I have changed my primary vote (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:26:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I have changed my primary vote (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I have changed my primary vote  (Read 2490 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: February 02, 2016, 03:02:44 PM »

[20:51] <BRTD> bedstuy here's the thing: I don't want to go to my caucus and join up with a bunch of olds.
[20:51] <BRTD> while all these cool youngs are in the Sanders subcaucus.

Literally the most BRTD thing imaginable.

How on Earth is this any different from identifying as Catholic even if you believe nothing about it because of "muh culture"? It's almost the exact same thing, making an identification because of your demographic profile in your ethnic background.

I'll explain more after work.

No, it's like attending a Catholic church, praying, and acting as if you entirely believe the substance of Catholicism, just for cultural identification purposes.  Which is ridiculous too.

I say "so help me God," and "under God," with respect to those oaths, not believing in God. Is that ridiculous? I don't think it irrational to participate in ceremonial rituals, for tradition's sake, or for communitarian purposes, even if you don't believe some of the substance, myself. Heck, I have even taken communion in an Episcopal Church a couple of times, attending funerals, when invited to do so. Why not?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies