Hillary: "That's what they offered."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:10:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary: "That's what they offered."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Hillary: "That's what they offered."  (Read 1413 times)
tallguy23
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2016, 08:10:45 PM »

Anyone who says they'd turn down 600k for 3 speeches is full of sh**t, Dem or GOP.

This is a silly "issue".
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2016, 05:10:09 AM »

Clinton, at her core, does not understand why people are upset that corporations are buying politicians. To her, this is how it's always been done and it's just an inevitable fact. It's less about "how dare you question my integrity" and more about "why is this an issue now?" Of anything, I'm thankful to Sanders for making this such a pivotal part of his campaign.

Also, she also is a multimillionaire already, so getting a few hundred thousand is no big deal for her.

Yes, but explaining $675K in speaking fees for three speeches she gave to Goldman Sachs is a tough sell in today's political climate, especially when she goes on to try to make the case that she can't be held responsible for accepting that money, given that this occurred before she decided to run for president, before all those sweet people begged her to get into the race. Honestly, I think this is what many people believe is wrong with today's career politicians, the notion that this is just how things are so please just shut up and vote for me.

Will she be releasing the transcripts to those speeches? Given her stoic response that "I will look into that", we'll just have to hang tight, won't we?

It's a shame this woman isn't being hired to run a used car sales operation, 'cuz she'd be really good at it.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/02/04/hillary_clinton_i_took_675000_in_speaking_fees_from_wall_street_because_i_didnt_know_i_would_run_for_president.html

SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2016, 05:14:04 AM »

She didn't say she did it because they offered that much.

Gosh, you're absolutely right. Maybe they should have offered her $29.95? And thrown in a lunch?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies