Will Rubio implode?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:04:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Rubio implode?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 85

Author Topic: Will Rubio implode?  (Read 2533 times)
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2016, 11:58:20 PM »

This is Dean Scream level.  This is Oops level.  The Super Bowl isn't going to cover this up.  Nothing will.  Not only has Rubio lost the nomination, this will follow him for the rest of his political career.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2016, 11:58:26 PM »

Rubio can take solace that on Monday everyone will be talking about a controversial super bowl ad and not the debate. I think everyone knows this and is unwilling to admit it
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2016, 11:59:09 PM »

Seriously this is Dean Scream level.  This is Oops level.  The Super Bowl isn't going to cover this up.  Nothing will.  Not only has Rubio lost the nomination, this will follow him for the rest of his political career.

*implying he will still have a political career*

Going for the joke there, but I honestly have no idea.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2016, 11:59:41 PM »

Rubio can take solace that on Monday everyone will be talking about a controversial super bowl ad and not the debate. I think everyone knows this and is unwilling to admit it

The people who matter, New Hampshire voters, will still be talking about it.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2016, 12:01:35 AM »

Sure kind of like how trump invoking 9/11 won him Iowa by 14%?
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2016, 12:02:33 AM »

More importantly, establishment donors and other very important people in the party will never forget this.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2016, 12:03:58 AM »

I think Rubio had a terrible debate, but let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction, that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing but let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction, that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing but let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction, that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing but let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction, that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing but let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction, that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing but let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction, that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing but let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction, that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing but let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction, that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing but let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction, that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing
Trapsy

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2016, 12:04:28 AM »

Please shrug this under the rug I want him to implode in the general.
trickmind
Rookie
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2016, 12:06:03 AM »

I don't want to say he's dead...but I will say that Rubio's biggest selling point has always been that he's the most "electable". Anyone watching this debate is not going to think that anymore and are horrified at the prospect of Rubio being on the debate stage with Clinton. He will probably lose most if not all of his "soft" support.

It's recoverable if he can hold on to a respectable 2nd place in NH, but that might be out of the question right now.

In the long-term now, I can only see Trump and Cruz as potential nominees. Christie and Bush and maybe even Kasich are going to push forward to SC and beyond after Rubio showed so much weakness tonight. The establishment lane is going to stay splintered.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2016, 12:06:59 AM »

I think Rubio had a terrible debate, but let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction, that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing but let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction, that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing but let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction, that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing but let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction, that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing but let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction, that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing but let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction, that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing but let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction, that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing but let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction, that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing but let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction, that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing

No, no, no. We just need to dispel with this notion that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing.

He knows exactly what he's doing.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2016, 12:09:40 AM »

This is going straight in my dank meme folder.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2016, 12:12:22 AM »

omg what did i miss
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2016, 12:12:55 AM »

He isn't dead.....but man that was rough.

Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2016, 12:13:35 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQXVijenLfE
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2016, 12:17:55 AM »

I don't want to say he's dead...but I will say that Rubio's biggest selling point has always been that he's the most "electable". Anyone watching this debate is not going to think that anymore and are horrified at the prospect of Rubio being on the debate stage with Clinton. He will probably lose most if not all of his "soft" support.

It's recoverable if he can hold on to a respectable 2nd place in NH, but that might be out of the question right now.

In the long-term now, I can only see Trump and Cruz as potential nominees. Christie and Bush and maybe even Kasich are going to push forward to SC and beyond after Rubio showed so much weakness tonight. The establishment lane is going to stay splintered.

To the degree that this debate was an audition for the Donor Class, I am certain that there were donors that were about to jettison Jeb! for Marco that now have cold feet.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2016, 12:19:39 AM »

This debate will have little effect if any on Rubio's momentum. People overestimate the importance of these debates.

Generally, yes. But this has a good shot at sticking. Take a look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k7EWUwTC04

That, and variations of it, are going to be around as long as someone runs ads against Rubio.

Trump owes Rubio - if it wasn't for "Marco" putting his foot in it, the highlight would be Trump trying to shut up Bush about the little old ladies whose houses Trump tried to steal and turn into parking lots.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2016, 12:19:46 AM »

The moment Donald TRUMP reclaimed the mantle of presumptive nominee after his good friend Governor Christie savaged Marco Rubio over dispelling this myth that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing, he knows exactly what's he doing, he knows exactly what he's doing so we let's dispel this myth.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2016, 12:29:18 AM »

Not surprisingly, the Jeb campaign is openly claiming that donors who were wavering before the debate have been calling them to express renewed support.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2016, 12:31:48 AM »

I could see this sticking and being like an oops moment.  It was VERY obvious what was going on, it's easy to describe and share, and it has the same "oops" effect of pulling back the curtain and confirming everyone's suspicions that Rubio's a pre-programmed empty suit.  Christie even CALLS HIM OUT ON IT AND SAYS IT'S A MEMORIZED 25 SECOND SPEECH.  It doesn't have to be explained.  The clip explains it for you.
This looked really really bad.  When it happened I thought my YouTube stream had jumped back, that's how similar it was.  Rubio looks like a broken robot, he looks like he has no idea what to do so he's going back to his safe space of "Let's dispel this notion that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing."
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2016, 12:35:57 AM »

This is Dean Scream level.  This is Oops level.  The Super Bowl isn't going to cover this up.  Nothing will.  Not only has Rubio lost the nomination, this will follow him for the rest of his political career.

In reality, its a solid step below them...at least he was making fun of Obama, not looking like a complete ass clown for no reason.

This was a debate the saturday night before the Super Bowl, I dont think its going to change that much beyond the media spin that comes out of it, which becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy to some extent.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2016, 12:40:22 AM »

Beautiful. Cheesy
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2016, 12:48:41 AM »

It's worth noting that Rubio really has no core constituency (besides FL Cubans.) All of his support is based on "momentum" (both real and fake) along with image, media hype, and electability. These types of people will abandon him in a heartbeat after a performance this bad. It's funny too, since another decent robot performance without a blue screen of death from his software probably would've led him to 2nd in NH and a great shot at the nomination.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2016, 12:50:18 AM »

If Trump actually pulls it out in the end, I really do believe he'll offer Christie the VP slot.  It's the least he could do after what he did tonight.  If not, then certainly AG in the hypothetical, and admittedly unlikely, scenario in which he wins.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2016, 12:52:57 AM »

I could see this sticking and being like an oops moment.  It was VERY obvious what was going on, it's easy to describe and share, and it has the same "oops" effect of pulling back the curtain and confirming everyone's suspicions that Rubio's a pre-programmed empty suit.  Christie even CALLS HIM OUT ON IT AND SAYS IT'S A MEMORIZED 25 SECOND SPEECH.  It doesn't have to be explained.  The clip explains it for you.
This looked really really bad.  When it happened I thought my YouTube stream had jumped back, that's how similar it was.  Rubio looks like a broken robot, he looks like he has no idea what to do so he's going back to his safe space of "Let's dispel this notion that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing."

My jaw dropped when he repeated it TWO MORE TIMES after being called out for it being a memorized and rehearsed speech. He held onto those talking points for dear life rather than pivot like a talented politician would do.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2016, 12:57:24 AM »

Just saw the clip.....

AHAHAHAHA

I've been saying all along that Rubio would melt away when he was finally held under scrutiny.  I didn't quite expect it to be so soon though. 

Hello President TRUMP!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies