And then there were 9, who is next to drop out?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:34:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  And then there were 9, who is next to drop out?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: -skip-
Donald Trump

Ted Cruz

Marco Rubio

Carly Fiorina

Jeb Bush

Chris Christie

John Kasich

Jim Gilmore

Ben Carson

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: And then there were 9, who is next to drop out?  (Read 965 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 03, 2016, 02:17:01 PM »

They keep dropping like flies.
indysaff
reapersaff
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -5.91

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 02:18:20 PM »

Gilmore or Carson
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 02:20:12 PM »

Nobody until NH primary day, then Fiorina, Christie, Bush and Kasich after they flop in NH (not necessarily in that order).
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 02:22:13 PM »

Did Santorum drop out?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 02:22:30 PM »

Kind of impossible to predict; it could be anyone except Cruz, Trump, and Rubio. I voted Fiorina.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 02:22:55 PM »

Yes
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 02:23:26 PM »

Guys, Jim Gilmore is going to be in the top half of lasting campaigns.

Fiorina, buh-bye
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 02:24:02 PM »

Christie or Fiorina probably
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 02:24:24 PM »

Oops, I see the thread, wow, four in three days.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 02:25:30 PM »

I have a feeling about 3 will drop out next week by this time..
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 02:26:59 PM »

We've had more drop-outs per day than Scott Walker had election victories per year.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 02:27:48 PM »

Nobody until NH primary day, then Fiorina, Christie, Bush and Kasich after they flop in NH (not necessarily in that order).

Is the below a Kasich "flop?"

29 Trump
18 Rubio
16 Kasich
15 Cruz
9 Bush
7 Christie
4  Carson
2 Fiorina
0 Gilmore
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 02:28:29 PM »

Fiorina, buh-bye

Gilmore has outlasted Huckabee, Paul, Santorum, Perry, and Walker....who would have thought?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 02:28:53 PM »

Hopefully Carson
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2016, 02:30:16 PM »

29 Trump
18 Rubio
16 Kasich
15 Cruz
9 Bush
7 Christie
4  Carson
2 Fiorina
0 Gilmore

I expect Kasich, Bush and Christie to drop like a rock in the polls over this week as Rubio gains momentum from his strong showing in Iowa.  The polls today don't reflect that yet.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 02:31:11 PM »

Fiorina, buh-bye

Gilmore has outlasted Huckabee, Paul, Santorum, Perry, and Walker....who would have thought?

I vaguely remember that there was a TL in Election What-Ifs that had Gilmore surviving this long.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2016, 02:37:36 PM »

29 Trump
18 Rubio
16 Kasich
15 Cruz
9 Bush
7 Christie
4  Carson
2 Fiorina
0 Gilmore

I expect Kasich, Bush and Christie to drop like a rock in the polls over this week as Rubio gains momentum from his strong showing in Iowa.  The polls today don't reflect that yet.

I am just asking what you define as a flop. I guess the above does not qualify as a Kasich flop. I am not so sure he is going to drop that much. He's more distinctive than Christie and Jeb, and has the endorsements of all of those newspapers in NH. He has the cred in other words.

If I lived in NH, I think right now that I would vote for Kasich, unless I became convinced that Rubio really had the right stuff. To judge that, I would need to see him mix it up more with voters, with back and forth, and tough questions, rather than the canned speech with Jesus by his side routine. In other words, I would not be quite prepared to put all my eggs in the Rubio basket at this point. In the meantime, Kasich can go on and do his number in the Midwest and Northeast, while Rubio does his in west and south, more or less. In the end, their delegates will cooperate with each other obviously. They just need to be careful not to step on each other's toes, and lose delegates to Trump or Cruz, is all.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2016, 02:38:37 PM »

29 Trump
18 Rubio
16 Kasich
15 Cruz
9 Bush
7 Christie
4  Carson
2 Fiorina
0 Gilmore

I expect Kasich, Bush and Christie to drop like a rock in the polls over this week as Rubio gains momentum from his strong showing in Iowa.  The polls today don't reflect that yet.

I am just asking what you define as a flop. I guess the above does not qualify as a Kasich flop. I am not so sure he is going to drop that much. He's more distinctive than Christie and Jeb, and has the endorsements of all of those newspapers in NH. He has the cred in other words. If I lived in NH, I think right now I would vote for Kasich, unless I became convinced that Rubio really had the right stuff. To judge that, I would need to see him mix it up more with voters, with back and forth, and tough questions, rather than the canned speech with Jesus by his side routine. In other words, I would not be quite prepared to put all my eggs in the Rubio basket at this point. In the meantime, Kasich can go on and do his number in the Midwest and Northeast, while Rubio does his in west and south, more or less. In the end, their delegates will cooperate with each other obviously. They just need to be careful not to step on each other's toes, and lose delegates to Trump or Cruz, is all.

TORIE LOVES THE FLOPS
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2016, 02:41:06 PM »

The only people who support arm flailing inflatable tube man are Democrats and self-hating Republicans.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2016, 02:44:31 PM »

29 Trump
18 Rubio
16 Kasich
15 Cruz
9 Bush
7 Christie
4  Carson
2 Fiorina
0 Gilmore

I expect Kasich, Bush and Christie to drop like a rock in the polls over this week as Rubio gains momentum from his strong showing in Iowa.  The polls today don't reflect that yet.

I am just asking what you define as a flop. I guess the above does not qualify as a Kasich flop. I am not so sure he is going to drop that much. He's more distinctive than Christie and Jeb, and has the endorsements of all of those newspapers in NH. He has the cred in other words.

If I lived in NH, I think right now that I would vote for Kasich, unless I became convinced that Rubio really had the right stuff. To judge that, I would need to see him mix it up more with voters, with back and forth, and tough questions, rather than the canned speech with Jesus by his side routine. In other words, I would not be quite prepared to put all my eggs in the Rubio basket at this point. In the meantime, Kasich can go on and do his number in the Midwest and Northeast, while Rubio does his in west and south, more or less. In the end, their delegates will cooperate with each other obviously. They just need to be careful not to step on each other's toes, and lose delegates to Trump or Cruz, is all.

Kasich coming in a close third is probably not a flop, but I don't expect that.  He likely will fade.  Rubio has all the momentum in the "establishment" lane, and I expect NH establishment voters to coalesce behind him this week.  Newspaper endorsements only get you so far, especially in a Republican primary where many voters are actually turned off by endorsements by the likes of the New York Times and Boston Globe and the endorsements aren't recent. 

Well, you're a Democrat now, so your vote hardly matters.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2016, 02:55:08 PM »

29 Trump
18 Rubio
16 Kasich
15 Cruz
9 Bush
7 Christie
4  Carson
2 Fiorina
0 Gilmore

Kasich coming in a close third is probably not a flop, but I don't expect that.  He likely will fade.  Rubio has all the momentum in the "establishment" lane, and I expect NH establishment voters to coalesce behind him this week.  Newspaper endorsements only get you so far, especially in a Republican primary where many voters are actually turned off by endorsements by the likes of the New York Times and Boston Globe and the endorsements aren't recent.  

Well, you're a Democrat now, so your vote hardly matters.

OK, I guess we will find out soon who is right. Just as a reminder, independents can vote in the Pub primary, and in NH, I would register as an independent. That would be a no brainer, since I could then bounce around from primary to primary at will.

Kasich should do well with the independent vote, particularly with Rubio sounding more hard line conservative and Godly now, as he pandered to Iowa's heavily religious and conservative Iowa caucus voters (with Trump boxing him in even more, as Trump sucked up so many of the relatively few more moderate, albeit on the downscale end SES wise, voters). I don't blame Rubio for that much (it's a good move for SC in particular), but such things do have consequences.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2016, 03:22:41 PM »

iCarly.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2016, 03:29:33 PM »

After NH

Fiorina
Carson
Christie
Kasich

After SC

Bush

Who knows?

Gilmore

I would say Fiorina.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2016, 03:46:09 PM »

The only reason why Gilmore is still in the campaign is because Jeb._ refuses to take Gilmore's campaign off life support.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2016, 03:59:01 PM »

Yes http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/03/politics/rick-santorum-dropping-presidential-bid/index.html
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies