Hillary: "That's what they offered." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:24:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary: "That's what they offered." (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary: "That's what they offered."  (Read 1458 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« on: February 04, 2016, 12:50:25 PM »

CNN moderator Anderson Cooper speaks to Hillary Clinton

At a CNN town hall in Derry, N.H., moderator Anderson Cooper asked the former secretary of state, "Did you have to be paid $675,000?", a reference to her fees for three speeches to Goldman Sachs. Clinton responded, "I don't know. That's what they offered."

Translation:

You pay me enough, I'll give you three speeches.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 01:42:41 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2016, 01:49:12 PM by Lincoln Republican »

This bullsh-t about being bought by corporations is really starting to get me riled up. I think Clinton could quite honestly put it down easily.

1) I have never let my political work be swayed by big money.

While at the same time accepting multi millions of dollars from the major financial institutions who obviously have vested interests.

2) I am running on a progressive agenda that I've believed in and tried to forward for my entire life. I want to make change happen, and to do that, I need to get my message to as many people as possible. I also need to win. So you know what, I'll take whatever money I can get, because I want to make a difference. I don't and won't let it change the way I stand up for my beliefs.

I'll take whatever money I can get.  Man, did you leave yourself wide open with that statement.  I could go on and on about that, but I won't.

3) It just so happens that corporations often donate to the people they think will win. I'm fortunate to be doing pretty well so far. They want a president who will be on their side, and because I'm doing so well, I guess I might look like a sensible investment. But read my lips: If I am president, we will go after the big banks and the lobbyists. We will tackle campaign finance reform. They can keep donating, but I've made myself pretty clear.

While at the same time taking multi millions of dollars from the big banks and the lobbyists.  Oh please, she'd be laughed off the stage with that remark.  This is a major, major credibility issue.  

End of story.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 06:26:19 PM »

Little did the foolish fools at Goldman Sachs know Hillary Clinton could be bought for far less than $675,000 Tongue

Heard her minimum charge is 200,000$ per 1 hour standard speech. They paid 225$, didn't pay a lot more IMO.

Clinton in 1 Hour > Sanders has earned his entire life maybe. She must be really special

The thing is, you see, the Clintons live by a different set of rules than anybody else in America.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies