poster (s) youve changed your mind about?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:01:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  poster (s) youve changed your mind about?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: poster (s) youve changed your mind about?  (Read 8783 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 27, 2005, 02:11:33 PM »

any poster that youve grown to like, even if oyu didnt particularly care for them at first?

for me itd have to be john ford.  i never disliked him. but he always reminded me of a young markdel.  he has grown on me.  he doesnt seem like a bad dude.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 02:26:54 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2005, 02:38:38 PM by Storebought »

Richius--totally negative to now mildly positive. And John Dibble--I thought he was just another libertarian troll (there was a libertarian troll explosion a few weeks before the election). When he said Michael Moore was full of ham, then I knew he was a real human being and my opinion of him skyrocketed. There are more people on this list, too.

There are posters who I think less of today than when I first came here, but I won't mention them. There is already too much hate on this forum.

Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 02:36:40 PM »

You had a negative opinion of me at first?

For me it is Alcon....  Seemed like your run of the mill mental disorder liberal, but after you read his posts a bit, he is less mentally ill and more just confused.  One day he will be conservative. Smiley
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 02:45:57 PM »

You had a negative opinion of me at first?

For me it is Alcon....  Seemed like your run of the mill mental disorder liberal, but after you read his posts a bit, he is less mentally ill and more just confused.  One day he will be conservative. Smiley

The Afrikaner nationalism thing threw me off, but all of that is water under the bridge Smiley
Cashcow

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 02:53:10 PM »

That's called changing all of your views over a period of three months in order to be accepted by the entirety of the forum (e.g. josh22 but not nearly as stupid). He agrees with me on most things now, actually, which is a horrible stain on my beliefs.

That being said, I still sort of like Alcon, and I sort of liked him before. If I had to pick a user I like more now, maybe Philip.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 03:06:05 PM »

you bastards.  I fart in your general direction.  I've gone out of my way to offend every possible demographic imaginable, and no one names me?  ah, well, I suppose the subtext is that you never liked me to begin with, so there's no change of heart.  fair enough.  I can drink to that.

cheers.  Tongue
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 03:08:33 PM »

Philip
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 03:13:22 PM »

Hugh, who went from 'generally good opinion' to friend Smiley

Clay, who went from 'he's celebrating that he can legally drink... he drank before it was legal... his name is GWBFan... rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" to friend Smiley

I thought Pete Bell was a prick, but it turns out he's a nice prick Wink

I can't remember any others, but I'm sure I've had some.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005, 03:22:30 PM »

A lot of people, some positive some negative, but I won't mention them
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005, 03:29:30 PM »

When I first arrived here, I was very far-left. I assume I probably sympathized with different people back then, but since John Dibble and the libertarian Republicans have corrupted me. Wink
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2005, 03:31:53 PM »

John Ford immediately comes to mind.  When I first came here, he was not particularly nice to me on account of the fact that I'm Canadian.

He still isn't very nice when you disagree, but I've learned to avoid open disagreement. Smiley
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2005, 03:33:44 PM »

Uh well, Ilikeverin.  I got mad at him near when I first got here when he was posting all of those anti-south regional maps.  I have a positive opinion of him now.  
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2005, 03:51:07 PM »

I didn't like Keystone Phil at first, but I've grown to respect the fact that he's so adamant and unafraid to let others know his beliefs, and how he feels. And that he'll defend every point he ever makes till it's been discussed about 50x over, then brought up again, etc Cheesy. Good guy.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2005, 04:08:29 PM »

I didn't like Keystone Phil at first, but I've grown to respect the fact that he's so adamant and unafraid to let others know his beliefs, and how he feels. And that he'll defend every point he ever makes till it's been discussed about 50x over, then brought up again, etc Cheesy. Good guy.
Yeah, my opinion on Keystone Phil has improved as well.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2005, 04:29:59 PM »

Same here; my opinions of Peter Bell, KEmperor, Angus, and many other forum veterans quickly improved too.  I wasn't really sure of Peter at first; KEmperor struck me as a liberal troll making fun of Republicans (really!--but this was only the first week I was here or so), and Angus, it took me months to figure out his stances on anything.  Cheesy

Most other people I already liked to begin with. Smiley
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2005, 04:37:56 PM »

KEmperor struck me as a liberal troll making fun of Republicans (really!--but this was only the first week I was here or so)

LOL, that one made me laugh.  Liberal troll indeed!
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2005, 04:39:21 PM »

Phil
StatesRights
Peter Bell (3 or 4 times)
Ebowed
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2005, 04:40:40 PM »

KEmperor struck me as a liberal troll making fun of Republicans (really!--but this was only the first week I was here or so)

LOL, that one made me laugh.  Liberal troll indeed!
Yeah, it's pretty 'out there' looking back on it.  Oh well, first impressions -- nothing you can do about them.  Wink
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2005, 04:52:24 PM »

Red NJ Avatar (formerly known as Redefeatbush) always seemed like a nice forum member, and even sent me a PM once saying that he thought I was cool.  Now he seems to have gone off the rails a little.

On second thoughts, maybe he sent me that PM after he went off the rails.....
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2005, 05:37:11 PM »

it took me months to figure out his stances on anything.  Cheesy

I'm still trying to figure it out.  Wink

actually, I've been consistent, except when I'm kidding, which is most of the time.  I think the only issue I consistently waffle on is school "choice"  I admit that I really don't know whether the advantages of vouchering outweigh the disadvantages.  Anyway, I think you can safely regard me as fairly representative of the leftmost faction of the left wing of the republican party.  And I was always serious about my genuine affection and admiration for the president.  Beyond that, I do not mind openly discussing my many differences with him and the republican party.

anyway, thanks for the nice word.  I feel that my opinion of you has steadily improved since I've been reading your posts.

I apologize for being a fascist in my post above.  It was my intention to introduce some comic relief to prevent this thread going very nasty very fast.  but, for one thing I shouldn't impose my morality on anyone's thread, and for another, it wasn't necessary since everyone posting here is showing lots of grace and optimism.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2005, 05:56:15 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2005, 06:00:16 PM by patrick1 »

The rabid partisan that I am during election season when I first began here I probably argued with Al and Flyers a lot.  Background wise it appears to me that I have the a lot in common with them,  Both good blokes.

edit: This is why you shouldn't skip English Comp by passing an exam ^
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2005, 05:58:38 PM »

Uh well, Ilikeverin.  I got mad at him near when I first got here when he was posting all of those anti-south regional maps.  I have a positive opinion of him now. 

I'm blushing all over Smiley

(Although they were anti-South district maps, there is a difference! Tongue)
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2005, 06:43:00 PM »

Three for me:
Ebowed- Used to think he was just a Pro-Life crazy. Now I see he has substance.

PBrunsel- Used to think he was just a conservative who loves Herbert Hoover. Now I see he is a kind intellegent poster.

Keystone Phil- Used to think he was just a conservative with no common sense, but now I know he does have common sense. Same with Jake.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2005, 06:51:27 PM »

Uh well, Ilikeverin.  I got mad at him near when I first got here when he was posting all of those anti-south regional maps.  I have a positive opinion of him now. 

And lest we forget, I was the one who posted the district map that put Minnesota with the Southeast. Smiley
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2005, 07:09:48 PM »

PBrunsel- Used to think he was just a conservative who loves Herbert Hoover. Now I see he is a kind intellegent poster.

Yeah, I think everyone does the same thing after maybe two weeks on the board Smiley

And lest we forget, I was the one who posted the district map that put Minnesota with the Southeast. Smiley

AAAAAH!  NOOOOOO!  REFERENCE TO REGIONS IN THE CONTEXT OF DISTRICTS!  *beats Gabu with the Super Beating Stick 2006*
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies