Clinton vs. Cruz?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:31:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton vs. Cruz?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Clinton vs. Cruz?  (Read 4954 times)
Theodore Roosevelt
Lyndon B. Johnson

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 01, 2016, 11:23:41 PM »

Given tonight's events, is a Clinton vs. Cruz race likely? If so, probable results with EV numbers?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 04:31:20 AM »

Unlikely that Cruz gets the nomination. Rubio will be the nominee.

However, he would lose to Hillary/Castro; 2012 map+NC and maybe even AZ.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 04:32:18 AM »

Unlikely that Cruz gets the nomination. Rubio will be the nominee.

However, he would lose to Hillary/Castro; 2012 map+NC and maybe even AZ.

Indeed. The only candidate the media hates more than Hillary Clinton is Ted Cruz.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 05:04:47 AM »

It can't be ruled out at this stage.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 07:47:56 AM »

Even bigger landslide than 2008. The gender gap would be bigger with Cruz against Clinton than with Trump. Cruz is simply revolting inside and out and there is a MAJOR creep factor. There's a reason no one likes him except for bigoted or low information voters.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 08:44:17 AM »

She would crush him.
Zache

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 08:51:18 AM »

On here, and across the web in general, I get the impression that people think Ted Cruz would be the weakest of the three major Republican candidates against Clinton. Can someone provide a few reasons why people think that?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 08:52:10 AM »

40+ state landslide for Clinton.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 09:22:05 AM »
« Edited: February 02, 2016, 09:24:48 AM by BeccaM »

On here, and across the web in general, I get the impression that people think Ted Cruz would be the weakest of the three major Republican candidates against Clinton. Can someone provide a few reasons why people think that?
Likability matters in a general election and Cruz simply has none. Trump at least has charisma and swagger and Rubio has youth and optimism (technically Cruz isn't even a year older than Rubio but he might as well be 80 years old). Cruz is detested by everyone who comes into contact with him and is transparently phony, power hungry, and worst of all, generally creepy and disturbing.

I realize many would say the exact same thing about President H. Clinton (mostly based on misguided sexist attitudes), but Cruz is objectively MUCH MUCH worse off in the personality department so that says it all.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 09:23:11 AM »

Ugh talk about two unlikable candidates. I would probably cast my vote for Hillary if this was the case.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 09:38:45 AM »
« Edited: February 02, 2016, 09:43:17 AM by SillyAmerican »

Ugh talk about two unlikable candidates. I would probably cast my vote for Hillary if this was the case.

Agreed. As much as it pains me to say so, Hillary is actually the less-dislikable of the two...

I realize many would say the exact same thing about President H. Clinton (mostly based on misguided sexist attitudes), but Cruz is objectively MUCH MUCH worse off in the personality department so that says it all.

How is pointing out that Clinton is unlikeable "sexist"? Typical. Too bad Iowa and New Hampshire are full of all those sexist people. Hopefully Hillary goes to prison, and we don't have to worry about being sexist...
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 09:48:41 AM »

Most of the things that make her "unlikable" wouldn't be talked about for a male candidate, and many of them would be considered positives - strength, focus, drive, seriousness, confidence, acting like a winner, etc. This has all been pretty obvious since 2008 and isn't really up for debate anymore.

If Cruz was a woman with the same personality and tone we wouldn't have even heard of him unless he pulled a Kim Davis-type controversy with whatever local position he was in.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2016, 11:55:27 AM »

Agreed. As much as it pains me to say so, Hillary is actually the less-dislikable of the two...

How is pointing out that Clinton is unlikeable "sexist"? Typical. Too bad Iowa and New Hampshire are full of all those sexist people. Hopefully Hillary goes to prison, and we don't have to worry about being sexist...

straight, and comes out gay?
Gog
Gog3451
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2016, 11:57:03 AM »

Unless ISIS kills 200+ people in NYC on November 5th, Clinton by a almost landslide margin.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2016, 11:57:21 AM »

Cruz isn't getting the nomination, and if he did, I suspect he would lose by a bigger margin than McCain lost to Obama.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2016, 12:02:00 PM »

Cruz is not winning. The establishment vote turned out to be much bigger than thought. Rubio had a surprising 23% odd votes & the whole Kasich-Bush-Christie & others add a solid 10%+.

With momentum on his side, Rubio will likely win. Carson has already tanked IMO & a section of his supporters will go to Cruz but that is not enough. Trump is hanging on, no way he is quitting & he will take a strong section of anti-establishment, tea party & conservative votes from Cruz.

After NH, Rubio will start winning from Nevada, SC.

And Rubio will destroy Clinton in a general election
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2016, 01:05:20 PM »

Possibly this big a landslide:

Clinton: 429
Cruz: 109

Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2016, 01:11:23 PM »

Against a candidate as polarizing as Cruz, the Clintons (and yes, they are a package deal) put the fringe South into play.  Kentucky and West Virginia suddenly become real possibilities.  There are old-line hardhats who still love Bill and will come out to vote for Hilary.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2016, 01:24:01 PM »

I feel like Cruz would have a legitimate chance. Call him an extremist creep if you want; at least he, unlike his opponent, has the ability to feel authentic human emotions.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2016, 03:35:50 PM »

I feel like Cruz would have a legitimate chance. Call him an extremist creep if you want; at least he, unlike his opponent, has the ability to feel authentic human emotions.

lol, are you serious? Did you see him hugging his daughter?
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2016, 03:37:44 PM »

It reminded me of that one scene from Alien or Aliens don't remember what movie it was from lol.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2016, 03:41:18 PM »

Hillary has never shown any emotions, unless you count that demonic cackling as 'laughter'.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2016, 03:45:13 PM »

Hillary has never shown any emotions, unless you count that demonic cackling as 'laughter'.

https://youtu.be/jeCIvX922TM

And do you think maybe that's because the media would trot out every sexist stereotype in the book if she showed emotion frequently? Hell, they already do!
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2016, 03:52:44 PM »

https://youtu.be/jeCIvX922TM

And do you think maybe that's because the media would trot out every sexist stereotype in the book if she showed emotion frequently? Hell, they already do!

Are you really chalking this up to sexism? That's more or less Clinton's excuse for anything with her campaign going wrong. Sanders' surge? Sexism. Winning by less than .5% in Iowa? Sexism. The Benghazi and emails scandals? Sexism. Maybe it's time to admit that Clinton would do just as well if she were a man.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2016, 03:57:24 PM »

This would probably give the Obama 2012 map at the very least for Clinton, plus North Carolina and maybe one other state.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies