Opinion of RFayette's signatures? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:46:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of RFayette's signatures? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
FS

HS

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Opinion of RFayette's signatures?  (Read 3144 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: January 31, 2016, 12:30:09 PM »

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 02:52:49 PM »

He seems to have rage quit from AAD. Based solely on Al's reasonable prodding on the fact he really knows jack sh-t about much of what he talks about.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 05:49:18 PM »

It's curious how much more stupid he has become. Not in his beliefs, but in how he argues for them. He leaves ADD because Al challenged him, Alcon embarrasses him on here by taking apart most of his public bravado and he rarely answers questions put directly to him on matters that relate to real people in real situations (he's yet to answer from me what gay people have done to make him view them differently, what advice he would give to people in a gay marriage and most recently, how submissive a woman should be to her husband)

He just regurgitates other people, sh-tty Christian memes and generic turns of phrase. He's dumbed himself down to the level no doubt, of the online people with which he corresponds and his self aggrandizing pastor.

Or he's trolling.

If it's legit though, it's a perfectly good example of why and how otherwise nice kids end up getting caught up in empty rhetoric and end up running off to Syria.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 05:56:18 PM »

Man remember when afleitch and others said I was going to turn into some sort of crazy fundamentalist? LOL.

I know you get really hard when you do your 'remember when' stuff about me (mostly on AAD). You may actually have saved yourself because you are the effectively the liberal Mike Naso; you've basically been in stasis for the past decade Cheesy
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 06:09:01 PM »

I don't think the issue is with his beliefs. It's that he's basically throwing a whole list of people under a bus by trashing them. Gays became homosexuals then sodomites. He doesn't like trans people. Women too are refashioned as 'wanting too much', He idolises a weird 50's that didn't exist, piles in against atheists, liberals, 'intellectuals' and wants a theocratic government. And he's just mean spirited about the whole lot (hence Alcon's intervention)

I'm hard pressed to think of anyone he actually likes. And if that's your takeaway from finding religious faith then you've allowed yourself to become hollowed out as a human being.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 05:19:19 PM »

The point is that the Bible is not to be questioned.  God gave us his word, and we need to take it at face value.  I remember, as my pastor put it, "You can't just keep questioning and questioning God.  You need to just accept the truth of God's word for what it is."  Questioning can be the work of the devil - it can make people fall astray from the faith and the sufficiency and inerrancy of scripture. 

Why did it take several hundred years to collate? It took seven ecumenical councils from the 300's to 800's under patronage of the Roman State to determine what Christianity actually was. Do you accept that State influence was divine? Do you believe that the oppression/killing of 'heretics' and the willful destruction of texts was forged through the spirit?

If questioning is the work of the devil, then why are you a Protestant, which the the end result of a prolonged period of theological questioning? (which really is true for all Christian sects but that's another matter) The devil would want you to be so abrasive to people as you have been these past few months.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies