Bernie/Hillary support poll for young/white Forum males by sexual orientation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:07:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bernie/Hillary support poll for young/white Forum males by sexual orientation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Please choose:
Under-30, white, male, hetero => Bernie supporter
Under-30, white, male, hetero => Hillary supporter
Under-30, white, male, LGBT => Bernie supporter
Under-30, white, male, LGBT => Hillary supporter
Other/None/Not a Dem supporter
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Bernie/Hillary support poll for young/white Forum males by sexual orientation  (Read 2384 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 02, 2016, 01:14:39 PM »

If anything it's odd that Clinton has significant support at all on Atlas. Going by demographics (young white males) this site should basically be r/Sandersforpresident. Sanders got 84% of the under 30 vote in IA, probably over 90% of white males under 30.
Maybe it's the LGBT representation.

As for me: Under-30, white, male, hetero => Bernie supporter
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 01:17:51 PM »

Reported for trolling.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 01:28:28 PM »

I'm not white.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 02:12:47 PM »

I don't get why LGBT+ people tend to support Clinton. She never supported same-sex marriage until 2013, when it was already a completely mainstream opinion.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 02:47:59 PM »

I don't get why LGBT+ people tend to support Clinton. She never supported same-sex marriage until 2013, when it was already a completely mainstream opinion.

Dude, she and the Big Dog had to deal with the original Fundie hissiefit over "Don't Ask Don't Tell" before you were even born.  I imagine many in the LGBT have a greater capacity for perspective than you do.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 03:18:02 PM »

Under-30, white, male, hetero, not a Democrat. Tongue
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 03:27:37 PM »

A lot of gay men probably have this misguided perception of her as a Streisand/Garland type.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 03:28:36 PM »

Dude, she and the Big Dog had to deal with the original Fundie hissiefit over "Don't Ask Don't Tell" before you were even born.  I imagine many in the LGBT have a greater capacity for perspective than you do.

Bill Clinton himself introduced Don't Ask Don't Tell, breaking a campaign promise in the process.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 03:38:43 PM »

A lot of gay men probably have this misguided perception of her as a Streisand/Garland type.

WTF?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 03:40:24 PM »

Other LOL
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 03:44:19 PM »

Yinz wimin don't register on Tender's scale........unless you're dead in a freezer in his basement, of course.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 03:59:22 PM »

(Somewhat) Young/Don't care/Don't care/Don't care (apathetic)

Libertas is for Bernie ftr, and he's as gay as they come.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2016, 04:00:27 PM »

Yinz wimin don't register on Tender's scale........unless you're dead in a freezer in his basement, of course.
Agreed. 0_o
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2016, 04:06:05 PM »

^^^

Bill Clinton himself introduced Don't Ask Don't Tell, breaking a campaign promise in the process.

You guys do realize that at the time, after Clinton was elected on repealing the 1982 absolute ban, that Congress immediately rushed to codify the 1982 into formal law, right?

Before DADT, military applicants were screened and specifically asked about their sexual orientation. This was a compromise.

After a hate crime in the military, on December 7, 1999, Hillary Clinton told an audience of gay supporters that "Gays and lesbians already serve with distinction in our nation's armed forces and should not face discrimination. Fitness to serve should be based on an individual's conduct, not their sexual orientation."

But of course, as usual, Hillary is entirely responsible for her husband's actions under pressure from Congress on legislation she took no part in, and also responsible for the general mood of the country 23 years ago.

And as for gay marriage, public support crossed the 50% mark in 2011. Obama was not planning on announcing his support until after the 2012 election, but Biden's slip-up caused him to do it in May of 2012.

I guess LGBTers shouldn't have supported Obama either, right? Everyone knows that Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton supported gay marraige by the mid-2000s at the latest (Obama had checked that he supported it in a 1996 candidate profile); no one is so dense and simple-minded to think she just changed her mind in 2013.

And even if she did, what matters is that even while she officially supported "traditional marriage", she was still fighting for LGBT rights and anti-discrimination legislation.

They understand circumstance, politics, and the need to focus on the long-run.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2016, 04:06:31 PM »

#youngwhitemalesforbernie
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2016, 04:06:40 PM »

Semi-related question: do Americans really use the word "hetero" like this? Terms like hetero and homo are normal in Dutch, but don't they have a bit of a weird connotation in English, "straight" and "gay" being more regular / having a more "neutral" connotation?

Anyway, other.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2016, 04:10:13 PM »

^^^

You guys do realize that at the time, after Clinton was elected on repealing the 1982 absolute ban, that Congress immediately rushed to codify the 1982 into formal law, right?

Before DADT, military applicants were screened and specifically asked about their sexual orientation. This was a compromise.

After a hate crime in the military, on December 7, 1999, Hillary Clinton told an audience of gay supporters that "Gays and lesbians already serve with distinction in our nation's armed forces and should not face discrimination. Fitness to serve should be based on an individual's conduct, not their sexual orientation."

But of course, as usual, Hillary is entirely responsible for her husband's actions under pressure from Congress on legislation she took no part in, and also responsible for the general mood of the country 23 years ago.

And as for gay marriage, public support crossed the 50% mark in 2011. Obama was not planning on announcing his support until after the 2012 election, but Biden's slip-up caused him to do it in May of 2012.

I guess LGBTers shouldn't have supported Obama either, right? Everyone knows that Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton supported gay marraige by the mid-2000s at the latest (Obama had checked that he supported it in a 1996 candidate profile); no one is so dense and simple-minded to think she just changed her mind in 2013.

And even if she did, what matters is that even while she officially supported "traditional marriage", she was still fighting for LGBT rights and anti-discrimination legislation.

They understand circumstance, politics, and the need to focus on the long-run.

The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2016, 04:14:14 PM »

Though most of my LGBT friends are Sanders supporters, the only Clinton supporters I know also happen to be LGBT.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2016, 04:16:39 PM »

This doesn't disprove anything I said above. Read my post again.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2016, 04:26:31 PM »

It does prove that Clinton only became an ally of the LGBT+ movement when it was too late not to. She also campaigned against same-sex marriage in 2008, as did Obama.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2016, 04:32:43 PM »

It does prove that Clinton only became an ally of the LGBT+ movement when it was too late not to. She also campaigned against same-sex marriage in 2008, as did Obama.

Okay, and...? What matters is that they are both pushing/have pushed hard for LGBT rights now.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2016, 04:37:18 PM »

Okay, and...? What matters is that they are both pushing/have pushed hard for LGBT rights now.

So, by that logic, hypothetically, if the members of the Westboro Baptist Church started supporting LGBT+ rights, you would forgive them for everything they've done against LGBT+ rights in the past?
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2016, 04:43:11 PM »

So, by that logic, hypothetically, if the members of the Westboro Baptist Church started supporting LGBT+ rights, you would forgive them for everything they've done against LGBT+ rights in the past?

Apples to oranges. Hillary and Obama did not hatemonger like WBC; quite the opposite, they worked for LGBT rights outside of marriage equality. A better comparison would be most Republican politicians who speak against it but don't make it central to their political career. In this case, yes, I would forgive them.

But for your comparison to WBC, maybe, after some time and depending on what they do.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2016, 05:04:51 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2016, 05:13:05 PM by DemPGH »

Last option. Over-30, white, male, hetero - Hillary.

I might be too cognizant of recent history, but I can think of a lot of pragmatic reasons not to support Bernie; however, I am very glad that you young folks are.

Given the realities in D.C., I think the first and last thing that Bernie would actually accomplish for four years is swearing in. You think they blocked and flustered Obama? Wait till you see what they do to The Bern. Did you hear the nonsense Ted Cruz said in his speech? Crazy stuff. Hillary? I clapped in my living room.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2016, 05:11:35 PM »

CXSmith, stop embarrassing yourself with memes you found on Tumblr.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies