Has the Trump implosion begun?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:55:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Has the Trump implosion begun?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: Has the Trump implosion begun?  (Read 2287 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 02, 2016, 09:05:05 PM »

According to PPP it seems so we'll wait and see though
Dorko Julio

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 09:07:20 PM »

More than likely.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 09:08:05 PM »

Yes. We're finally on the timetable.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 09:08:40 PM »

Not with Sarah Palin, Jerry Falwell Jr. and Scot Brown onboard.  Money couldn't buy a more dynamic team of supporters.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 09:11:03 PM »

I wish. However, I think we have a long ways to go before we can rid ourselves of the Donald.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 09:12:41 PM »

I wish. However, I think we have a long ways to go before we can rid ourselves of the Donald.
Dorko Julio

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 09:17:15 PM »

I think he'll still be competitive for a long time, but he's much more vulnerable now than before he lost Iowa. The implosion has "begun", but it's still a ways off from being complete.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 09:18:07 PM »

No.

There was a time when I was astonished that he'd run.  Then there was a time when I was astonished that a fifth of the Republican voters claimed, to pollsters, that they would support him.  Then there was a time when I was astonished that anyone would still support him after that first debate.  Then, after I had convinced myself that Republicans must not have watched the first debate, I was astonished that he was still polling above 20 percent after the second debate.  

Nothing astonishes me anymore when it comes to trump's supporters.  I don't claim to comprehend them, but I know them, at least some of them.  None are shy about sharing their opinions when it comes to sports or politics.  For reasons that I am not intelligent enough to understand, the Donald, even as he has shown me from the first day of his candidacy that he is manifestly unsuited to the presidency of the United States, appeals to them.  Of the three people with whom I discussed politics with today at the club, two of them support trump.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 09:20:43 PM »

Ask me again next week. If anyone can turn this around, it's Donald J. Trump.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 09:23:58 PM »

A tweet about a one day sample from a troll pollster? Yeah, a little early to say.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 09:24:42 PM »

No.

There was a time when I was astonished that he'd run.  Then there was a time when I was astonished that a fifth of the Republican voters claimed, to pollsters, that they would support him.  Then there was a time when I was astonished that anyone would still support him after that first debate.  Then, after I had convinced myself that Republicans must not have watched the first debate, I was astonished that he was still polling above 20 percent after the second debate.  

Nothing astonishes me anymore when it comes to trump's supporters.  I don't claim to comprehend them, but I know them, at least some of them.  None are shy about sharing their opinions when it comes to sports or politics.  For reasons that I am not intelligent enough to understand, the Donald, even as he has shown me from the first day of his candidacy that he is manifestly unsuited to the presidency of the United States, appeals to them.  Of the three people with whom I discussed politics with today at the club, two of them support trump.

In Iowa at least it seems like many of his supporters last minute swung to Rubio as evident by the entrance/exit poll last night
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 09:37:27 PM »

All he has to do is ramp up the rhetoric a bit.  Step up his critique of China by saying that we should probably round up all the Chinamen and other Orientals living in the US until trade tensions settle down.  Start saying that we need to "figure out some kind of solution to the Muslim problem" or something along those lines.  Maybe start referring to Cruz and Rubio as "my spic opponents", and Hillary Clinton as a "dirty old c**t".  His poll numbers will be back on track in no time.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2016, 09:40:48 PM »

A tweet about a one day sample from a troll pollster? Yeah, a little early to say.

Would you consider them a troll pollster even if they had Bernie ahead jfern?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2016, 10:08:55 PM »

All he has to do is ramp up the rhetoric a bit.  Step up his critique of China by saying that we should probably round up all the Chinamen and other Orientals living in the US until trade tensions settle down.  Start saying that we need to "figure out some kind of solution to the Muslim problem" or something along those lines.  Maybe start referring to Cruz and Rubio as "my spic opponents", and Hillary Clinton as a "dirty old c**t".  His poll numbers will be back on track in no time.

The saddest part about this post is that that might legitimately help him.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2016, 08:40:36 AM »

A followup:  Public radio news reported that Trump was in fine form this morning, replete with swagger, confidence, and abject nativism.  Two supporters interviewed from the crowd praised him for not playing the church card, unlike Cruz and Rubio. 

WaPo reports that "...the crowd roared when he cursed as he pledged to aggressively target Islamic State terrorists. "If we are attacked, somebody attacks us, wouldn't you rather have Trump as president if we're attacked?" he asked. "We'll beat the [expletive] out of them."  ... Trump was dismissive when asked about any lessons learned from defeat: “It not a question of learning. I just want to continue to do well.” He noted that “my brand is doing great.” Trump firmly stood by his decision to skip the Fox News Channel debate last week after clashing with the network over its treatment of him. “If I had to do it again, I would have done the exact same thing,” he said. “The reason is – do you know why? – because I raised $6 million for the vets in one hour.”  Trump did say that he would attend the upcoming Republican debate in New Hampshire."

NYT leads with spin.  The upper left headline is "Rivals Are Energized by Trump’s Loss in Iowa Caucuses" but if you click on the headline and read the article, they clearly point out that "The extent of Mr. Trump’s vulnerability in New Hampshire is still a question mark. He has long led the polls here by wide margins, and even as he conceded defeat in Iowa, Mr. Trump bragged that he was ahead in New Hampshire by 28 points..."

I'm not sensing the implosion just yet.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 08:55:26 AM »

We'll know after New Hampshire... 
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2016, 06:14:23 PM »

He may be damaged, but no implosion yet. He's still favored to win the nomination.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2016, 06:43:32 PM »

Party insiders have been looking at a Cruz v Rubio face off for a few months now. It now seems likely.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies