Rand Paul suspending his campaign to focus on re-election to the Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:59:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Rand Paul suspending his campaign to focus on re-election to the Senate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: Who will his supporters go to now?
Cruz

Trump

Johnson

Rubio

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 88

Author Topic: Rand Paul suspending his campaign to focus on re-election to the Senate  (Read 6212 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2016, 06:05:09 PM »

Why is there no Bernie Sanders option? He probably got more Ron Paul votes in Iowa than any Republican did.

Can we stop this myth that Paul supporters are this large group of incoherent people with no ideological commitments whatsoever?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2016, 06:07:01 PM »

Jim Gilmore ✔ @gov_gilmore
Started out as 1 of 17 GOP Candidates, now with Rand Paul & Rick Santorum out, 1 or 9. #StillStanding
2:32 PM - 3 Feb 2016

Glad to see the Gilmore Man surviving so long.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2016, 06:07:53 PM »

Started out as 1 of 17 GOP Candidates, now with Rand Paul & Rick Santorum out, 1 or 9. #StillStanding

Glad to see the Gilmore Man surviving so long.

He has some Gil-more time left in this race.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2016, 06:12:06 PM »

Well, it was bad, but theoretically could've been worse. And I doubt he had much of a chance to win in this Republican party's primaries anyway.

Thanks for carrying the torch of liberty this year, Rand! And keep being a great senator for years to come!

Damn. Who do I root for now? I can't root for Cruz, maybe Carson, nah he'll be out soon. Will I be reduced to TRUMP?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2016, 06:13:39 PM »

Well, it was bad, but theoretically could've been worse. And I doubt he had much of a chance to win in this Republican party's primaries anyway.

Thanks for carrying the torch of liberty this year, Rand! And keep being a great senator for years to come!

Damn. Who do I root for now? I can't root for Cruz, maybe Carson, nah he'll be out soon. Will I be reduced to TRUMP?

Cruz is technically the next viable candidate after Rand in terms of republicans, otherwise it's Gary Johnson
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2016, 06:22:05 PM »

Why is there no Bernie Sanders option? He probably got more Ron Paul votes in Iowa than any Republican did.

Can we stop this myth that Paul supporters are this large group of incoherent people with no ideological commitments whatsoever?

lol, it's not a myth. Rand did terribly in the 08/12 Paul strongholds, and Bernie did extremely well. Reddit and other sites seamlessly transitioned from Ron Paul central to Bernie Sanders central. Both candidates got/get the most support from young white male college students. It's time to stop denying reality and trying to explain it away. MANY (not all, obviously) former Paulbots now support Bernie.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2016, 06:22:49 PM »

LOL

This reminds me of O'Malley tweeting about solidifying 3rd place after Lessig dropped out.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2016, 08:04:26 PM »

My second (now first, I guess) choice on the R side would be Trump.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2016, 08:07:12 PM »

Gilmore's up to 9th place.  Another week of dropouts, and he might make it to the main debate stage.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2016, 08:14:25 PM »

lol, it's not a myth. Rand did terribly in the 08/12 Paul strongholds, and Bernie did extremely well. Reddit and other sites seamlessly transitioned from Ron Paul central to Bernie Sanders central. Both candidates got/get the most support from young white male college students. It's time to stop denying reality and trying to explain it away. MANY (not all, obviously) former Paulbots now support Bernie.

OK, is there evidence that most of these same people supported Paul in the 2012 and 2008 campaigns? The internet is obviously young dominated, and the candidates that do well with young people are over represented, but I'm skeptical that these are quick Paul to Bernie converts. I'll concede if so, it would just be so sad to see such a random and uncoordinated group of people with no commitments other than 'anti-establishment'.

Also, I will just note that in your signature you are showing off a win based on coin tosses, right? It was hardly a victory. (even though she did win the popular vote).
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2016, 08:16:44 PM »

Also, I will just note that in your signature you are showing off a win based on coin tosses, right?

When will this bullsh*t lie die?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2016, 08:17:48 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/02/politics/hillary-clinton-coin-flip-iowa-bernie-sanders/

Here's an article to put this thing to death. Sorry, this is irrelevant but this sh**t needs to stop.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2016, 10:00:00 PM »

Why is DW Perry not in the poll?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2016, 10:06:49 PM »

LOL

This reminds me of O'Malley tweeting about solidifying 3rd place after Lessig dropped out.

Or when Guiliani did better than 6th place in Florida since he no longer had 5 opponents worth mentioning.
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2016, 10:23:48 PM »

Good f'ing riddance.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies