What Issues Do You Disagree With Your Party On? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:59:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What Issues Do You Disagree With Your Party On? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Issues Do You Disagree With Your Party On?  (Read 3095 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: January 29, 2016, 08:23:53 PM »

I mean, I disagree with my party while still broadly agreeing with them (e.g., I am weary and skeptical of excessive gun control, but I think the GOP is too far right on the issue and pretty much talking heads for the NRA, which I don't like), but I'll keep it simple:

Gay marriage
Abortion (but I find it disturbing when people don't support a cutoff where it's no longer available)
Immigration (but I'm more conservative on it than I used to be)
Environmental regulation
Minimum wage (only to the extent that I support indexing it to inflation ... I'm nowhere near the $15 crowd)
General churchy stuff (my religion is kind of private for me, and I prefer candidates who don't overdo it, like Rubio last night)
Flat tax (I don't know if this is RNC-sanctioned, but I support working to lower taxes within the progressive income tax structure)

Other than that, I'm more or less your traditional pro-business conservative ... which is why calling me a RINO over some hot button issues is truly stupid (hence my tongue-in-cheek username).
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 09:06:40 AM »

When Democrats say they disagree with their party on trade, are they referring to the past two Democratic Presidents who've proposed free trade deals (which largely had GOP support) or the majority of Congressional Democrats and the current two primary candidates who oppose them?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 10:40:41 AM »

When Democrats say they disagree with their party on trade, are they referring to the past two Democratic Presidents who've proposed free trade deals (which largely had GOP support) or the majority of Congressional Democrats and the current two primary candidates who oppose them?

I clearly explained that I disagree with Sanders and agree with Obama

Was mostly directing it at the posts that didn't explain what they meant, which yours did.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies