Pro-Life People Only: How Should Abortion be Punished?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:15:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Pro-Life People Only: How Should Abortion be Punished?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Pro-Life People Only: How Should Abortion be Punished?  (Read 3289 times)
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2016, 05:21:26 AM »

A better idea: Anybody who suggests punishing people for an activity which there is literally nothing wrong with will be rounded up and placed into a camp to have their dumbass 1st century mentality's done away with.

Uh Huh... I find abortion morally wrong but I get some liberal wanna-be hipster from New York won't understand.

There's nothing morally wrong about abortion.

There's not much more to understand about why knuckledraggers like you do. More often than not, it's based on 1st century values which have absolutely no place in setting any sort of agenda, law, or statute in the modern, 21st century world.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2016, 05:46:19 AM »
« Edited: January 31, 2016, 06:00:29 AM by CrabCake the Liberal Magician »

People aborted foetuses in the 1st century. Pliny wrote about the effectiveness of abortifacients, for one and the medical treatise De Materia Medica (written around 50 AD) recommended a mixture of squirting cucumber, hellebore and scammony to induce abortion. The Stoics regarded embryos as vegetable in nature until birth. Even then abortion was never really criminalised harshly until the 19th century took off, so quit shaming the 1st century dude.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2016, 07:44:21 AM »

Oh FFS, are we still using because its 20XX as an argument? You people are better than its.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2016, 07:47:42 AM »

A better idea: Anybody who suggests punishing people for an activity which there is literally nothing wrong with will be rounded up and placed into a camp to have their dumbass 1st century mentality's done away with.

Uh Huh... I find abortion morally wrong but I get some liberal wanna-be hipster from New York won't understand.

There's not much more to understand about why knuckledraggers like you do. More often than not, it's based on 1st century values which have absolutely no place in setting any sort of agenda, law, or statute in the modern, 21st century world.

In case you don't know, abortion has been freaking restricted for it's barbaric natures in the 18th and 19th centuries, so don't use that do this this because it's f*king time X argument
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2016, 08:16:01 AM »

Forced sterilization. Because it's 1935.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2016, 08:31:43 AM »

In case you don't know, abortion has been freaking restricted for it's barbaric natures in the 18th and 19th centuries, so don't use that do this this because it's f*king time X argument

Unsurprisingly considering your obviously limited intellectual and reasoning skills, this has precisely zero to do with what I said.

I said nothing about when abortion was criminalized. I'm saying 99% of people will use some biblical/religious horsesh!t excuse as a reason for why abortion is "morally wrong."

People aborted foetuses in the 1st century. Pliny wrote about the effectiveness of abortifacients, for one and the medical treatise De Materia Medica (written around 50 AD) recommended a mixture of squirting cucumber, hellebore and scammony to induce abortion. The Stoics regarded embryos as vegetable in nature until birth. Even then abortion was never really criminalised harshly until the 19th century took off, so quit shaming the 1st century dude.

Maybe I should shame specifically shame the 1st century biblical values that people romanticize then?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2016, 03:06:35 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2016, 05:03:54 PM by Californian Tony Returns »

Dude, I moved to the US partly because of my fondness for progressive coastal values. You are an insult to them.

As for the bloodthirsty maniacs who fantasize about murdering women, I'm mainly curious how they would vote if they lived in Tennessee's 4th Congressional District.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2016, 06:11:16 PM »

I think that prolife people have been doing it wrong, we should be trying to convince mom's to keep their children.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2016, 07:32:15 PM »

Using "It's the present year!" as an argument is pretty silly because there is no inherent set in time date when things become acceptable. They do when they do and people in the future judge times accordingly. So for example someone in 2014 saying "Man it's ridiculous that it's 2014 and gays still can't get married everywhere in the US!" would in 50 years look just as silly as someone saying "I can't believe it's 1963 and we still have racial segregation in the South!" to us today. Now on the other hand if you say something like "Switzerland is so reactionary it didn't grant women the right to vote until 1971!" that's a bit difference, because by 1971 women's suffrage was a completely accepted thing throughout almost all of Europe and other western countries, but someone in Switzerland campaigning for it in 1970 shouldn't have said "Come on, it's 1970!" and instead pointed out Switzerland was the only developed country without women's suffrage.

It also ignores that some issues can go through parabolas of acceptance (of which abortion has been one.) For example today everyone thinks Prohibition is some insane backward policy that the people in the backward time of 1920 might've supported but no one would today. But if you went back to 85 years prior to Prohibition, everyone would've found it just as insane as we do today, and alcohol consumption rates were FAR higher.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2016, 01:37:45 AM »

Doctors: Loss of medical license, up to 20 years in prison and a $5 million fine at a minimum. Highest possible punishment the death penalty by gas chamber.

Women: 2 years in prison minimum, $1 million dollar fine minimum. Highest possible punishment 60 years in prison and a $15 million fine

Sometimes I think you say things just to sound radical ... at least I hope that's it.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2016, 01:41:08 AM »

Forced sterilization. Because it's 1935.

And don't forget about eugenics.  Come on, it's 1915, this shouldn't even be controversial. Tongue
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2016, 11:28:09 AM »

You know, if we just kill everybody, then there won't be any more abortions! Ever!

Definitely something to consider.
There's a certain logic here.
If we were ever to use all those nuclear weapons, we could certainly kill a lot of people.
Where do pro-lifers stand on nuclear disarmament?

Probably not true for all the wanna-be murderers in this thread, but the nuclear arsenal sure should be brought down, perhaps not to zero but quite substantially through bilateral measures. You still need to project a degree of power though they should never be used. I tend to be anti-war altogether, but it's a bit dangerous to give up all power and negotiation like that.
A reasonable statement and one that I could agree with, but I don't think that Trump is the ideal choice, if you hold this view.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2016, 12:57:05 PM »

You know, if we just kill everybody, then there won't be any more abortions! Ever!

If we were ever to use all those nuclear weapons, we could certainly kill a lot of people.

Probably not true for all the wanna-be murderers in this thread, but the nuclear arsenal sure should be brought down, perhaps not to zero but quite substantially through bilateral measures. You still need to project a degree of power though they should never be used. I tend to be anti-war altogether, but it's a bit dangerous to give up all power and negotiation like that.
A reasonable statement and one that I could agree with, but I don't think that Trump is the ideal choice, if you hold this view.

Trump is the second most anti-war of the Republican candidates and possibly all candidates.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2016, 02:00:30 PM »

Trump is the second most anti-war of the Republican candidates and possibly all candidates.
So, you think that he is more anti-war than Sanders?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2016, 04:21:23 PM »

I said possibly because Sanders does have a few hawkish tendencies so I consider the two quite close.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2016, 04:54:19 PM »

Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2016, 06:04:09 PM »

Doctor: Life in prison
Mother: Unsure, probably a 30 day sentence minimum.  I wouldn't want fines imposed because women who abort are often poor.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2016, 01:11:44 AM »

SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2016, 01:32:54 PM »

Doctors: Loss of medical license, up to 20 years in prison and a $5 million fine at a minimum. Highest possible punishment the death penalty by gas chamber.

Women: 2 years in prison minimum, $1 million dollar fine minimum. Highest possible punishment 60 years in prison and a $15 million fine

What. The. Actual. F**k.

I am PROUDLY Pro-Life and this sentence is not only disturbing and depressing...it is the opposite of what the Pro-Life movement is about. Gas Chamber use is never acceptable for any crime, ever.

My answer for Physicians is to permanently lose their license in medicine and to be sentenced to 15 years to life in prison. I would only support death penalty if a physician has performed mass abortions (or commits Gosnell-style crimes).

For women, I do not support death penalty, or life in prison for these women. I would support charging them as accomplices to murder, or with child abuse or negligence, however.

At the end of the day, I want abortion banned (with exceptions, of course), but I also believe in helping impoverished pregnant women. Especially single, pregnant women. There also needs to be an education program for young men, aged 13-17 and also 18-22, about taking responsibilities for their actions. It is not acceptable to abandon a pregnant woman and run for the hills.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2016, 04:43:46 PM »

What. The. Actual. F**k.

I am PROUDLY Pro-Life and this sentence is not only disturbing and depressing...it is the opposite of what the Pro-Life movement is about. Gas Chamber use is never acceptable for any crime, ever.

My answer for Physicians is to permanently lose their license in medicine and to be sentenced to 15 years to life in prison. I would only support death penalty if a physician has performed mass abortions (or commits Gosnell-style crimes).

For women, I do not support death penalty, or life in prison for these women. I would support charging them as accomplices to murder, or with child abuse or negligence, however.

At the end of the day, I want abortion banned (with exceptions, of course), but I also believe in helping impoverished pregnant women. Especially single, pregnant women. There also needs to be an education program for young men, aged 13-17 and also 18-22, about taking responsibilities for their actions. It is not acceptable to abandon a pregnant woman and run for the hills.

Like most pro-lifers, aside from crazy people like Classical Conservative, you oppose the death penalty for mothers b/c deep down you know aborting a fetus isn't the same as walking into a hospital a shooting a baby (hence the discomfort with treating mothers who get an abortion as murderers).
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2016, 12:20:52 AM »

What. The. Actual. F**k.

Like most pro-lifers, aside from crazy people like Classical Conservative, you oppose the death penalty for mothers b/c deep down you know aborting a fetus isn't the same as walking into a hospital a shooting a baby (hence the discomfort with treating mothers who get an abortion as murderers).

No, he likely opposes the death penalty for mothers who have an abortion while supporting it elsewhere because the mother is more sympathetic perpetrator. Criminal law takes such things into account by offering a range of sentencing options for the same crime. Our system isn't setup such that each crime has a specific define punishment.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies