X-Files
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:16:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  X-Files
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: X-Files  (Read 773 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 03, 2016, 09:36:33 AM »

Anyone watched the new episodes ?

The last one was just hilariously great.

Plus:

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 11:47:37 AM »

That might be sexy if her face could move.

I watched the first two episodes, to see how Joel MacHale did.  I won't be watching more.  I didn't watch the original series though, so not the target audience.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 02:57:31 AM »

The first episode was lame but the second one was good and the newest one was fantastic.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 03:45:36 PM »

The first episode was lame but the second one was good and the newest one was fantastic.

I pretty much agree, other than that I have yet to sit down and watch the third episode.

I'm so glad to see The X-Files on TV once again. It is literally my most favourite show of all time. I bought all of the seasons on DVD back when they were around $50 each. It's on Netflix now, but I have no regrets. Hopefully, this won't be the last we see of the show (although it's extremely unlikely it'll ever return in any regular season format). Six episodes won't be enough for me. I'd be happy with 10-12 episodes for a couple years. I think it'd be a better show that way and it's also be more amenable to the actors' schedules. The X-Files without Mulder and Scully is just not really The X-Files. If Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny can't make it work, I don't think there should be any further return of the show.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 07:26:10 PM »

aaaaaaaaaaaaah!  The X-files.  New episodes!  No sheet.

Yeah, I'm stoked.  I had heard that they're gearing up again, but when it aired I think life must have gotten in the way.  I'll reserve judgment till I've seen one, but I'm pretty excited.  They're airing episode 1 of season 10 tonight at 8EST on WTXF (channel 23, philadelphia) and I'll watch it.  Here's the description:

In the Season 10 opener, agents Mulder and Scully return after 13 years to investigate a government conspiracy at the behest of a popular webTV-show host, who introduces them to a woman who claims she's an alien abductee and shares startling news with them.

Sounds intriguing, no?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 09:31:50 PM »

Just watched it.  Weird.  Paranoid libertarian rant.  Way different from what I remember from the late 90s.  Or maybe I'm just older and more cynical. 
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 02:14:27 PM »

The season finale looks crazy as hell. Can't wait for it.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 05:35:17 AM »

My ranking of the episodes so far:

1) Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster (3)
2) Founder's Mutation (2)
3) My Struggle (1)
4) Home Again (4)
5) Babylon (5)

The last one, Babylon, was a complete mess. It probably was supposed to be funny, but it was just a mess.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 08:10:42 AM »

Not only is there a new dubbed voice for Mulder in the German version (which is a huge no-go) but they also used the German voice of Howard Wolowitz for the Were-Monster, which was a total flop IMO (the voice, not the episode).

It's much better to watch them in the original rather than in the "newly dubbed German" ...

Anyway, I can't share Old Europe's view that the last epsiode Babylon was a "total mess". It was not the best, but it wasn't bad either. Was it just me or was this episode "anti-torture/death penalty", with the Trump-ish nurse wanting to kill off the Muslim terrorist while Mulder/Scully and their new generation doubles wanted to keep him alive and get important info out of him ?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 08:36:48 AM »

As for the TV ratings, the X-files are somewhat more popular here in Austria than in the US it seems.

The last episodes had an average of 7-8 million viewers in the US, but 355.000 in Austria. Considering the US is 40x bigger, that would mean 14-15 million viewers.

The opening episode was even watched by 480.000 people (19 million in US terms).
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 07:56:24 PM »

I watched another one a few nights ago.  (Been busy lately so I can't remember which night it was)  Monday, maybe?

It was more interesting that the first new one I watched.  Mulder procured some psilocybin mushrooms from a young FBI agent who was weirdly reminiscent of a younger Dr. Scully, or perhaps it was a placebo--the official FBI report will indicate that it was a placebo--and he ended up boot-scootin' with some rowdy Texans and in the 'shroom-induced euphoria, he was able to communicate with a brain-dead "Islamic terrorist" regarding the whereabouts of a terrorist cell.  My, how times have changed since 1996.  The enemy now is not a cigarette-smoking fascist--that guy has a tracheotomy tube, now, by the way, into which he inhales cigarettes--but rather a group of arabic-speaking, mosque-attending, brown-skinned enemy.  It's eerily realistic in that sense.  

It was all very interesting.  Still, it reaches a bit too far into the modern paranoia.  I was actually more into the idealistic Mulder purism of my innocent youth.  

I want to believe.

I don't, however, want to watch.  Oh, I'll catch the next one if I'm around and alone when it comes on, and if I think about it.  If I miss it, though, I'll just catch the next GOP primary debate, since they subject matter will be the same.

Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2016, 09:18:46 PM »

THAT FREAKING ENDING!!!!!!! There has to be a season 11!
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2016, 07:27:49 AM »

I got the impression that this season slowly fell apart in its second half.

The 2nd and 3rd episodes ("Founder's Mutation", "Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster") were nice, but the rest ranged somewhere between average and below average. It was nice to see Mulder and Scully again for nostalgic reasons, but as far as I'm concerned they don't necessarily need to do another season.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies