Opinion of RFayette's signatures?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:10:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of RFayette's signatures?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: -skip-
FS

HS

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Opinion of RFayette's signatures?  (Read 3082 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 31, 2016, 09:21:32 AM »

FS for standing up for his beliefs, HS for the message
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 10:20:58 AM »

Makes me glad god doesn't exist.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 10:27:17 AM »

Hilarious Signatures.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 11:08:48 AM »

Not very well thought out at all.
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 12:24:39 PM »

*tips fedora*
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 12:30:09 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 01:58:41 PM »

Genuinely disturbing.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 02:01:37 PM »

Creepy
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 02:08:56 PM »

I don't have sigs on, but I agree with the message of his current one, if perhaps the phrasing and design is a bit offputting.  Didn't know he'd become a  universalist. Smiley

in any case sorry to see him go from AAD.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2016, 02:52:49 PM »

He seems to have rage quit from AAD. Based solely on Al's reasonable prodding on the fact he really knows jack sh-t about much of what he talks about.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2016, 03:03:09 PM »

The knavish poltroon stormed out before I'd even finished my line of reasoning, which is most vexing.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2016, 05:21:59 PM »

I don't have sigs on, but I agree with the message of his current one, if perhaps the phrasing and design is a bit offputting.  Didn't know he'd become a  universalist. Smiley

in any case sorry to see him go from AAD.

1. I needed a break from AAD.  I tend to care too much and get myself carried away with it.  I'll probably come back at some point, but I'm not sure.
2. I didn't mean that in a universalist context.  Every knee will bow, but unfortunately for many, it will be too late.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2016, 05:28:36 PM »

I don't take people claiming that my beliefs are 'temporary conditions' very kindly.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2016, 05:31:20 PM »

There's really no compelling reason to argue/attempt to reason with him. It's a little like my views on noninterference. If he comes to his senses, it will more or less be on his own. Now if he's trolling? That's something else.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2016, 05:46:18 PM »

I miss pre-Calvinist RFayette. We had good convos together.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2016, 05:49:18 PM »

It's curious how much more stupid he has become. Not in his beliefs, but in how he argues for them. He leaves ADD because Al challenged him, Alcon embarrasses him on here by taking apart most of his public bravado and he rarely answers questions put directly to him on matters that relate to real people in real situations (he's yet to answer from me what gay people have done to make him view them differently, what advice he would give to people in a gay marriage and most recently, how submissive a woman should be to her husband)

He just regurgitates other people, sh-tty Christian memes and generic turns of phrase. He's dumbed himself down to the level no doubt, of the online people with which he corresponds and his self aggrandizing pastor.

Or he's trolling.

If it's legit though, it's a perfectly good example of why and how otherwise nice kids end up getting caught up in empty rhetoric and end up running off to Syria.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2016, 05:51:13 PM »

Man remember when afleitch and others said I was going to turn into some sort of crazy fundamentalist? LOL.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2016, 05:56:18 PM »

Man remember when afleitch and others said I was going to turn into some sort of crazy fundamentalist? LOL.

I know you get really hard when you do your 'remember when' stuff about me (mostly on AAD). You may actually have saved yourself because you are the effectively the liberal Mike Naso; you've basically been in stasis for the past decade Cheesy
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2016, 05:57:38 PM »

I don't take people claiming that my beliefs are 'temporary conditions' very kindly.

Logically speaking, if an atheist were correct, his or her belief would be a temporary condition, just like the rest of the human experience. If an atheist were incorrect, their beliefs would still have a likelihood of being a temporary condition. If you are uncomfortable with this, it means you are uncomfortable with your own worldview. Don't worry, you don't have to be comfortable with how you see the world--God knows, if my worldview is correct, then it's a very ugly world we live in--but self awareness is the key to outflanking your enemies.

That said, his signature does sound like a threat.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2016, 05:58:57 PM »

God is spelt with a capital G.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2016, 06:00:05 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2016, 06:05:14 PM by DavidB. »

I think RFayette gets way too much sh**t for his beliefs. I mean, I find some things he believes in to be pretty crazy, but I know that I myself believe in things that are objectively not a bit more "rational" (and probably equally offensive to some as well). That goes for many more religious Atlasians, I think. The difference is that I am not posting about it, and many people don't, while RFayette does. But that's hardly something you can hold against him. It makes for interesting conversations.  

(Perhaps another difference is that religion has less of an influence on my political views, and I wouldn't really use religious stuff in my signature either... but still.)

Though I must say it is clear that he is still very much finding his way within his religion, since he echoes a lot of things that remind me of the online videos by questionable kiruv rabbis -- not comparable in terms of belief, of course, but in terms of the shallow thought and rather poorly thought-out lines of reasoning, generally easy to "consume" and easy to follow but also very easily debunked. But in the end, you want to have something more fundamental, something that will last and something that can endure critiques. I would advise RFayette to give himself some time to find out things for himself, more in depth than through internet videos of one and the same pastor (diversify your sources in order to stay critical and to arrive at beliefs that are "built to last"), and in the meantime to maybe tone the evangelism a bit down on Atlas -- not for Atlas, because I quite enjoy reading threads about his beliefs, but for himself, because it seems to cause more stress than fun, and that's not what Atlas is for Smiley
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2016, 06:04:52 PM »

Freedom sig, I had lost the faith for so many years and believed there was no way I could get it back, but then I read a dank christian meme on his signature and I was instantly refilled with the Holy Spirit.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2016, 06:09:01 PM »

I don't think the issue is with his beliefs. It's that he's basically throwing a whole list of people under a bus by trashing them. Gays became homosexuals then sodomites. He doesn't like trans people. Women too are refashioned as 'wanting too much', He idolises a weird 50's that didn't exist, piles in against atheists, liberals, 'intellectuals' and wants a theocratic government. And he's just mean spirited about the whole lot (hence Alcon's intervention)

I'm hard pressed to think of anyone he actually likes. And if that's your takeaway from finding religious faith then you've allowed yourself to become hollowed out as a human being.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2016, 08:12:51 PM »

I think RFayette gets way too much sh**t for his beliefs.

That is the natural result of making religion a major part of your daily online presence in an increasingly secularized society. People are going to challenge you on it - Especially on the Internet. Others will just be dicks for the sake of being dicks.

Though, admittedly, I think he probably does get too much scheiße for it.
SNJ1985
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2016, 08:17:59 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2016, 08:24:24 PM by Thomas from NJ »

I don't think the issue is with his beliefs. It's that he's basically throwing a whole list of people under a bus by trashing them. Gays became homosexuals then sodomites. He doesn't like trans people. Women too are refashioned as 'wanting too much', He idolises a weird 50's that didn't exist, piles in against atheists, liberals, 'intellectuals' and wants a theocratic government. And he's just mean spirited about the whole lot (hence Alcon's intervention)

I'm hard pressed to think of anyone he actually likes. And if that's your takeaway from finding religious faith then you've allowed yourself to become hollowed out as a human being.

RFayette isn't mean-spirited at all. He shows real love for people by telling them the truth instead of coddling them in their sins. It is far more loving to tell someone the truth than it is to tell someone a sweet-sounding lie. Leviticus 19:17 defines loving your neighbor as warning your neighbor to stop sinning.

RFayette is simply trying to get people on the right track. He's trying to get people to stop engaging in soul-damning sins before it's too late. He's giving people the advice they need, as opposed to lying to them by telling them that sin poses no danger to them. He's showing real love for people by doing what he's doing. Preaching the Gospel is the most loving thing you can do for someone.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies