Frothy can't name any of Rubio's Senate accomplishments (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:10:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Frothy can't name any of Rubio's Senate accomplishments (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Frothy can't name any of Rubio's Senate accomplishments  (Read 1811 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: February 06, 2016, 04:11:48 AM »

This is correct, Rubio has done next to nothing. But lots of people don't really care about that--just talking. It's funny how my dad supports Rubio this year, but in 2008 acted like Obama was some nobody that walked in from the street, when in reality they have about the same experience (a few dull years in the senate, several years in the state legislature, and...speeches).

Oh, and wolfsblood:

If you take away free speech, even the "bad" free speech, by giving the government the ability to stop it, your nation is thoroughly screwed. Ayn Rand said: "In the transition to statism, every infringement of human rights has begun with a given right's least attractive practitioners." I used to have that on my signature for a while. It's a very important point.

The thing is, what's "good" or "bad" is often very subjective, especially from a legal standpoint. So, personal attacks are bad? What's a personal attack, and what's simply a fair critique? There's no objective way to know! Or is it only "vulgar" attacks? But how do you objectively define what's vulgar? Should we ban talking about gay sex? Fortunately we can't single out them, so it would have to be more all-encompassing. Certainly you won't ban talking about sex in general?

And what if anti-theists--not atheists, but anti-theists--take charge and ban Christianity? I mean, if they feel it's "bad," why should they not based on your precedent? (I'm presuming you're a Christian. And if you are, let me put it this way: what will happen if a pharaoh arises who knows not Joseph?)

This is the same BS nonsense behind not only McCarthyism and censorship laws, but every totalitarian dictatorship ever. Big government controlling our speech--this is literally right out of the pages of Nineteen Eighty-Four!

Do you believe in "American exceptionalism?" I don't believe that America is naturally exceptional, but I believe the idea of America is. And it is NOT because we're white, or Christian, or whatever. It's because we value LIBERTY. Liberty to live how you want without hurting others (and "hurt feelings" doesn't count). No official religion, and (ideally) no limits on free speech.

I just can't stand big-government conservatives. People who think "traditional values" means gay marriage should be banned, but think that things like the Constitution only matter when they want it too.

(By the way, guys, I figured out how to get Leinad in the "trigger the preceding poster" thread--attack the first amendment.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies