"Moderate" Rubio attacks Obama for speaking at a mosque
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:10:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  "Moderate" Rubio attacks Obama for speaking at a mosque
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: "Moderate" Rubio attacks Obama for speaking at a mosque  (Read 3850 times)
Admiral Kizaru
Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -3.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2016, 09:16:43 PM »

What a pathetic little man.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2016, 09:19:26 PM »

The bar for moderates in the Republican Party is beyond low.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2016, 10:26:45 PM »

The LOSERS supporting Trump are getting desperate.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, and what it has to do with Rubio's extremism and xenophobia (which, if not stated as baldly and boorishly as Trump, is functionally the same appeal).
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2016, 10:27:21 PM »

ITT: Democrats disagree with a Republican candidate. Big shocker.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2016, 10:28:04 PM »

Any Mosque, or just the Mosque Obama went to, that had at one time a radical cleric leading it? In listening to the news over this contretemps, what I wanted to know is the nature of the cleric leading it now. That seems all that should really be relevant. Maybe the Mosque "cleaned up its act" as it were, to the extent the act at one time is not something Obama should associate with in any way. Obviously if Rubio criticized Obama for going to any Mosque anywhere, because it was a Mosque, that is troubling and certainly out of line.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2016, 10:29:23 PM »

To be fair, I'm sure Rubes would have said the same thing if Obama visited St. Peters in Washington. Wink
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2016, 11:15:41 PM »

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, and what it has to do with Rubio's extremism and xenophobia (which, if not stated as baldly and boorishly as Trump, is functionally the same appeal).

I have no horse in this race, all the Republicans are absolutely awful and I don't need nine billion threads to remind me of the billion reasons why every single one of them is so awful. All I want is to annoy the insufferable Trumpers of this forum.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2016, 11:52:35 PM »

Rubio said it was what Obama said there, not the fact that he went.  How he characterizes Obama's remarks as divisive I have no clue.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2016, 04:45:39 AM »

There's not a moderate running on either side in 2016 ... HUGE surprise, what do ya know?

Kasich?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2016, 06:49:10 AM »

Why must Republicans attack Obama for the few decent things he does?
For the same reasons they attacked him for passing Romneycare.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2016, 06:53:08 AM »

Any Mosque, or just the Mosque Obama went to, that had at one time a radical cleric leading it? In listening to the news over this contretemps, what I wanted to know is the nature of the cleric leading it now. That seems all that should really be relevant. Maybe the Mosque "cleaned up its act" as it were, to the extent the act at one time is not something Obama should associate with in any way. Obviously if Rubio criticized Obama for going to any Mosque anywhere, because it was a Mosque, that is troubling and certainly out of line.

Was this the concern Rubio cited or was his criticism more general? I do think it's a problem that Obama spoke at a Mosque WITH TIES TO THE HOLY LAND FOUNDATION.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2016, 01:50:01 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2016, 01:52:00 PM by Rockefeller GOP »

There's not a moderate running on either side in 2016 ... HUGE surprise, what do ya know?

No there is, it's Hillary Clinton

Anyway I'm sad to see how predictable it is that the #moderate candidate lived up to his #moderate billing, as he has been doing throughout the campaign.

The politics of other countries are irrelevant to our Presidential election, and Hillary Clinton is a run-of-the-mill, standard liberal Democrat.

Her supporters can't shout to the Sanders fans that she's a true progressive and then turn around to others and say how moderate she is.  Name one issue she parts with liberal Democrats on.  Glass Stegal??  LOL, it is a far left position to want to re-instate it, even if you think it'd be a good idea.  Bernie Sanders represents the far left of American politics, and Hillary is lurching toward him any chance she gets.  She's not, by any reasonable measure, a moderate Democrat.

We're simply not going to have a pro-life Dem or a pro-choice Republican (or their equivalents on other issues) anytime soon.

P.S.  When people say Rubio is the moderate candidate, I think they more mean he's now the main candidate more "fiscally-oriented" Republican voters are flocking to in an attempt to stop the religious freak and the racist xenophobe from leading the party to a national embarrassment.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2016, 08:55:20 PM »

I have no horse in this race, all the Republicans are absolutely awful and I don't need nine billion threads to remind me of the billion reasons why every single one of them is so awful. All I want is to annoy the insufferable Trumpers of this forum.

The divide between the pro and anti-TRUMP leftists on this forum is reminiscent of the Bolshevik-Menshevik split-sadly in each case one faction fails to appreciate the world-historical consequence of new developments and adapt to them for the interests of the masses. I mean seriously, do you not see the positive side of a candidate whose managed to shoot up to the top of the polls while discrediting every Cuckservative/neoliberal shill myth of the past generation and relentlessly mocking every Establishment Republican? A candidate who denounced the error of Iraq and argued that those millions would have been better spent on infrastructure on national TV during a Republican debate no less?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2016, 02:22:52 AM »

So did Obama visiting a mosque directly lead to the "let's dispel this fiction" moment?

Even when he's not running, Obama continues to claim Republican scalps.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies