TRUMP releases his fourth ad, and he's come up with something really special
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:28:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  TRUMP releases his fourth ad, and he's come up with something really special
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TRUMP releases his fourth ad, and he's come up with something really special  (Read 737 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 03, 2016, 04:36:28 PM »

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156602612915725&id=153080620724&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FXRRJ0fMkNV&_rdr

Wow!
psychprofessor

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 04:39:20 PM »

you know, I've never been a Trump fan but out of him, Cruz and Rubio he's the most palatable. He needs to carpet bomb Rubio as a weak, effete Senator. I'm all in for Hillary but rooting for Trump on the REP side.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 04:41:54 PM »

you know, I've never been a Trump fan but out of him, Cruz and Rubio he's the most palatable. He needs to carpet bomb Rubio as a weak, effete Senator. I'm all in for Hillary but rooting for Trump on the REP side.

-Thank you! #MakeAmericaGreatAgain
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 04:49:13 PM »

Trump's ad game is seriously lacking.  That he's only up to his fourth ad by now is pretty pitiful.  His ad game isn't properly responding to campaign events and attacks quickly.  Cruz' campaign has been much more nimble in pivoting.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 04:52:51 PM »

That's brilliant. Really showcases how much broader his support is than the other Republicans, too.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 04:53:00 PM »

Trump's ad game is seriously lacking.  That he's only up to his fourth ad by now is pretty pitiful.  His ad game isn't properly responding to campaign events and attacks quickly.  Cruz' campaign has been much more nimble in pivoting.

1) He's not a politician, and he's not trying to act like one.

2) He's the richest guy in the race by a mile but acts like he's Martin O'Malley.
ProgCon
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 04:58:55 PM »

Not much policy substance, but this is not a policy driven campaign. His is an emotional and sentimental campaign, made popular by the widespread angst, frustration, and anger of a large segment of the electorate who (rightfully) see the establishment (admittedly vague term) as to blame for their woes. I am “anti-establishment,” albeit, obviously, from the left. While I find Trump’s policy proposals (what few he has offered) rather counter-productive or simply discriminatory and authoritarian, I nevertheless sympathize with his underlying message of combating the establishment and retreating from “making the world safe for democracy” and believe that although a Trump presidency would certainly not be good, it could have good points – in contrast with another establishment president like Clinton or Rubio. Cruz is another story altogether and I simply find the man revolting.
Broken System

Political Matrix
E: 0.26, S: 4.17

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 04:59:40 PM »

What a waste of time. This ad doesn't say anything.
ProgCon
Rookie
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 05:02:55 PM »

Of policy substance? No. But Trump's entire campaign has lacked policy substance and yet he has a sustained and considerable lead in the polls. Maybe you should reconsider what constitutes "saying something."
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 05:06:18 PM »

1) He's not a politician, and he's not trying to act like one.

2) He's the richest guy in the race by a mile but acts like he's Martin O'Malley.

I'm not criticizing his ad buys, which have been fairly comprehensive and expensive.  What I am criticizing is that Trump has been running the same ad into the ground instead of periodically changing his message.  He needs to vary the message to be more effective, particularly by responding to attacks more quickly.  He's much more nimble on Twitter, but fewer voters see his Twitter account than his TV ads.  If that means being more like a politician, so be it, but it's good practice for a candidate with money to spend.
Broken System

Political Matrix
E: 0.26, S: 4.17

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 05:07:10 PM »

Of policy substance? No. But Trump's entire campaign has lacked policy substance and yet he has a sustained and considerable lead in the polls. Maybe you should reconsider what constitutes "saying something."

At least normally he says his random stuff like "Build a wall, make Mexico pay for it, build a nice big door so Mexicans can come in legally" or "Ban Muslim immigration until we can figure out what's going on." But honestly, he's confused now. He is desperate to recover, but he doesn't know how.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 05:10:51 PM »

That thing got you all hot and bothered? Wow, you're easy to seduce. I will bear that in mind.
ProgCon
Rookie
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 05:48:16 PM »

At least normally he says his random stuff like "Build a wall, make Mexico pay for it, build a nice big door so Mexicans can come in legally" or "Ban Muslim immigration until we can figure out what's going on." But honestly, he's confused now. He is desperate to recover, but he doesn't know how.

All very true points. I noticed something that particularly stood out about this ad - he employs noticeably diverse supporters and has generally toned down his approach. Perhaps he is trying to subtly signal to more skeptical moderate/establishment Republican voters that he is not as polarizing and discriminatory as they perceive him to be.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 06:13:18 AM »

Given what I already knew of TRUMP, what I took away from the ad was that if you are a minority wanting to appear on TV, show up at a TRUMP rally as a supporter, and you'd have an excellent chance of being in his next ad.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 07:46:32 AM »

What is so great about this ad? Weakest/worst ad I have seen. Personally I enjoyed Trump's attack ads more than this. GOP guys seriously need to hire a good ad agency.

I hated the 1st part where you saw this people literally worship Trump - All "I" & him & creating hero worship. 2nd part he only said Stop attack on American values, Make American great.

Just my opinion. Trump fans should grow out of this bubble & criticize him if need be. This is why he is loosing. Unless you push him to do well & don't accept this mediocrity, he would not improve
Uhh_murican
Rookie

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 11:21:20 AM »

Inspiring stuff! But why is he going PC and putting so many non-white people in his ads?
Lord of the Dome
Rookie
Australia

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2016, 11:56:51 AM »

But yeah seriously is this original post sarcasm cause this was one of the least substantive political ads there's seriously nothing to this whatsoever in terms of policy or even inspiration/personality
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies