National Enquirer rather seriously myself. They have a large legal staff. They are not like the other tabloids. But that does not mean that Hillary is sick. In fact, the article itself didn't flat out claim that. Just because I post something that some source puts up, does not mean that I necessarily either believe it, or agree with it.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2016, 04:43:44 PM »

The state department was supposed to release all the emails today, but they're asking for a month extension. That's the facts.

It's still a stretch to suggest the State Department is involved in a cover up.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2016, 04:45:51 PM »

Horrible. She might as well have sent those e-mails to info@communist-party.com.cn
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2016, 04:49:47 PM »

It's still a stretch to suggest the State Department is involved in a cover up.

I didn't say a cover up, just a delay until after the early states.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies