If Cruz wins New Hampshire
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:03:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  If Cruz wins New Hampshire
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Cruz wins New Hampshire  (Read 304 times)
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 04, 2016, 08:14:29 PM »

How does he do it, and does that mean he's got the nomination effectively sewn up?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 08:17:59 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2016, 08:19:31 PM by cinyc »

Cruz hasn't even been advertising on TV in New Hampshire until today and doesn't have the ground game there that he had in Iowa.  He's not winning New Hampshire.  You'd need a further fragmentation of the establishment vote and Trump implosion.  The establishment is coalescing around Rubio and Trump hasn't quite imploded yet - though he's hurt himself in the past day or so.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 08:20:38 PM »

Cruz hasn't even been advertising on TV in New Hampshire until today and doesn't have the ground game there that he had in Iowa.  He's not winning New Hampshire.
And yet even without both of those things, he is in a competitive third place and could benefit from a Trump collapse.

I'm not saying it's likely; I just wondered if there was any plausible scenario where it could happen.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 08:21:21 PM »

I guess it's possible, if extremely unlikely. If Trump suffers some massive collapse in the next few days and his support goes mostly to Cruz, he could narrowly win over Rubio. It would set him up with an extremely favorable map, although I wouldn't say the nom would be sewed up.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 08:23:14 PM »

Cruz hasn't even been advertising on TV in New Hampshire until today and doesn't have the ground game there that he had in Iowa.  He's not winning New Hampshire.
And yet even without both of those things, he is in a competitive third place and could benefit from a Trump collapse.

I'm not saying it's likely; I just wondered if there was any plausible scenario where it could happen.

Like I said, Cruz would need a Trump collapse with most Trump voters flocking to him, followed by Bush, Kasich and Cruz taking support from Rubio.  That's not very likely to happen.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies