Valentine's Day advice (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:57:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Valentine's Day advice (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Lmao read the thing under the poll
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Valentine's Day advice  (Read 1750 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: February 09, 2016, 05:30:38 AM »

Atlas Forums is probably the worst place to ask for relationship advice. Not only do we most likely suck at that sort of thing, but some of us are probably naive enough to think we don't.

With that disclaimer, if Mandy (reminds me of the Barry Manilow song, by the way) is not the one who cheated, go for it! Seriously, what can go wrong? Well, actually, lots of stuff, but NOTHING worse than the regret of inaction.

Re-read that last sentence, it's twice as important as all the other crap I'm writing combined. Not that that's saying much.

If she is the one who cheated (you were a bit vague on this), I'd recommend "no." But you'll know the situation better than me. If she's really changed, then sure, go for it. But she probably hasn't--love/lust/attraction/whatever has a habit of blinding you to reality and logic, and imagining that a person you kind-of like is really your "soul-mate," or a personification of all of your deepest desires.

It's an emotion that screws people like nothing else. But, theoretically, it can be leveraged into immense happiness and fulfillment. Rarely see it, though.

Or maybe I'm just cynical.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies