Romney considers endorsing Rubio before NH primary to stop Trump's momentum
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:37:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Romney considers endorsing Rubio before NH primary to stop Trump's momentum
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney considers endorsing Rubio before NH primary to stop Trump's momentum  (Read 1210 times)
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 05, 2016, 12:13:58 PM »

Reported by several news agents already. How important could this single endorsement be? Could it mean a shift in the general NH opinion of several percentage points?

A former Romney campaign official has already gone out publically warning about Trump being unstable and saying that there is no guarantees with Trump in the White House not randomly hitting the nuclear button in one of his now very famous narcisistic tantrums. Cruz is saying exactly the same, that having Trump in the White House basically would be a greater threat to national security than global terrorism. Due to Trump having access to thousands of nuclear weapons and terrorists not.

Anyways, let's not derail this thread. This is all about the much-expected Romney endorsement come this weekend or at latest on Monday. My prediction is that it will land on soil this Sunday for everyone to digest in good time before the primaries. It's been a public secret for almost a year already that Romney's favourite candidate this season has been Rubio, with Christie a close second. Surprisingly perhaps, he's not seemed too positive towards Jeb.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 12:19:07 PM »

I don't think he'll do it unless the race is within 5 points.
Romney doesn't want to be useless.  If he endorses Rubio and Rubio still doesn't win, Romney looks weak and uninfluential.  Rubio seems like he can take second on his own without help, so Romney will stay out unless the endorsement is the difference between first and second.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 12:26:27 PM »

I have long suspected that he was going to do this, in fact I made a poll about it a while back:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=225741.0

I think it would be a BFD. I have always thought that NH is where you stop Trump and the way to do that is to consolidate the so-called establishment wing and Romney's endorsement could start that bandwagon effect.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 12:29:51 PM »

Would be a smart move. Trump showing weakness for a second time in a row would be very damaging for his candidacy.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 12:32:35 PM »

I have long suspected that he was going to do this, in fact I made a poll about it a while back:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=225741.0

I think it would be a BFD. I have always thought that NH is where you stop Trump and the way to do that is to consolidate the so-called establishment wing and Romney's endorsement could start that bandwagon effect.

Absolutely. Not only that, but Romney might still be the single most popular GOP politician in the country, now probably in a close fight with Rubio for the title (one year ago, there was noone even near him in popularity I think), and the epicenter for his most extreme shows of popularity are definitely Utah and New Hampshire. So it just makes so much sense that he would endorse someone a couple of days before these crucial primaries, considering how much most NH GOP voters truely feel devoted to him and love his persona, profile and accomplishments.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 12:37:30 PM »

If a loser wants to endorse the next GE loser, then he should go ahead and do it.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 12:42:22 PM »

If a loser wants to endorse the next GE loser, then he should go ahead and do it.

I have figured by now that those true believers of Trump who makes every turn and twist to defend everything about him, has as bad or insufficient vocabulary as the big guy himself. It's just an observation, but it's quite interesting I think. It goes for at least 98% of the Trump supporters on this site.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 12:53:45 PM »

LOL, Am I supposed to take offense to that?

Sorry I don't speak at levels above most of the population. Most successful people don't. Because they know high level vocabulary words are an atrocious way to effectively communicate, even with the scholarly.

But this is all coming from someone who doesn't know what charisma is, so I'm not terribly surprised.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 01:07:44 PM »

Sorry I don't speak at levels above most of the population. Most successful people don't. Because they know high level vocabulary words are an atrocious way to effectively communicate, even with the scholarly.

But this is all coming from someone who doesn't know what charisma is, so I'm not terribly surprised.

You need to understand the level of TRUMP derangement around here - people are desperately trying to convince themselves that a deranged fascist like Rubio is a Sensible Moderate as opposed to that mean old bully DJT.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 01:10:34 PM »

One of the classes I'm taking is Professionial Issues in Accounting, and I was required to read a book that gives some ways to effectively communicate by speaking more simply.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 02:01:00 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2016, 02:04:28 PM by eric82oslo »

I don't know what charisma is? What proof do you have for that?

If your proof is that Trump has charisma and that I deny it, then let's get some facts straight:

1) I've never said that Trump doesn't have some kind of charisma, after all even Hitler had some kind of charisma
2) Just having charisma doesn't mean that a person is sane, nor that he can't be suffering from a narcisistic personality disorder, which almost every possible expert on the field claims he is, with force. Narcisists and psychopaths do not make for great leaders, the history is plentiful of such examples, and Trump probably suffers from both.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 03:51:23 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2016, 03:58:39 PM by #TrumpTrain since 3/18/15 »

If your proof is that Trump has charisma and that I deny it, then let's get some facts straight:

1) I've never said that Trump doesn't have some kind of charisma, after all even Hitler had some kind of charisma
2) Just having charisma doesn't mean that a person is sane, nor that he can't be suffering from a narcisistic personality disorder, which almost every possible expert on the field claims he is, with force. Narcisists and psychopaths do not make for great leaders, the history is plentiful of such examples, and Trump probably suffers from both.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

What charisma? Are you talking about his hair? I didn't know that a piece of hair could have charisma. Unless you mean that throwing the Holocaust upon 11 million of latinos + the 40-50-60-70 million more who are either family relatives or friends with these latinos, as being a great sign of charisma? If that's your point, then Hitler had just as much charisma as Trump.

Yes, Hitler was charismatic, most people agree with that.
[/quote]

LOL!! You just dig deeper and deeper. Anything else? If you think Hitler was charismatic, you have the soul of a pidgeon at best. No normal human being finds Hitler charismatic. Frightening yes, absolutely, just like a modern terrorist leader. But charismatic? Sorry, that's just absolute crazy talk.
[/quote]

you have the soul of a pidgeon [sic] at best

soul of a pidgeon [sic]

e: I hate to be a narcissist, but imho, this belong in a mine of some sort (or maybe at least his original post with the rebuttal)

e2: "narcisistic" [sic]
"Narcisists" [sic]

More great vocabulary. Maybe next time it will include proper spelling.

TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME
Broken System

Political Matrix
E: 0.26, S: 4.17

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 04:23:55 PM »

NH has a Romney crush. This would lock in Rubio's NH victory.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2016, 04:25:12 PM »

Hmm, that's funny...

Candidate   Votes   Percentage   Delegates
John McCain   88,571   37.71%   7
Mitt Romney   75,546   32.17%   4
Mike Huckabee   26,859   11.44%   1
Broken System

Political Matrix
E: 0.26, S: 4.17

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2016, 04:37:50 PM »

I am obviously referring to Republican voters in the NH primary.

Hmm, that's funny...

Candidate   Votes   Percentage   Delegates
John McCain   88,571   37.71%   7
Mitt Romney   75,546   32.17%   4
Mike Huckabee   26,859   11.44%   1

Romney didn't gain his reputation there yet.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 05:21:39 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

What charisma? Are you talking about his hair? I didn't know that a piece of hair could have charisma. Unless you mean that throwing the Holocaust upon 11 million of latinos + the 40-50-60-70 million more who are either family relatives or friends with these latinos, as being a great sign of charisma? If that's your point, then Hitler had just as much charisma as Trump.

Yes, Hitler was charismatic, most people agree with that.

LOL!! You just dig deeper and deeper. Anything else? If you think Hitler was charismatic, you have the soul of a pidgeon at best. No normal human being finds Hitler charismatic. Frightening yes, absolutely, just like a modern terrorist leader. But charismatic? Sorry, that's just absolute crazy talk.
[/quote]

you have the soul of a pidgeon [sic] at best

soul of a pidgeon [sic]

e: I hate to be a narcissist, but imho, this belong in a mine of some sort (or maybe at least his original post with the rebuttal)

e2: "narcisistic" [sic]
"Narcisists" [sic]

More great vocabulary. Maybe next time it will include proper spelling.

TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME
[/quote]

You're sure you're still not at an insane asylum? I would have alerted my family already if I were you. Something clearly is not right with you.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 05:22:24 PM »

Romney will wait until it's Cruz, Rubio and Trump to endorse Rubio
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 05:23:50 PM »

Even more unwarranted personal attacks with surely bring up your image, Eric. Just admit you were wrong and move on.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2016, 05:27:21 PM »

Even more unwarranted personal attacks with surely bring up your image, Eric. Just admit you were wrong and move on.

Wrong about what exactly? That Trump is a maniac? Every single sane human being would agree with me on that one. Anything else?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2016, 05:28:29 PM »

Now, now children play nicely now, stop getting ur panties in a bunch
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2016, 06:13:12 PM »

You handled this one well. There is a lot of immaturity floating around. Handling it like an adult is to your credit. Kudos. Smiley

On the other hand, folks are having fun with the adolescent ribbing, and I don't begrudge that much really, as long as stuff doesn't get too nasty, and tempers flare.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2016, 02:43:40 AM »

I can't imagine Romney is too keen on the idea now. lol
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length