Will Rubio's "let's dispel with this fiction" gaffe become his "Oops" moment? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:16:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Rubio's "let's dispel with this fiction" gaffe become his "Oops" moment? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 81

Author Topic: Will Rubio's "let's dispel with this fiction" gaffe become his "Oops" moment?  (Read 4198 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: February 07, 2016, 06:45:40 PM »

Agreed, in this electorate it seems like reversing Hanlon's Razor gets further than obeying it...this seems especially true with the Republican base.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 07:21:10 PM »

Agreed, in this electorate it seems like reversing Hanlon's Razor gets further than obeying it...this seems especially true with the Republican base.

No, I'm actually in the dark about this. I watched the debate, heard the "Obama bad on purpose" vs. "Obama bad by accident" argument, thought nothing about it at the time or since, and then came here like an hour ago, and there are all sorts of comments about how Rubio said this thing which is going to ruin his campaign. What is the argument that this is a gaffe? That he gave Obama credit for not being clueless, even if it was still a form of criticism?
Rubio made the 'Obama is bad on purpose' argument.  Christie attacked it as a 25 second speech, a recited talking point.

Rubio responded to Christie's attack of only being capable of reciting talking points in literally the worst possible way, by repeating his little speech again, verbatim.  Christie's like 'See, right there.  That's the 25 second speech!' but Rubio just keeps on going.  He tries the speech for a third time, the crowd is booing him at this point.

Then, later on in the debate, Rubio tries his little speech again, and he's booed again.

Here's the entire thing in its full glory.

I didn't think much of it then. Rubio's other parts nulled me of sensation when it came to gaffe-sensing.

It is ironic coming from Christie of all people, given his prior performances.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies