Has Rubio been definitively exposed as a lightweight?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:52:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Has Rubio been definitively exposed as a lightweight?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 99

Author Topic: Has Rubio been definitively exposed as a lightweight?  (Read 1190 times)
trickmind
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2016, 12:54:31 AM »

I'd just like to take a moment to remind my fellow Atlasians that the same media that constantly slams Hillary as "robotic" and "scripted" have been pimping the Cuban wonder boy for nearly a year now. Looks like they're going to abandon the sinking ship now. This really is just as bad as Perry's "oops!"

Clinton's scripted, but her expanded RAM capacity allows a very large vocabulary.

Marcobot hasn't been upgraded since the donors blew all their money on Jeb Bush's campaign so he's been stuck with the same 500 words since the start of the campaign.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2016, 12:55:17 AM »

I would say at this point Rubio is toast.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2016, 12:55:52 AM »

I'd just like to take a moment to remind my fellow Atlasians that the same media that constantly slams Hillary as "robotic" and "scripted" have been pimping the Cuban wonder boy for nearly a year now. Looks like they're going to abandon the sinking ship now. This really is just as bad as Perry's "oops!"

Clinton's scripted, but her expanded RAM capacity allows a very large vocabulary.

Marcobot hasn't been upgraded since the donors blew all their money on Jeb Bush's campaign so he's been stuck with the same 500 words since the start of the campaign.

Just more proof Democrats are winning the tech war. Wink
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2016, 01:02:19 AM »

Even besides the bizarre infinite thought-loop the Marcobot was stuck in... why does he even think repeating "Obama knows exactly what he's doing" (a liberal trying to change things in the country) is a good line or attack??
Volrath50
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -5.57

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2016, 01:05:01 AM »

Even besides the bizarre infinite thought-loop the Marcobot was stuck in... why does he even think repeating "Obama knows exactly what he's doing" (a liberal trying to change things in the country) is a good line or attack??

He was responding to the idea that he doesn't have enough experience. He has basically the same amount of experience that Obama had in 2008. So basically, he's saying, or at least, attempting to say, that Obama had enough experience, Obama is actually very skilled, except he's a nefarious evildoer, so as equally bad as Obama has been, Marco Rubio will be as good.

In essence, he's saying let's dispel once and for all with the ficiton that Barack Obama doesn't know what he is doing, he knows exactly what he is doing.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2016, 01:06:06 AM »

He was responding to the idea that he doesn't have enough experience. He has basically the same amount of experience that Obama had in 2008. So basically, he's saying, or at least, attempting to say, that Obama had enough experience, Obama is actually very skilled, except he's a nefarious evildoer, so as equally bad as Obama has been, Marco Rubio will be as good.

In essence, he's saying let's dispel once and for all with the ficiton that Barack Obama doesn't know what he is doing, he knows exactly what he is doing.

Thanks for the clarification, I was confused!
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2016, 04:58:10 AM »

So true.

Future President Clinton was charismatic, unscripted, powerful, confident, and completely breathtaking in her last debate. Then Rubio does this, yet he's supposed to be able to beat her because he's the relateable and charismatic youth the GOP needs. Too funny!
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2016, 05:02:55 AM »

He's always been a lightweight. I'm glad Christie finally exposed him
Yeah, Republicans should be thankful that it was Christie that did it, and not Clinton.

Clinton is skilled and ruthless enough of a debater that she would have stuck a shiv right though that.  I would be laughing so hard.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2016, 08:50:30 AM »

He's definitely given me cause for concern.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2016, 08:56:12 AM »
« Edited: February 07, 2016, 09:03:25 AM by Fuzzy Bear »

And people said I was trolling when I called him a low IQ lightweight. I wish he was exposed after being nominated though Sad

It's not like any of their other candidates are any better, with the possible exception of Christie Trump.

Fixed it for you, lol.

In a more serious vein:  One reason Trump is in the lead is that he actually answers the questions asked of him.  That's far more than the "serious" candidates, who are focused on "message discipline", do, even in a debate where there is some expectation that you answer the question asked.  Rubio didn't do this.  Of course, Jeb! didn't do this, either, nor did many of the others.  Trump, unfailingly, answers the question asked.

I also thought that Trump got the better of Jeb! in their exchange over eminent domain.  Trump didn't flinch, and he was able to defend his position in terms of important objectives that other GOP candidates want.  The "little old lady" story Jeb tried to come up with might play with Democrats, but not with Republicans against another Republican.  And when Trump made the "shhh" gesture, it showed folks that he wasn't going to be pushed around by Jeb! and exposed Jeb! as being an elitist who felt entitled to interrupt.  (Trump does less interrupting than many of the candidates.)  In that vein, Trump is more of an adult, whereas most of the rest are just punks.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2016, 09:04:11 AM »

It was an awful performance. He fled to his canned speech far too often. Go Kasich! As I said before, and is clear now, putting all one's eggs in the Rubio basket is a mistake.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2016, 09:25:41 AM »

He's certainly been exposed as something.

TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2016, 10:19:33 AM »

It was an awful performance. He fled to his canned speech far too often. Go Kasich! As I said before, and is clear now, putting all one's eggs in the Rubio basket is a mistake.

Keeping Kasich around maybe a good thing in case Rubio does completely implode but we do need to make sure Jeb and Christie are at least out in the next couple states or it will be certain none of them have a chance at the nomination. Certainly the biggest winner from tonight was Hillary Clinton.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2016, 10:24:41 AM »

Keeping Kasich around maybe a good thing in case Rubio does completely implode but we do need to make sure Jeb and Christie are at least out in the next couple states or it will be certain none of them have a chance at the nomination. Certainly the biggest winner from tonight was Hillary Clinton.

Correct on all points.  That is why I am hoping Kasich gets a clear second, with a nice gap between him and the third place candidate.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies