Democratic Iowa Caucus results thread (entrance poll @8pm ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:12:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Iowa Caucus results thread (entrance poll @8pm ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Iowa Caucus results thread (entrance poll @8pm ET)  (Read 60976 times)
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« on: February 01, 2016, 09:05:02 PM »

Let's not call this yet. There is a lot of votes left to count. Sanders can pull this off, but I can't stress how important a win in IA is for Clinton. Losing here will send shockwaves through the Democratic Party.
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 09:25:47 PM »

Yep, I think a lot of people jumped the gun here. A 3% lead (which is declining) with less than half the vote in is far from conclusive.

Agreed, this thing could flip any minute. Clinton supporters should not celebrate and Sanders supporters should not call defeat just yet.
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 10:07:37 PM »

Wow, I didn't expect such a photo finish! Even if Hillary pulls this out (my gut says she just squeaks by), it's hard to call this a bad result for the Bern.

Bernie wins the night regardless of who wins the state. Huge showing for Bernie. The calendar is still tough for him going forward but this gives him some juice.
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 10:12:49 PM »

Wow, I didn't expect such a photo finish! Even if Hillary pulls this out (my gut says she just squeaks by), it's hard to call this a bad result for the Bern.

Actually it is very bad for Bernie. Iowa is his third most friendly demographic state so if he can't win there he has little chance winning anywhere else outside of Vermont/N.H.

The thing is this is close enough for the media to spin this as a "ZOMG Sanders almost won he's gaining on Clinton she's collapsing!!!111!!"

I agree, the media will spin this as Berniementum and Clinton is in trouble. Couple this with his 10-point+ win in NH and this race becomes very competitive going into NV and maybe even SC and super Tuesday.
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 10:16:18 AM »

The hackery here is stunning. This was a statistical tie fair and square with the final results showing Bernie just a few delegates behind her in the last minutes. I give credit to Hillary and her campaign for getting out her vote, but Bernie really was the real star here. He really did something amazing and the fact that it was this close just shows how exciting the race is to Democrats at least so far.

It will be dull starting on Super Tuesday and beyond. Because Bernie won't be competitive then.

A month ago he wasn't competitive, but he has the movement, he has the money, he has the momentum. All he needs is the message. I think he can turn this around in his favor.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies