What Issues Do You Disagree With Your Party On? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:30:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What Issues Do You Disagree With Your Party On? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Issues Do You Disagree With Your Party On?  (Read 3074 times)
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« on: January 30, 2016, 12:11:01 AM »

-Abortion: I am centrist on this issue, and lean towards supporting a 20 week ban.
-Assisted Suicide/Euthanasia: I strongly oppose making this legal.
-Prostitution: I think it should remain illegal, but johns should be punished as opposed to the women who sell their bodies.
-Marijuana: I favor shifting from imprisonment to a fine based system, but oppose medical and/or legalization.
-References to God: I don't really care for removing references to God from public places.
-Reducing nuclear weapons stockpiles: I believe the US should maintain a large nuclear arsenal for deterrence purposes.
-NSA/Patriot Act: I don't oppose surveillance per se, but I do think there should be a few more safeguards against profiling and the like. Otherwise, I don't have anything to hide so I don't really care so long as it keeps us safe.
-'Free' Trade: I lean protectionist on trade issues, while most Democrats these days have embraced neoliberalism.
-High Speed Rail: I think this is a ridiculous waste of money.
-Car Emissions Regulation: I think we've gone too far on this...
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 01:09:04 PM »

-Abortion: I am centrist on this issue, and lean towards supporting a 20 week ban.
-Assisted Suicide/Euthanasia: I strongly oppose making this legal.
-Prostitution: I think it should remain illegal, but johns should be punished as opposed to the women who sell their bodies.
-Marijuana: I favor shifting from imprisonment to a fine based system, but oppose medical and/or legalization.
-References to God: I don't really care for removing references to God from public places.
-Reducing nuclear weapons stockpiles: I believe the US should maintain a large nuclear arsenal for deterrence purposes.
-NSA/Patriot Act: I don't oppose surveillance per se, but I do think there should be a few more safeguards against profiling and the like. Otherwise, I don't have anything to hide so I don't really care so long as it keeps us safe.
-'Free' Trade: I lean protectionist on trade issues, while most Democrats these days have embraced neoliberalism.
-High Speed Rail: I think this is a ridiculous waste of money.
-Car Emissions Regulation: I think we've gone too far on this...
More:
-Farm Regulation: Rules about streams and dust place an unsustainable burden on small farms.
-Morality in the Public Sphere: I believe morality can and should be legislated in some cases.
-Coal: While I definitely support transitioning away from dirty fossil fuels, we're leaving large parts of the US jobless and struggling
-Party Exclusivity: I do not support a litmus test to be a Democrat.
-Russia Policy: I feel Obama has been too conciliatory
-China: Trade relations with China should never have been normalized
-Drones: (disagree with the left on this) Drone strikes are efficient, effective, and solid FoPo

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies