Democratic Iowa Caucus results thread (entrance poll @8pm ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:13:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Iowa Caucus results thread (entrance poll @8pm ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Iowa Caucus results thread (entrance poll @8pm ET)  (Read 60349 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: February 01, 2016, 08:50:59 PM »

Guys, Bernie isn't winning. Just hope that it at least gets closer.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 11:02:50 PM »

Yeah, Sanders supporters are definitely the posters coming off as full of salt in this thread, for sure.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 11:21:08 PM »

lmao Sanders camp are claiming a 'moral' victory.

We're not claiming it, Rachel Maddow and Chuck Todd are.

Known Bernie Sanders secret agents.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 12:42:26 AM »

Hillary should write O'Malley a thank-you check. I'm pretty sure that without him getting 8 votes, she'd lose (assuming she doesn't lose anyway).

MSNBC is also saying Hillary won 3 delegates due to 3 different coin flips. Bernie would be winning if he would have won those 3 flips. Pretty crazy!

What a ridiculous way to elect a President. Caucuses should be abolished, tomorrow.

I can't tell if you're serious, but I agree.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 12:45:03 AM »

Hillary should write O'Malley a thank-you check. I'm pretty sure that without him getting 8 votes, she'd lose (assuming she doesn't lose anyway).

MSNBC is also saying Hillary won 3 delegates due to 3 different coin flips. Bernie would be winning if he would have won those 3 flips. Pretty crazy!

What a ridiculous way to elect a President. Caucuses should be abolished, tomorrow.

I can't tell if you're serious, but I agree.

Why wouldn't I be serious?

This particular board makes all sarcasm detectors go haywire. Sorry.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 12:59:00 PM »

I kind of agree that Clinton has a problem here in the general but it really doesn't have much to do with Bernie specifically. That's just the symptom of the underlying problem; Hillary has never been particularly popular with young people. She's very well respected by them, but most people around my age at this point pretty much just see Hillary as a calculating political animal through and though - not to mention way out of touch with their sensibilities. There's a reason that Hillary has been outflanked by candidates buoyed by young lefties twice now.

The problem in the general comes not from this huge pool of Bernie voters that are forever bitter against her (though some tiny number of them exist) but just the fact that convincing a young person that Hillary is as inspiring and worth turning out for in comparison to Obama is a tough hill to climb. She will just forever have the reputation of a person a step behind the times due to her positions on numerous things. It doesn't mean these people will vote for her opponent, but I could see plenty of apathy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies