Opinion of RFayette's signatures? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:29:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of RFayette's signatures? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
FS

HS

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Opinion of RFayette's signatures?  (Read 3110 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« on: January 31, 2016, 10:27:17 AM »

Hilarious Signatures.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 06:00:05 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2016, 06:05:14 PM by DavidB. »

I think RFayette gets way too much sh**t for his beliefs. I mean, I find some things he believes in to be pretty crazy, but I know that I myself believe in things that are objectively not a bit more "rational" (and probably equally offensive to some as well). That goes for many more religious Atlasians, I think. The difference is that I am not posting about it, and many people don't, while RFayette does. But that's hardly something you can hold against him. It makes for interesting conversations.  

(Perhaps another difference is that religion has less of an influence on my political views, and I wouldn't really use religious stuff in my signature either... but still.)

Though I must say it is clear that he is still very much finding his way within his religion, since he echoes a lot of things that remind me of the online videos by questionable kiruv rabbis -- not comparable in terms of belief, of course, but in terms of the shallow thought and rather poorly thought-out lines of reasoning, generally easy to "consume" and easy to follow but also very easily debunked. But in the end, you want to have something more fundamental, something that will last and something that can endure critiques. I would advise RFayette to give himself some time to find out things for himself, more in depth than through internet videos of one and the same pastor (diversify your sources in order to stay critical and to arrive at beliefs that are "built to last"), and in the meantime to maybe tone the evangelism a bit down on Atlas -- not for Atlas, because I quite enjoy reading threads about his beliefs, but for himself, because it seems to cause more stress than fun, and that's not what Atlas is for Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies