Opinion of RFayette's signatures? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:16:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of RFayette's signatures? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
FS

HS

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Opinion of RFayette's signatures?  (Read 3148 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: January 31, 2016, 03:03:09 PM »

The knavish poltroon stormed out before I'd even finished my line of reasoning, which is most vexing.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 09:11:50 PM »

I want to re-iterate that I do not hate anyone here, even those whom I have had very strong disagreements with, such as Al, afleitch, and trianinthedistance.  My desire is that all repent and believe in Jesus Christ and the whole counsel of God, the Holy Bible.

This continues to be rather amusing if also a little bit sad. I am not an atheist, as is well known here. Of course even if it wasn't it should have been quite obvious from the tone and content of my argument. The assumption that because I questioned the mishmash of slogans and half digested dogma that constitute your beliefs I must be an atheist (who therefore needs to repent!) is telling.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 03:00:02 PM »

Not directly, but it is fairly clear from this...

I want to re-iterate that I do not hate anyone here, even those whom I have had very strong disagreements with, such as Al, afleitch, and trianinthedistance.  My desire is that all repent and believe in Jesus Christ and the whole counsel of God, the Holy Bible.

This...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This...

And this...

...that you have made certain assumptions and that you have made these assumptions entirely because your beliefs have been subject to a critique (I note that it has obviously not occurred to you to consider the direction of said critique). The thought process at work here is sadly all too obvious.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 06:07:29 PM »

The point is that the Bible is not to be questioned.  God gave us his word, and we need to take it at face value.  I remember, as my pastor put it, "You can't just keep questioning and questioning God.  You need to just accept the truth of God's word for what it is."  Questioning can be the work of the devil - it can make people fall astray from the faith and the sufficiency and inerrancy of scripture.

Jesus. Where even to start? Well with the obvious point that I did not 'question the Bible' (whatever that means) I questioned you. Again you do not appear to have noted the direction of the questioning, but perhaps that is a minor matter. The thought process again appears to be rather depressing: to question RFayette is to question The Pastor which is to question the Bible which is to do the work of the devil.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies