Will Obama signing the TPP hurt Hillary's campaign?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:23:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Obama signing the TPP hurt Hillary's campaign?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Obama signing the TPP hurt Hillary's campaign?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 24

Author Topic: Will Obama signing the TPP hurt Hillary's campaign?  (Read 290 times)
MM876
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 04, 2016, 11:28:26 PM »

The way I see it, Obama has wedged Hillary into a corner here. She has come out against TPP and has been accused of flip-flopping for it, but she has also run basically as Obama's third term. I don't see her being able to manuver between the issues on this, but I might be wrong; she might just not get called on it.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 11:41:58 PM »

The way I see it, Obama has wedged Hillary into a corner here. She has come out against TPP and has been accused of flip-flopping for it, but she has also run basically as Obama's third term. I don't see her being able to manuver between the issues on this, but I might be wrong; she might just not get called on it.

She'll probably come out in support of it after the primary. It hurts her image because she's clearly flip flopped on this (and may even do so again) but I'm not sure how much people care about the TPP.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 01:03:44 AM »

She'll probably come out in support of it after the primary. It hurts her image because she's clearly flip flopped on this (and may even do so again) but I'm not sure how much people care about the TPP.

People care about it a great deal. And more will care if Trump makes it a talking point. (Sad but true.)

If she flips on the TPP after winning the nomination, I WILL NOT vote for her, no matter what. I suspect that it will be the proverbial straw for many on the far left. (And she's going to need those votes, I think.)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 02:29:02 AM »

"Well, Obama and I agree on many things, and I have great respect for the president and his judgment, but we do have a few differences of opinion and this is one of the things on which we disagree.  But Obama clearly believes that this is the right thing to do, so we'll see what becomes of it and when I get into office, if it turns out he was right, then I would be happy to keep that progress or even build on it, but if it turns out that the TPP is as ineffective or in need of a few reforms, as I found it to be when I read it, then I will work with Congress to improve it, again, building on the good work that President Obama has done."
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies