How can Rubio beat Clinton?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:19:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How can Rubio beat Clinton?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: How can Rubio beat Clinton?  (Read 4666 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2016, 12:09:17 PM »
« edited: February 02, 2016, 12:11:35 PM by Shadows »

Rubio is a putz that offers no substance. All he can do is criticize Obama which doesn't work if the economy keeps ticking up. He would get demolished in the debates. It would be Hillary's race to lose, and I bet she won't blow it. I think it would be a 2012 repeat.

Hillary is a poor debater as well so it won't matter, she has nowhere neat the oratory ability & charisma as Bill. It's a robot vs a young right wing guy (who will make a bad president but atleast sounds authentic).

I hope Bill campaigns a lot & she gets Sanders-Warren to rally beside her & the progressives campaigning for her. I would definitely prefer her over Rubio
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2016, 12:15:32 PM »

She isn't her husband, but I think she looks presidential enough coming out of very tough Democratic debates while Rubio fades in and out of the Republican patty-cake debates. General election debate questions are going to be a lot closer to the questions Hillary has seen than what Rubio has had to answer.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2016, 12:20:55 PM »

She isn't her husband, but I think she looks presidential enough coming out of very tough Democratic debates while Rubio fades in and out of the Republican patty-cake debates. General election debate questions are going to be a lot closer to the questions Hillary has seen than what Rubio has had to answer.

The media love Rubio and hate Clinton.
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2016, 12:24:27 PM »

It will be Rubio vs Sanders I think.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2016, 12:26:42 PM »

He can't and won't.

Hilarious that Republicans think they've found their "Obama" with this low IQ wannabe.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2016, 12:29:25 PM »

Rubio lies far more than HRC does.  Other than what Rubio said about Ted Cruz, I can't think of a single thing that Rubio has told the truth about.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2016, 12:39:23 PM »

I think you will have audience questions right? Hillary is a robot, come on, no way she can connect. This is where Bill did great, he wiped the floor with bush. And Rubio connects in some way, whatever stupid things he doe say.

I personally think Rubio is a reasonable debater. He has this youthful appeal, not too horribly anti-immigrant either. Cheers - Only the future will decide!!
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2016, 12:40:13 PM »

He can't and won't.

Hilarious that Republicans think they've found their "Obama" with this low IQ wannabe.

I don't think you should be talking. You support that corrupt 'human'.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2016, 01:40:00 PM »

With ease, Clinton is a weak candidate
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2016, 02:43:58 PM »

By winning 269 electoral college votes or more (and no, PA, WI, VA, NV are not SOLID D 270 FREIWAL STATES). I love how the OP is implying that Trump would have a better chance.

Of course he would.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2016, 02:50:20 PM »

By winning 269 electoral college votes or more (and no, PA, WI, VA, NV are not SOLID D 270 FREIWAL STATES). I love how the OP is implying that Trump would have a better chance.

Of course he would.

He wouldn't even win FL.

Of course he would.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2016, 02:52:42 PM »

Rubio lies far more than HRC does.  Other than what Rubio said about Ted Cruz, I can't think of a single thing that Rubio has told the truth about.

Calm down.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2016, 04:39:06 PM »

Depending on how hard the media slams Hillary and how many tongue baths they give Rubio, I could even see him potentially winning lean D states like PA, WI, etc. My guess though:

Hillary gets the Kerry states + NM/NV, - NH
DS0816
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2016, 04:52:05 PM »

1. Come out of the closet.

2. Switch to Democrat.

3. Become a neoliberal (which gets lots of respect from so-called progressives in the Democratic Party).

4. Immediately run in the current 2016 Democratic presidential primaries.

5. Get the right makeover to come across looking lots more deliciously f--kable.
Trapsy

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2016, 05:44:08 PM »

I think supporters actually put too much weight on Rubio's potential or prospect vs His performance as an actually candidate/politician. There is a strong case for Rubio but everything he is doing right now undermines the narrative.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2016, 05:53:06 PM »

Get 269 votes, the House will give it to him easily.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2016, 06:00:11 PM »

I think Rubio will get a very easy & commanding victory. Clinton got like 14% of the 17-29 voters. That is the most pathetic figure in a 2 way contest ever. She does very poorly with independents, who will essentially decide the election as the largest bloc.

Rubio will get more hispanic & women votes than other gop candidates even if he looses to Clinton in this demographic.

This thing is over IMO - We are having Rubio as the next President if Clinton wins

Rubio may not do that much better with Hispanics.  And he'll do worse with women then Romney did because in the first debate he said he supported banning abortion even in cases of rape and incest.   
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2016, 09:48:19 PM »

Both are awful establishment candidates. But, if it will come to that matchup in the end
RUBIO will win this. Take my word.

Agreed. The establishment remains in denial, and the electorate remains in ticked-off mode. I think Rubio is as far an establishment candidate as we see this cycle...
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2016, 12:11:54 AM »

Rubio lies far more than HRC does.  Other than what Rubio said about Ted Cruz, I can't think of a single thing that Rubio has told the truth about.

Calm down.

What am I supposed to calm down over?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arturo-lopez-levy/marco-rubio-cuba-family-story_b_7058486.html
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/scarborough-marco-rubio-flat-out-lied-to-the-american-people-during-debate/
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2015/11/marco_rubio_is_lying_about_hillary_clinton_lying.html

Name one thing other than what I mentioned that Rubio hasn't lied about.
Like most senior Republican politicians, Rubio is a pathological liar.  He's probably an even bigger liar than Mitt Romney.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2016, 12:18:33 AM »

Like most senior Republican politicians, Rubio is a pathological liar.  He's probably an even bigger liar than Mitt Romney.

Both Rubio and Clinton love to spin things their way; the curse of the career politician...

Rubio's PolitiFact info:  http://www.politifact.com/personalities/marco-rubio/
Clinton's PolitiFact info:  http://www.politifact.com/personalities/hillary-clinton/

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies