Democratic Iowa Caucus results thread (entrance poll @8pm ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:17:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Iowa Caucus results thread (entrance poll @8pm ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Iowa Caucus results thread (entrance poll @8pm ET)  (Read 60964 times)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: February 01, 2016, 08:27:41 PM »

They said that 20% of Dem voters are undecided in the entrance polls.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 11:04:47 PM »

Clinton can declare victory, but this is Sanders' night.
Sanders night to possible win a state by a slight margin that he needed to win by a huge margin to have any chance whatsoever to win the nomination down the road.
No he didn't. To upset the coronation of Hillary Clinton in Iowa is a big achievement.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 11:15:09 PM »

Calling voter fraud doesn't seem like a insane reaction now...
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 12:15:54 AM »

MSNBC is reporting that there will be no official results declared tonight from the Democratic Party. I'm off to bed.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 12:22:35 AM »

There's more precincts outstanding in Clinton counties than Sanders counties. Clinton probably squeaks by.

Probably, but there is a lot of Polk where Clinton is doing well, but there have been a lot of Bernie precincts there so we don't know how that will turnout.
We actually do.
https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/status/694364051283927041

I know that, most of the areas left are in Clinton counties. What we don't know is are the precincts in those counties Clinton precincts or Sanders precincts?
Roughly 25% of the remaining caucuses are in Bernie territory, about 30% are in Polk, and the rest are scattered among Clinton regions. If Bernie wins a couple more in Polk, (which it looks like he could) he'll have a shot of winning. At this point, I have given up as this is "so close you could split a dime on it". My hope/prediction is that Bernie could squeak by with Polk support and his and her remaining caucuses. But it's just Iowa.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 12:45:33 AM »

Hillary should write O'Malley a thank-you check. I'm pretty sure that without him getting 8 votes, she'd lose (assuming she doesn't lose anyway).

MSNBC is also saying Hillary won 3 delegates due to 3 different coin flips. Bernie would be winning if he would have won those 3 flips. Pretty crazy!

What a ridiculous way to elect a President. Caucuses should be abolished, tomorrow.
Really is a democratic process, made me feel good about how we elect people in the Democratic primary. Staying up until 1 AM was a downer though.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 10:03:46 AM »

The hackery here is stunning. This was a statistical tie fair and square with the final results showing Bernie just a few delegates behind her in the last minutes. I give credit to Hillary and her campaign for getting out her vote, but Bernie really was the real star here. He really did something amazing and the fact that it was this close just shows how exciting the race is to Democrats at least so far.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies