Rand Paul suspending his campaign to focus on re-election to the Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:19:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Rand Paul suspending his campaign to focus on re-election to the Senate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: Who will his supporters go to now?
Cruz

Trump

Johnson

Rubio

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 88

Author Topic: Rand Paul suspending his campaign to focus on re-election to the Senate  (Read 6216 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2016, 09:22:49 AM »

Amen! Libertarianism is DEAD! Roll Trump! Should help consolidate our vote in NH

Eh, its not dead, most of it is with Cruz this year

No, that's where the Evangelicals are.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2016, 09:23:45 AM »

If we assume a Clinton victory this November, does Paul run for the GOP presidential nomination again in 2020?
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2016, 09:25:28 AM »

Even with RECORD TURNOUT, Rand Paul in 2016 got fewer Iowa votes than Ron Paul in 2008 (when he wasnt allowed to debate, called a kook, etc). Rand is a total loser. Guy came in with all the hype in the world and fell on his curly haired face.

His voice is so damn annoying too.

Next time maybe he should just pick a side rather than faking to be a moderate or faking to be a libertarian. His father must be so embarrassed.
Wow, he's even worse than I thought. He should retire from politics in shame rather than hope to go through this again, but we know how delusional and entitled he is Roll Eyes

So just because he can't be President he should retire from politics? What?!?

You do know that something called the "senate" exists, right?
Even if he didn't just want to be president, his campaign was so catastrophic and humiliating that he's been rendered irrelevant and impotent. The so-called new voice of liberty (which is completely inaccurate considering he's a generic conservative extremist on most issues) is dead. Better to hope to find a new spokesperson if you really care about the cause because Randy is a disgrace.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2016, 09:26:21 AM »

If we assume a Clinton victory this November, does Paul run for the GOP presidential nomination again in 2020?

Or as the Libertarian candidate?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2016, 09:26:41 AM »

Even with RECORD TURNOUT, Rand Paul in 2016 got fewer Iowa votes than Ron Paul in 2008 (when he wasnt allowed to debate, called a kook, etc). Rand is a total loser. Guy came in with all the hype in the world and fell on his curly haired face.

Next time maybe he should just pick a side rather than faking to be a moderate or faking to be a libertarian. His father must be so embarrassed.
Wow, he's even worse than I thought. He should retire from politics in shame rather than hope to go through this again, but we know how delusional and entitled he is Roll Eyes

Even if he didn't just want to be president, his campaign was so catastrophic and humiliating that he's been rendered irrelevant and impotent. The so-called new voice of liberty (which is completely inaccurate considering he's a generic conservative extremist on most issues) is dead. Better to hope to find a new spokesperson if you really care about the cause because Randy is a disgrace.

who let you out of the loony bin?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2016, 09:26:49 AM »

Either that, Justin Amash runs, or (highly unlikely) we get a return to the Republican Party from Gary Johnson.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2016, 09:28:24 AM »

Hillary needs to work on her PR. This is silly.

Take notes from Jeb!'s campaign, at leat dudeabides seemed like a genuine human.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2016, 09:28:37 AM »

If the GOP loses, it's because they failed to nominate Trump, so he just runs again a la Reagan 1980. His competition doesn't matter. I guess Paul could give it a try if he wants to waste more of his life.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2016, 09:28:53 AM »

Either that, Justin Amash runs, or (highly unlikely) we get a return to the Republican Party from Gary Johnson.

Gary ain't coming back, it would most likely be Amash if he has any desire to run, or Cruz if he runs again or even Chaffetz
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2016, 09:41:44 AM »
« Edited: February 03, 2016, 09:55:17 AM by Mr. Morden »

Anyway, I suspect we'll see another Rand Paul campaign in 2020 if there's a competitive Republican race then, but it probably won't much more successful than the 2016 one.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2016, 09:44:35 AM »
« Edited: February 03, 2016, 09:56:05 AM by Mr. Morden »

Gary ain't coming back, it would most likely be Amash if he has any desire to run, or Cruz if he runs again or even Chaffetz

Agreed, but I like throwing out unlikely hypotheticals just for the hell of it.

Another note--now that LR has the Cruz endorsement, I'll get you two R-FLs mixed up at first glance even more! Ah, well. C'este la vie, or however you spell that.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2016, 09:56:33 AM »

Everyone expects Bernie to win NH though so I won't care. It's practically his home state and he'll be pummeled across the land after that, but go ahead and enjoy it I guess. You won't be enjoying much for the next 9 years Smiley
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2016, 10:00:26 AM »

Everyone expects Bernie to win NH though so I won't care. It's practically his home state and he'll be pummeled across the land after that, but go ahead and enjoy it I guess. You won't be enjoying much for the next 9 years Smiley

Why? If Hillary's really so great, she'll make it better for everyone, right?

I mean, if she wins (I'm afraid to say that's not unlikely) I do expect to be upset with poor government for at least 4 years, yes. Didn't know you agreed with me on that.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2016, 10:03:47 AM »

Oh I'll be perfectly content and enjoying the spoils of a glorious Clinton presidency, but I know there's no hope for people who have been suffering Clinton Derangement Syndrome for years and years to find happiness.

It's nice to see people resort to brutish sexist insults as well, confirming what we already knew about them Cheesy

That's all I have to say. Back to the topic at hand - Rand Paul is a failure.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2016, 10:05:34 AM »

Rand is the standard bearer of a cause (libertarianism) so he'll likely hang around in elected office for as long as possible a la Ted Kennedy and Strom Thurmond.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2016, 10:06:29 AM »

Here goes the sexist card being thrown around typical of the left
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2016, 10:08:04 AM »

Here goes the sexist card being thrown around typical of the left
The post I was referring to was apparently deleted.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2016, 10:11:38 AM »

Rand Paul is probably the only non-Trump Republican I wasn't actively rooting against. I wish him nothing but the best.
Admiral Kizaru
Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -3.83

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2016, 10:20:47 AM »

The right decision but still a sad one. Despite his recent petulant behavior born from desperation at his flagging poll numbers, he did offer a different pov on the GOP side than the standard lame canned "anti Obama/Clinton" speeches from a Rubio/Christie or the bellicose & unrealistic rhetoric from a Trump/Cruz.

I think that's something that's going to hurt the GOP in the long run.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2016, 10:21:11 AM »

I expect his supporters to scatter. Some will go back to voting Libertarian, other to Trump or Cruz, or even Sanders as their preferred anti-establishment candidate.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2016, 10:26:09 AM »

Wonderful news! Rand behaved like a petulant child and was just an all around nuisance and buffoon in the debates.

Simply a disastrous human being and an embarrassment to his father.

He's better than his father.  Rand never put out newsletters with racist columns that when called on it replied with "I had nothing to do with those newsletters that were in my name."

Ron Paul was a complete joke, Rand Paul at least is mostly serious.

I'm a Canadian Hillary Rodham Clinton supporter myself, but I would urge Rand Paul voters who supported him due to his stance on civil liberties to take a very close look at Bernie Sanders.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2016, 10:29:49 AM »

According to Ron Gunzberger at politics1.com, Paul Broun may run for Lynn Westmorland's open 3rd district seat in Georgia.

[ Lynn Westmoreland (R)* - Retiring in 2016. ]
Paul Broun (R) - Ex-Congressman, Physician & '14 US Sen. Candidate
Mark Butler (R) - State Labor Commissioner, Ex-State Rep. & Real Estate Appraiser
Ronnie Chance (R) - Ex-State Senate Majority Leader
Chris Clark (R) - Georgia Chamber of Commerce President
Mac Collins (R) - Ex-Congressman, Businessman & '04 US Sen. Candidate
Mike Crane (R) - State Sen., General Contractor, Engineer & '10 Nominee in CD-13
Mike Dugan (R) - State Sen., Businessman, Retired Army Officer & Iraq/Afghan War Veteran
Drew Ferguson (R) - West Point Mayor & Dentist
Chip Flanegan (R) - Businessman & '14 Candidate
Rick Jeffares (R) - State Sen., Ex-Henry County Commissioner & Businessman
David Knight (R) - State Rep. & Accountant
Joey Loudermilk (R) - Juvenile Court Judge & Ex-Insurance Corp. Executive
Hayden Marlowe (R) - Businessman & '12 Coweta County Commission Nominee
Richard Mix (R) - Businessman, Auctioneer & Ex-Video/Film Producer
Jim Pace (R) - Real Estate Developer
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2016, 10:32:01 AM »

Truly a great day for America. Now Cruz just needs to go.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2016, 10:36:30 AM »

The U.S Senate is for low energy losers.  Real leaders come in first second place.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2016, 10:37:29 AM »

According to Ron Gunzberger at politics1.com, Paul Broun may run for Lynn Westmorland's open 3rd district seat in Georgia.

I wish Bob Barr would come back.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies