When will Rubio emerge as the presumptive nominee?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:24:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  When will Rubio emerge as the presumptive nominee?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ?
March

April

May

June

The Convention (July)

He won't win the nomination

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: When will Rubio emerge as the presumptive nominee?  (Read 2758 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 04, 2016, 10:45:19 AM »

Currently, I'm thinking he'll have locked it up by around early May (although there's a good change it could be a month earlier or a month later).

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 10:45:51 AM »

Never
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 10:58:29 AM »

Either late February or early March.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 11:00:01 AM »

Huh

How is he going to emerge as the presumptive nominee after only four contests, one of which he has already lost???

I think he has this locked up, but that's just ridiculous.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 11:03:31 AM »

Sadly TRUMP Has a lead with pretty much every demographic in the GOP, Rubio isn't winning
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 11:09:36 AM »
« Edited: February 04, 2016, 11:25:33 AM by eric82oslo »

Huh

How is he going to emerge as the presumptive nominee after only four contests, one of which he has already lost???

I think Rubio will win both South Carolina and Nevada, and I think he has a serious shot at winning New Hampshire as well. After these 4 contests, most of the establishment candidates (probably all except perhaps Bush) will have dropped out, further increasing his momentum. Also, about 90% of all endorsements coming from elected officials over the next 3-5 weeks will go to Rubio. Suddenly, the massive attention that the media has solely been giving to Trump over the past 7 months will start heading Rubio's way instead. In other words, all stars will align. And Rubio's brilliant debate skills will further cement this image. I've always believed that either Rubio or Bush would be the eventual nominee, and after I lost all my faith in Bush in October after a number of horrific debate performances, I've never had any doubt that Rubio eventually would emerge as the nominee.

I think Rubio will lose the general to Hillary though. I'm unsure if he will try again in 2020, because it's just not common that a losing candidate tries his luck again already in the next election. However, due to his very young age, I'm pretty sure that he will run for the nomination once more, probably in 2024 when there is no sitting president to obstruct his chances. If he wins that nomination, which I think is highly likely that he would, I think his chances in the general would be at least 50%. By then, he would be recognized as a statesman. Perhaps he's already been elected Governor of Florida or something by then. Perhaps he will be running as a sitting Governor. 2024 might be an all-latino general, in the case that Hillary does in fact chose Julian Castro as her running mate, something she's been flirting with for a long time already. However, after 16 years of Democratic presidents, it would be very hard even for a charming young lad like Julian to beat an optimistic, visionary Rubio which at that point will be drowning in political experience, both foreign and domestic. By 2024, Rubio should long have abandoned his ultra controversial abortion stance as well, if not it might be the sole thing that could derail his campaign in the general. (More likely than Rubio, Ted Cruz as this year's runner up, will be the presumptive GOP nominee in 2020. He will probably win the primary, yet lose the general badly. The GOP will get its 2nd Goldwater experience, which will lead the party onto a whole different path, finally staring the inevitable future in its eyes. After such a humiliating defeat, what remains of the Tea Party and other party reactionaries (call it the Sarah Palin meets Santorum fraction) will be put on the sidelines in shame and disgust, even from the voters themselves who will be so tired of constantly losing at that point.)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 11:13:34 AM »

If Rubio wins SC, at that point, absent surprises, I think the race is essentially over.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 11:40:12 AM »

If he wins SC. If Trump wins NH by 15-20 points, then I'm not sure.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 11:41:26 AM »

TRUMP will have this thing wrapped up by the end of the month.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 11:47:00 AM »

Yes. A huge victory in NH despite the media shilling full-time for Narco will allow TRUMP to move to Stage 2 - the Art of the Comeback.
Lord of the Dome
Rookie
Australia

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 11:48:52 AM »

Depending on the results in New Hampshire and South Carolina either directly after Super Tuesday or by the end of March.
Publius
Rookie

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 11:53:46 AM »

If by "presumptive nominee" you mean he has the 50%+1 of the delegates, then probably the end of May (June's California Primary at the outside).

But if you mean, "The writing is on the wall," it'll be by the end of March.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 12:01:58 PM »

Huh

I honestly don't understand how you can think he has it "locked up" after 1 contest in which he came in 3rd. Sure there is a plausible argument for why he'll win or "emerge", but there are such plausible for several other candidates, including Trump, Cruz, or even Kasich.

Also, if he has it locked up, then there's no need for him to "emerge", unless you're just seeing something the rest of us aren't. Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 12:06:18 PM »

Yes. A huge victory in NH despite the media shilling full-time for Narco will allow TRUMP to move to Stage 2 - the Art of the Comeback.

Yep. If Trump wins a huge victory in NH and Rubio fails to get a solid 2nd, I don't see how he becomes the nominee. He'd have to win SC, and I can't see Trump losing his big lead here if he wins NH.

I strangely know a lot of Trump supporters in my area, but I've never come across a Cruz supporter.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 12:27:03 PM »

Only if Republicans want to be represented by a candidate who spews venom, hatred, bigotry, intolerance, who makes fun of physically handicapped people, and who doesn't like American military who were captured and imprisoned.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 12:34:33 PM »

Only if Republicans want to be represented by a candidate who spews venom, hatred, bigotry, intolerance, who makes fun of physically handicapped people, and who doesn't like American military who were captured and imprisoned.

Rubio is a disgusting fascist bigot and you should be ashamed of supporting him.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2016, 01:13:22 PM »

Rubio is a disgusting fascist bigot and you should be ashamed of supporting him.

Please, show some respect for Marco, your next President.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2016, 01:31:00 PM »

But enough about Cruz and Rubio.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2016, 01:34:07 PM »

And a significant sliver, if not an outright majority, want that.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2016, 01:43:55 PM »

The nominee will be TRUMP.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2016, 01:44:27 PM »

Never. The more scrutiny he receives, the weaker he'll appear. The guy is a complete lightweight.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2016, 01:48:05 PM »

Rubio won't win. I don't know why people are jerking it over him just because he came in third place. It will boil down between to The Donald and Rafael Edward Cruz.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2016, 02:12:16 PM »

Rubio won't win. I don't know why people are jerking it over him just because he came in third place. It will boil down between to The Donald and Rafael Edward Cruz.

But you say that, because, as a Clinton supporter, you know full well that Rubio is the only Republican who can defeat Hillary.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2016, 02:52:51 PM »

Never. The more scrutiny he receives, the weaker he'll appear. The guy is a complete lightweight.

Low-energy, too.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2016, 05:23:52 AM »

Didn't expect his flaws to be exposed this badly and this quickly.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies