Democrats for Rubio
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:23:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democrats for Rubio
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats for Rubio  (Read 2032 times)
HillOfANight
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 05, 2016, 09:40:56 AM »

I support Hillary but wouldn't mind a president Rubio. Of course I would vote for her over him. He's kind of a warmonger and also supports all those tax cuts for the rich but also cute, plus he supports immigration reform, so my DACA Latino boyfriend might one day be a citizen.

What do you guys think?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 09:50:36 AM »

I'm a "mainstream" Republican. I think of Trump, Rubio and Cruz as the Goldilocks. One's too hot, one's too cold...Rubio is just right.

HillOfANight
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 09:54:47 AM »

I consider myself a moderate Democrat. Rubio is alright, but he does seem a bit scripted and controlled by his donors. He's savvy and puts on a good act. Better than Cruz/Trump I guess.

I like Jeb but he's too awkward. I like Kasich but it's just a shame he's not visceral enough for the GOP.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 09:58:26 AM »

That is why I believe Rubio gives the republicans the best chance in a general election. He can appeal more to young people and minorities more than any candidate we have and is needed if the republicans hope to win the white house again.

Based on Iowa young people were not big supporters of Hillary, that was obvious.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 09:59:47 AM »

I would think most Democrats who would vote for one of the most conservative members of the Senate are probably Republicans who forgot to update their registration's party affiliation info.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 10:35:50 AM »

I'd probably vote for Hillary over Rubio. He's basically a combination of the worst qualities of Hillary and Obama with none of the good ones.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 12:23:20 PM »

Compared to most other Republicans, I think Rubio would be ok, though I do worry about his hawkishness (even compared to other Republicans). Also, I think the passage of his tax plan would be ruinous (as would the passage of the tax plan of all the Republican contenders that I know of).
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 12:27:24 PM »

I would think most Democrats who would vote for one of the most conservative members of the Senate are probably Republicans who forgot to update their registration's party affiliation info.

Rubio is a wolf in sheep clothing, except make the sheep clothing look a bit more vicious, and make the wolf incompetent and unsuccessful.
rob in cal
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 12:31:40 PM »

I guess it would depend on what issues would be most salient to Dems. On the one hand his support for even higher levels of immigration than we have now implies a commitment to expanding the Democratic base over the long haul, but his hawkishness might also imply a whole new set of military commitments and expenditures that might take away resources and money that otherwise would go toward domestic spending.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 12:34:12 PM »

Many Democrats voted for Reagan who was very right wing for the time
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 12:36:25 PM »

True, but the two parties are much more polarized and ideologically sorted today.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 12:36:25 PM »

Rubio is a wolf in sheep clothing, except make the sheep clothing look a bit more vicious lavenous, and make the wolf incompetent and unsuccessful.

^^^ Rubio is an absolutely horrendous choice who will drive America into the ground. Disaster impending.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 12:46:27 PM »

Jeb! Bush was the only one in that field that I would be able to stand for 4-8 years. Marco Rubio comes off as really arrogant and elitist to me, and Ted Cruz is just a sociopath. He's like Dick Cheney on steroids, but that's just my opinion.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2016, 12:53:26 PM »

"Republicans" and Independents threatening to vote for Clinton over Rubio were never going to vote for any Republican in the first place...

Not true. I'd gladly vote for more moderate candidates like Kasich, Bush, Santorum, or Trump. Rubio not so much.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2016, 02:07:47 PM »

Cross-party voting is a thing of the past. Today's Democrats will not vote for Rubio because they have all been brainwashed by the Marxist-run indoctrination camps otherwise known as liberal arts colleges.

[/sarcasm]
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 02:09:54 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2016, 02:32:19 PM by BeccaM »

A Rubio presidency would be an absolute catastrophe for progressive causes and no one should be "okay" with it.

He has no ideas of his own and would 100% be a puppet for far right interests and a rubber stamp for an extermist GOP congress. The Supreme Court is my biggest fear.
indysaff
reapersaff
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -5.91

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 02:10:34 PM »

No thanks.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 04:01:18 PM »

A Rubio presidency would be an absolute catastrophe for progressive causes and no one should be "okay" with it.

He has no ideas of his own and would 100% be a puppet for far right interests and a rubber stamp for an extermist GOP congress. The Supreme Court is my biggest fear.

Clinton fan angry that a candidate would be a puppet. Ok
HillOfANight
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2016, 04:10:20 PM »

I think a lot of people, including some Republicans, assume that Rubio is mainstream/moderate just because of the position he took on comprehensive immigration reform, and that's dangerous.  There are a lot of senators that work across the aisle on an issue, but that doesn't mean they aren't liberal or conservative on pretty much everything else. 

If you look at a wider range of Rubio's policy positions, he's extremely conservative on virtually every other issue imaginable.  He's questioned whether climate change is real, voted against re-authorizing the violence against women act, and wants to close the Department of Education.  He supports teaching creationism in schools and is conservative on pretty much every social issue imaginable.  He wants to abolish the capital gains tax and supported a tax plan with only two brackets.  He's not moderate at all.

I don't feel that he actually believes most of that. He's just been preparing for his next job.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2016, 04:14:29 PM »

I support Hillary but wouldn't mind a president Rubio. Of course I would vote for her over him. He's kind of a warmonger and also supports all those tax cuts for the rich but also cute, plus he supports immigration reform, so my DACA Latino boyfriend might one day be a citizen.

What do you guys think?

Such cucks should have no place in the party. Tho', it's not surprising you should like Rubio considering he almost certainly is a homosexual and it sounds like given your stated preferences, you want to play the bottom for him both literally and metaphorically.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2016, 04:18:30 PM »

Nominating Rubio could definitely help the party with gay liberal democrat voters who are dating people who are staying in the country illegally.
Trapsy

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2016, 05:49:19 PM »

I would vote Bush over Clinton before I vote Rubio over Clinton.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2016, 05:50:41 PM »

I'd vote for the decayed buttcheeks of William F. Buckley before I vote for Rubio.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2016, 06:07:25 PM »

Many of those Democrats were either (A) Southern White Democrats, or (B) urban, mostly Catholic inner-city white voters who registered Democratic to vote in the Democratic Primary for their city officials.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies