Breaking: AP on Clinton emails
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:22:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Breaking: AP on Clinton emails
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Breaking: AP on Clinton emails  (Read 4093 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2016, 04:54:22 PM »

Stories about Clinton tanking due to e-mailgate are starting to remind me of all these predictions of TRUMP's  imminent demise due to [whatever inappropriate or impolitic he said during the last six months].
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2016, 04:57:27 PM »

Stories about Clinton tanking due to e-mailgate are starting to remind me of all these predictions of TRUMP's  imminent demise due to [whatever inappropriate or impolitic he said during the last six months].

Well, Democrats aren't a gaggle of racist idiots.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2016, 05:00:42 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2016, 10:35:37 AM by Likely Voter »

Just because TOP SECRET wasn't stamped on an email before it was sent doesn't mean she doesn't have an awful track record of being in the mud with mishandling information or lacking proper action. If these select emails were placed in the US government's top category of classification, I'm pretty sure she wasn't emailing her coworker what she was eating for lunch. You  can't call every breaking story on Hillary Clinton a "right wing conspiracy", it doesn't quite work like that. It's the Associated Press, not OAN.

This isn't the first time around the track for Hillary.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2016, 05:04:04 PM »

Lol, more breathless misleading reporting from the virulently anti-Clinton media: https://twitter.com/danmericacnn/status/693164896070946816

How are you going to vote Lief in November when the race is Sanders v Rubio, assuming Bloomberg does not run?  Your dreams are not coming true this year, despite your nice run to date. Now, it's all going to start falling apart! I feel your pain already.

Lol Torie I'll wait for you to correctly prognosticate a single thing this entire election cycle before I start worrying about your latest nonsense, thanks.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2016, 05:05:55 PM »

Lol, more breathless misleading reporting from the virulently anti-Clinton media: https://twitter.com/danmericacnn/status/693164896070946816

How are you going to vote Lief in November when the race is Sanders v Rubio, assuming Bloomberg does not run?  Your dreams are not coming true this year, despite your nice run to date. Now, it's all going to start falling apart! I feel your pain already.

Lol Torie I'll wait for you to correctly prognosticate a single thing this entire election cycle before I start worrying about your latest nonsense, thanks.

Fair enough. Smiley I have sucked. Put up your Iowa predictions on that thread. Maybe I will get it right this time, and you will suck wind, assuming you still have Trump up there still on a pedestal.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2016, 05:12:24 PM »

So Sanders could thump him?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2016, 05:13:57 PM »

Unless she gets indicted, this controversy is already accounted for in her current support IMO.

A lot of people were arguing the emails were a non issue, so it could hurt her some.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2016, 05:15:20 PM »

And again, YAWN. Call me when there's an indictment.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2016, 05:19:35 PM »

Lot of sexism in this thread. Let's hope our incompetent mods do something about it.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2016, 05:30:19 PM »

Lot of sexism in this thread. Let's hope our incompetent mods do something about it.

Pathetic. I am tempted to suggest that you report what you think is inappropriate, but then given that this Board generates so many frivolous reports, I don't want to do that to the Moderators of this Board.  Yes, I don't like the "b" word, but I was reminded that it is not a naughty word for purposes of this site.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2016, 05:34:23 PM »

The Berniebros and Conservahos are pathetic. Since we can call names, why not call a spade a spade?
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2016, 05:35:25 PM »

"Sexism"

hahahahahahaha
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2016, 05:43:07 PM »

The Berniebros and Conservahos are pathetic. Since we can call names, why not call a spade a spade?

I know it's hard to hear that your candidate of choice may have done something wrong, but you can't just project that onto other people to make the issue go away.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2016, 05:49:05 PM »

Unless she gets indicted, this controversy is already accounted for in her current support IMO.

A lot of people were arguing the emails were a non issue, so it could hurt her some.

Because there's no evidence that it is. The emails weren't top secret at the time (because you know the world changes in three years and documents are re-classified all the time) and the campaign is actively calling on State to release them. The President would have been briefed, and I doubt he would have done everything short of endorsing her in the last week if there was the slightest chance of anything untoward being the likely result of this.

Plus to go into your delay theory, why would State deliberately turn itself into a political punching bag for one former SoS? Like many conspiracy theories, just because you can convince yourself of a motive that suits your ends, doesn't mean you still don't need evidence to support you.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2016, 05:52:55 PM »

I know it's hard to hear that your candidate of choice may have done something wrong, but you can't just project that onto other people to make the issue go away.

Oh, spare me the morality lecture. My post was in response to one poster calling Clinton a bitch and the notion that the State Department is involved in a cover up.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2016, 05:59:14 PM »

Oh look, more about emails. Yes, receiving some documents she was authorized to have in an insecure way obviously makes her unfit for the White House. Like, really?

So I guess the media is going to make some rambling article every week about a new set of emails, as if it is any different than last week's emails. The world gets it - She used a private email server and people sent her some emails marked classified on a few occasions. Big f'ing deal.

A potential case of Gross Negligence under the Espionage Act of 1917 is a rather big deal indeed...carries up to 10 years imprisonment.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2016, 06:14:47 PM »

A potential case of Gross Negligence under the Espionage Act of 1917 is a rather big deal indeed...carries up to 10 years imprisonment.

What provision allows such a prosecution? Because casually going over that act shows provisions regarding willfully attempting to harm the country. Hillary was not trying to harm the US and she was authorized to have the materials in question.

It just seems that because Hillary is both running for president and is such a polarizing figure, people are trying to blow this issue up into something more than it is. She should get a slap on the wrist and be obliged to never use a private email for government business again.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2016, 06:18:54 PM »

Thank you for reminding me why I ignored him.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2016, 06:19:51 PM »

What provision allows such a prosecution? Because casually going over that act shows provisions regarding willfully attempting to harm the country. Hillary was not trying to harm the US and she was authorized to have the materials in question.

It just seems that because Hillary is both running for president and is such a polarizing figure, people are trying to blow this issue up into something more than it is. She should get a slap on the wrist and be obliged to never use a private email for government business again.

Tons of people from both parties along with the media knew about Hillary's private email during her 4 years of SoS, and nobody gave a sh**t. It was only once she ran for president and they needed a faux scandal to drive their beloved horse race that the NYT drummed this up, with the rest of the media and the GOP opportunists jumping on the bandwagon.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2016, 06:41:11 PM »

You know, what I most appreciate about the situation is that as much as we go on about "Clinton's unsecured private email server", in reality, the "secure" State Department's server was breached during her time at the State Department whereas her private server was not. So far, nothing of even dubious legality has been revealed, and there have been so many false alarms from the usual suspects that it's almost impossible to know what is true and what isn't which I think is the point. Most people don't even have a cursory understanding of the classification system (which this thread shows), and that leaves them open to manipulation by the media and the right, both of whom always love a scandal with too many details to really understand. The people that trumpeted every FBI update and "Obama administration admission" will be the same fools to turn around and attack those same sources when Clinton is cleared of any wrong doing and no indictment ever materializes. But that was never the point, because people got what they wanted by just chanting Clinton's emails over and over until it became an almost meaningless and frankly slanderous attack.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2016, 06:43:55 PM »

It doesn't mean they were top secret when she sent them...

Continuing the narrative of "the messages weren't marked top secret, so Hillary did nothing wrong". Folks, Clinton was the Secretary of State, which means she acts as a classifying authority. Yes, this means she is able to determine when the content of a message rises to the level of top secret. Do you understand?

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2016, 06:45:37 PM »

Pathetic. I am tempted to suggest that you report what you think is inappropriate, but then given that this Board generates so many frivolous reports, I don't want to do that to the Moderators of this Board.  Yes, I don't like the "b" word, but I was reminded that it is not a naughty word for purposes of this site.

Yes, calling a woman a "bitch" because you don't like her politics is pretty obviously sexism. Sticking your head in the sand about this is what's pathetic.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2016, 06:47:47 PM »

Continuing the narrative of "the messages weren't marked top secret, so Hillary did nothing wrong". Folks, Clinton was the Secretary of State, which means she acts as a classifying authority. Yes, this means she is able to determine when the content of a message rises to the level of top secret. Do you understand?

So this means Clinton, as Secretary of State, is incapable of violating classification laws due to the fact that she is a classifying authority?
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2016, 06:50:07 PM »

Tons of people from both parties along with the media knew about Hillary's private email during her 4 years of SoS, and nobody gave a sh**t. It was only once she ran for president and they needed a faux scandal to drive their beloved horse race that the NYT drummed this up, with the rest of the media and the GOP opportunists jumping on the bandwagon.

Not exactly true. According to many reliable sources, lots of people within the State Department urged Mrs. Clinton to use government sanctioned communication devices. But Mrs. Clinton is above such petty concerns, so she was able to brush these crazy recommendations aside and go about doing this the proper, Clinton way.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2016, 06:51:02 PM »

So this means Clinton, as Secretary of State, is incapable of violating classification laws due to the fact that she is a classifying authority?

Are you seriously arguing with someone named SillyAmerican?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies