Do you favor a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:47:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you favor a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes, both Israel and Palestine should exist.

No, only Israel should exist.

No, only Palestine should exist.

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: Do you favor a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?  (Read 1395 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2016, 01:52:07 PM »

What I support is something along the lines of DavidB's suggestion, of both people continuing to live in the land in a "one-state" solution, but of being mostly self-governing and the "unitary" federal state existing for the purposes of things that a single state must do (such as foreign affairs/transportation policy/etc.). However, there are several ways in which I am perhaps further right in this sense than David is, which tilted me to vote for "No, only Israel":
- The exclusion of Gaza from this arrangement, and its becoming a completely separate state.
- The promise of no changes to current immigration policy (that is, only Jews receive a right of return) without support from both communities.
- The banning of political parties that call for the ejection of the other community, including some currently active Israeli parties (like Otzma Yehudit) but most notably Hamas.

So, yeah. Closer to a "one-state solution where Israel continues to exist, includes Judea and Samaria, but with extensive Palestinian autonomy" than the totally unworkable two-state solution. That's what I voted for.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies